“Very good B&B for an overnight stay in a lovely location”
Review of Abbots

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cerne Abbas
Abbots
Ranked #2 of 2 Cerne Abbas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived in Cerne Abbas with nowhere to stay and Abbots was the perfect place for an overnight stay. The tea room, garden and B&B are staffed by polite and efficient staff. Our double room was clean and tidy, the bed was enormous and very comfortable. The en suite, if a little small, was totally fine for our needs. Our veggie breakfast was very well received. All in all, this is a little gem.

Room Tip: Access to all rooms involves stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedRobbly

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed for two nights at this hostel in August 2013.
The room was very well decorated, clean and bright.
The location was perfect.
The full English breakfast on the menu was AMAZING!! Really the food here was excellent.
I would stay here again the next time I come to Cerne Abbas and I would suggest you stay there too!
Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here for just one night. Everything was excellent - helpful, friendly and efficient staff, a good sized, well-decorated room with modern amenities and reasonable price. And of course the location in this delightful village.

Breakfast however is only served from 9am - ok if you are on holiday but we needed to leave by 7.45. But they did knock off £10 from the room for missing breakfact.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front - the grey room. There is no noise in Cerne Abbas!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I just came in for a tea and a cake and WOW, I was really impressed with the friendlyness of the staff and the customer service was brilliant. The homemade cakes were scrumpsious and I would recomend this B&B to anyone...

I hope to stay a night or ten there sometime as i was really impressed.

Room Tip: Go to Abbots and you will NOT be dissapointed
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
NicWilkes, Owner at Abbots, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Nicola

Reviewed 25 May 2013

As B & Bs go,this is as good as we have experienced.

The friendly owner is on hand to give a warm welcome. The decoration is fresh and the rooms - one quite small - are spotlessly clean. In two of the four rooms we occupied, the tvs were not up to scratch, but one was changed quite readily. The much praised breakfasts lived up to their reputation with excellent food being cooked to order rather than languishing in luke warm trays as is so often the case.

All in all, a great value place to stay in Cerne Abbas - heartily recommended.

Room Tip: Room 4 in the attic has a huge bed, but not much headroom.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
NicWilkes, Owner at Abbots, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for your review and Im so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I note the feedback on the TVs in two of the rooms and am pleased to confirm that they have both been replaced with flat screen freeview TV's.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Nicola

Reviewed 29 April 2013

As a previous resident of Cerne Abbas and an old employee of Abbots tearoom (I worked there many moons ago as a teenager) I was prepared to run a very critical eye over things on my first visit to Abbots after it had been bought by it’s new owners Nic and Adam 3 years ago. My first impression was that it had been given a much needed face lift. The tearoom has been freshly painted with new table clothes and bright pictures on the wall. It now has a slightly more contemporary feel to it.

The menu, along with all the tearoom favourites such as baked potatoes, sandwiches and salads, now has a much greater choice of food and the quality is excellent. Nic does all the cooking and what makes Abbots stand out from other tearooms, apart from the quality of the food, is that she has added a specials board which has a good selection of dishes for example mushrooms with wild garlic on toast with an organic poached duck egg, and homemade soup such as roasted red peppers with goats cheese or mushroom and tarragon. The ham, egg and chips are delicious with the best quality ham I’ve ever tasted.

What I rave about are their cooked breakfasts and you don’t have to be a resident of the B&B to be able to sample one. They are served every day and many local residents come in to partake of this treat. When we stayed last week (we live in Surrey now) I had one of the nicest breakfasts I’ve ever eaten with beautifully cooked poached eggs. I mustn’t forget the cakes as that is my other half’s favourite part of the menu. All the cakes and scones are homemade and are beautifully cooked. Last week he had a coffee and walnut cake and I had a slice of Dorset apple cake both were moist and delicious. We’ve also partaken of their cream tea and that is also a pleasure to eat. My mother loves it.

Now I shall continue my review upstairs where Nic and Adam’s facelift of Abbots continues with freshly painted bedrooms, new carpets, new bed linens and new bathrooms. It is now a much more comfortable place to stay than it was in the past. But what I think is the most important change to Abbots is Nic and Adam themselves. They are always extremely friendly and welcoming when we arrive and are very accommodating to my various demands. I can be a bit of a fuss pot. We tend to stay 2 or 3 times a year now which says it all really. Staying at Abbots is as close as it is possible to be to being at home except for the food which is so much better at Abbots!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kspangler G
NicWilkes, Owner at Abbots, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. Its always a pleasure to have you return and I'm pleased that you approve of our changes and improvements. Im also delighted that it has a "home from home" feel as that it what we like you to feel when you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Nicola

Reviewed 11 April 2013

My daughter and I spent most of a week at Abbots this month. We were in room 5, a new experience for me. The twin beds were cozy, and the power shower in the bathroom was outstanding. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast each day, customized to our tastes. I tried both the full English and the vegetarian option. We also had an excellent lunch in the tea room. Adam and Nic helped us plan our agenda -- for example, Adam recommended an Easter hunt at Mapperton Gardens, which we enjoyed tremendously. Abbots continues to be one of our favorite places to stay in the UK.

Room Tip: All rooms are pleasant. The ones on the top floor (4 and 5) have ceiling beams which are not for the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
NicWilkes, Owner at Abbots, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for your continued custom and for taking the time to write the review. Its always lovely to welcome you back to Abbots and Im pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist you in planning your days. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Nicola

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cerne Abbas
#1 of 2 in Piddletrenthide
Brace of Pheasants
Brace of Pheasants
#1 of 1 in Plush

Been to Abbots? Share your experiences!