“Little piece of heaven by Sennen”

WhiteSands Lands End
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sennen
WhiteSands Lands End
Ranked #2 of 3 Sennen B&B and Inns
“Little piece of heaven by Sennen”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

After only booking WhiteSands for a long weekend, we loved it south we stayed for longer!
Teri was so welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for her - really made us feel at home and that we could come and go as we pleased.
On arrival, we checked into the beautiful (and huge!) ground floor suite which totally shocked us - I was expecting a cheap weekend away but the room was gorgeous with dark wood and stone running throughout. Power shower after being on the beach all day was heavenly as was the big fluffy bed...
Breakfast every morning was included and it had salmon and scrambled eggs every day as it was superb! My husband was a big fan of the full English and the bacon/sausage sandwich too. We also had dinner in the restaurant one night - the fish pie is a must! (And it's huge!)
Overall a fantastic few days and already looking to book again for next year (or later this year if we can!)
Liz

• Stayed June 2014
divaWhitesands, Owner at WhiteSands Lands End, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thanks for the great review im glad you both enjoyed your stay and that you want to come back so soon love to have you back lets hope the summer the customers are as nice as they are now and that we arent to jaded!

Teri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
worcestershire
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Thank you Terri for looking after us all ,home from home ,food wonderful ,nothing too much trouble ,see you again in future ,Sally and family. Hotel a little tired but every thing clean and all staff very willing

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sally B
Dear Sally,

It was nice to have all your family here under such sad circumstances im just glad the sun was shining and hope you have fond memories of your time here as did you dad. Hope to see you again soon

Seengen, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Thank you very much for the fantastic stay at your hotel. We've never stayed in a b&b where the people were so friendly and helpful. We enjoyed ourselves a lot. The suite we stayed in was stunning. We saw that Terry has put a lot of effort, work and love in those lovely rooms. we will definitly come back one day. thanks for that unforgettable time.

Room Tip: all rooms were fantastic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
divaWhitesands, Owner at WhiteSands Lands End, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks for writing such a lovely review we all had a great night including myself and the staff with the improvised guitar evening hope the cocktails didnt cause too much damage and cant wait till the four of you come back again the swiss certainly have our sense of humour dry!

many thanks
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

From the moment we emailed Teri, nothing was too much trouble. On arrival we were upgraded to 'the suite' which was amazing with a lovely living room with double pull out sofa (great for watching a bit of TV when we came up from the beach). It had a great en suite and separate power shower and lovely bedroom which you could separate off from the living area. It was on the ground floor making it really easy for my daughter to pop in and out of the other areas knowing I was close. I have reviewed the restaurant separately and is a must if you like the freshest local seafood and lovely atmosphere on your doorstep! Teri and her dog Bruno and other staff made my daughter feel so welcome. My daughter liked going into the restaurant early when she heard Teri. Was up and played the piano (like Les Dawson!) and then got to spend time with Bruno the dog. The atmosphere was so welcome and informal in some ways yet so professional, efficient with excellent service and food at the same time. My daughter often came back in with baked beans around her face having been served breakfast by Teri ... She really treated her like she was her own. On our last day Teri offered to come with us all for a day out to Lands End with Bruno the dog and another guest. She made it so special , showing us all the local things to do including making your own pottery animal, visiting the beautiful petting farm and sampling local Cornish pasties. As if that wasn't enough , Teri bought my daughter a gift with her name on it. Truly unbelievable service, atmosphere accommodation and superb value for money. I don't know how she does although will definitely be back ... As long as Teri is still there. She made it a lifelong memory for my daughter and me. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: The suite!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Daddyanddaughter
Thanks for the review and im glad yourself and ruby had a great time,memories are something you cant replace and im sure she will remember her time in cornwall also her new friend Alex,tell her bruno said to say hello and to make sure daddy makes that picture frame with her name on it from lands end,now youre back in the real world hope you and the lads have a good tour without too many injuries and i wish you all the best for the future

Youre a great dad

Swanley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Was on a surf trip with the University of Leicester Surf Club, and spent a week in this lovely hotel. The rooms were very good quality with comfortable beds, and the cooking facilities were good enough that we successfully cooked dinner for upwards of 20 people every night. Teri is a fantastic hostess and was very helpful whenever we had any sort problem, as well as being hilarious, and very friendly and approachable.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and sincerely hope that I get to return to it at some point!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
divaWhitesands, Owner at WhiteSands Lands End, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you and to the rest of your group as mentioned on a previous response you were all a little crazy in a nice way and that sort of suits us here although im still trying to get some of your blue body paint off of the pillows! hope i see you later on in the year and that all your studies are going well

Say hello to the rest of your group
and thanks for the card

Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have just returned from a short trip to Cornwall, as I was going to see another concert at the Minack Theatre obviously I wanted to return to Whitesands where I received such a warm welcome in the past.

Contacting Teri she had a large group booked in for that weekend, and someone already staying in the single 'London' room. Being the lovely lady she is she put me in the remaining double 'Washington' room at the single rate, for which I am eternally grateful.

From the moment I walked in on the Thursday afternoon it felt like being home again. Teri is so accommodating and will do literally anything to ensure her guests have a happy stay. Combined with the lovely staff she has, Whitesands is a credit to Sennen.

I hope I can return to this beautiful part of Cornwall, and the wonderful Whitesands again before too long.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
divaWhitesands, Owner at WhiteSands Lands End, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
thank you very much for spending the time to write a review i hope you will come back and see us when you are next in the area

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were a group of 26+ who stayed at Whitesands lodge during our Martial arts workshop in Sennen. Teri was very hospitable and happy to talk through our groups needs and requirements and helped us to set Whitesands up to accommodate for this We were given a good sense of space and flexibility, allowing us all to feel relaxed and at home to carry out our workshop. Our group was satisfied with the experience and why we were happy to return for a second visit as a large group once again. A beautiful rugged part of the country.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
divaWhitesands, Owner at WhiteSands Lands End, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Natalie & Roy

Thank s once again for residing with us and the bringing together of diverse people from as far away as australia to join Roy Jentzens workshop who is held in the highest esteem by you all,it gave whitesands a totally relaxed,calm & serene atmosphere and allowed me to enjoy my place without having to work which makes a change,hiring the place as a whole really worked for both of us and is something im trying to expand on in the future such as yoga,surfing,adventure,bootcamps cookery and art 3 day,5 day and 7 day courses between september and may we will be using Ariel your chef in the future for these group events as he works freelance which gives customers like yourselves the flexibility and me to reduce my workload and just look after guests then maybe i wont have to sell due to my illness! i hope to see you both in the future which will be a couple of years as i know youre relocating to Australia to continue your good work.

Kindest regards
Teri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sennen
The Land's End Hotel
Hotel Penzance
#1 of 4 in Penzance
The Ship Inn
#2 of 6 in Mousehole

Been to WhiteSands Lands End? Share your experiences!