“Lovely little place”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a cup of tea whilst in village. The place was quaint and welcoming. Service was great, and although we didn't try it the cakes looked amazing.

NicWilkes, Owner at Abbots Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Thank you for writing your review - so pleased you enjoyed your experience and hope you have time for some cake next time! Nicola

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I had a late breakfast at Abbots, I chose the bacon sandwich which was hot with three rashers of good quality thick bacon. My fiancé chose the cooked breakfast which filled the plate and included two large sausages and lots of buttery mushrooms.

We found the staff were very attentive and the food came within 5 minutes promptly followed by the hot and fresh tea and coffee.

The homemade cakes looked very tempting and it looked like the portions were very generous, just a shame I couldn't fit one in this time!

Before we left we had a look at the garden at the back of the tea rooms which had tables and chairs and a nice undercover seating area.

Cerne Abbas is a quaint village and the tearoom is the perfect place to treat yourself on a nice day out. We'll be back!

Thank you for writing your review. Im really pleased you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Nicola

Reviewed 6 July 2014

in the garden good value for money, I had the vegetable tagine which was very lovely and my mum had the jacket potato with garlic mushrooms. Treacle tart to follow and ice cream which was delicious.

1  Thank Emma F

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. Im so pleased you enjoyed your food. The treacle tart is my favourite too! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Nicola

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Fantastic warm, fresh scones. Tea in a pot. Clotted cream of course. Pretty garden. Cheerful and friendly service. What's not to love?

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Im so pleased you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Nicola

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We came to Abbots as the pub we had intended to lunch at had stopped serving food. When we arrived the waitress greeted us with a sullen hello and promptly disappeared. We ordered drinks and food, one of the drinks was wrong and the waitress reappeared again with the incorrect drinks. I have been to many establishments where they have let you keep the wrong drink order as they cannot reserve it...not here.
I ordered a bacon and brie sandwich as listed on the menu, when it arrived it had been smothered in cranberry and sauce, looking more like a jam sandwich. When I asked for one without, the waitress did comply but I felt uneasy. The food was nice , but the atmosphere awful. The waitress had no customer service skills and clearly didn't want to be working as we observed talking to a man who had ordered a tea for one as if he was hard of hearing/mentally disabled. We won't be coming back because of her attitude. I think this is a shame as we love supporting independent businesses but not one that doesn't make you feel welcome.

NicWilkes, Owner at Abbots Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very disappointed to hear that you felt let down with the service you received.

As a small family run independent, we pride ourselves on delicious food that is served in a relaxed and friendly environment. Its imperative that we get our Customer Service right, but clearly we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

The customer service you describe on your visit is not acceptable and I am in the process of looking into this to ensure that this does not happen again.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your food, and really hope that you will give us another opportunity to deliver the experience that we strive to achieve for every customer.

Kind regards,