“Friendly and welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

We have visited Panorama Guest House in June. We were stunned by the wives from our room, dining and comfortable living area . The hostess was really nice so we felt weary welcomed. Delicious breakfast served a la carte. Convenient parking and clean rooms where everything was available (from hair dryer, cotton buds to coffee maker, coffee, tee,cream). I can highly recommend, this is the kind of place you want to go again and recommend to your friends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sandhurst,Bberks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

My Girlfreind booked for us as we stayed only for one night 1st June this year.What can I say, a lovely well kept house, very clean indeed and every detail taken care of. Even cotton buds in the bathroom.A smashing experience and guests have the use of a lovely sitting room with great views or there is a tv and loads and loads of interesting topical books and magazines.This really is a B & B with class.Wonderful breakfast, quality food served beautifully on lovely china,"treat yourself".

Room Tip: I really expect these are all excellent
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I came across this Guest House on Laterooms.com purely by accident. What a find! There's plenty of parking and it's location was very convenient for my purposes. My room was immaculate and well proportioned. In fact the bathroom was one of the largest I have come across in a guest house! The place is very well maintained and I couldn't fault it. The breakfasts are AWESOME!! I had quite a heavy schedule during my three day stay and the breakfast was so bountiful that there was no need for lunch - I simply had a late lunch/early dinner around 4pm, so my stay even saved me money! The Landlady Lynda is very approachable and very accommodating - nothing is too much trouble. They are obviously very passionate about their business and it shows both in the presentation of the rooms, the overall cleanliness and maintenance of the building and the cheerful breakfast room with it's immaculately laid tables. There has been a lot of attention to detail and they are there to serve their customers and I for one very much appreciated it! I will most definitely be returning again very soon, and would have no hesitation in recommending this guest house. In fact, some 5* hotels could learn a lot from Lynda and her team! I wish them the very best for the future.

Room Tip: I had room 7 which was on a corner and I did not encounter any of the noises or 'aromas' tha...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ninanananoonoo
Billy-09, Owner at Panorama Guest House, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Many thanks for your glowing review. Rob and I were delighted to meet you and are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Decided to return for a second visit. Our first was New Year 2010. A warm welcome, nice comfortable rooms,wonderful breakfast and lovely views.Still a great find. Good location for visiting the south of Cornwall
Ask if they have a sea view when booking. Nothing seems to be too much trouble!
Hope to see you again soon!

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

More than the panorama that our eyes feasted on whether enjoying a soporific evening seated in the Panorama's lounge on the first floor, or while scooping up a spoonful of the fluffiest omelette in the tastefully done up breakfast room that is sure to whet one's appetite, what made our stay thoroughly enjoyable - and memorable - was the warmth Lynda exuded in every interaction I had with her, her thoughtfulness, and her complete lack of hesitation in going beyond the call of duty to accommodate every single request I made: be it laying out the table for takeaway dinners my wife and I ordered into the guest house on a couple of occasions, or letting us customise the breakfast menu by having our pick from different set menus, or driving us down to the train station during breakfast time, invariably one of the busiest times of the day for any B&B owner. Not to mention, of course, Rob picking us up from the Minack Theatre at 10:45 on a Sunday evening and driving us back to the warmth of our room!

There's nothing pretentious about the Panorama's facilities or its owners, and it is this earnestness and tasteful simplicity - projected, I suppose, on to the Panorama's facilities by its owners - that touched my wife and me during our 3-night stay over the Easter break. It felt cosy, it felt warm in more ways than one, and it only added to our 'Cornwall experience'.

Come and stay at the Panorama, and you will discover for yourself what true hospitality is.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at the Panorama for two nights in March 2012. I found the welcome from Lynda very warm, the views stunning (worth the walk up the hill !), and the breakfast delicious - nothing was too much trouble.

Very handy to have a car park on site too. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Have just spent a wonderful 4 days at the Panorama. It's in a fabulous location with great views over the sea, Newlyn Harbour and St. Michael's Mount. As others have said, nothing is too much trouble for the owners and the level of comfort and kindness is way above other places I have stayed. We were taking a two day course at the Newlyn Art School which is just across the road - a fabulous place if you are into painting or printing. If you want to stay somewhere we you can be assured of great food, a great welcome, and the most wonderful hospitality you can't find better. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newlyn
Hotel Penzance
#2 of 5 in Newlyn
The Ship Inn
The Ship Inn
#2 of 6 in Mousehole

Been to Panorama Guest House? Share your experiences!