“Loved It Would stay again”
Review of The Smugglers

The Smugglers
Ranked #2 of 5 Newlyn B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“Loved It Would stay again”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We arrived early before check in and on arrival we were welcomed by a lovely lady called Barbara, who told us it was no problem our room was ready and advised us to the nearest car park (100 Yards approx) so this is not an issue as you can drop luggage and then park. We stayed in the room called the Langley which was clean well presented and very comfortable. Also had a raised outdoor seating area. Barbara advised us exactly what we could do in the area, nothing was too much trouble for her and she even did us a packed breakfast for out last morning as we were up early and had to leave before the lovely breakfast was available. Thank you Barbara for our stay, hope to see you again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steph-Ade

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My partner and I stayed here after a weeks holiday in the Scilly Isles.
We were made very welcome by Barbara and shown to our room which was only the lower
floor. It was called Forbes- It was a wonderful room with everything you could need for a
stay . My partner loved the garden area to the back . We were given lots of helpful information about the area for where to eat at night etc. Breakfast was amazing too much choice for me. But very welcome as we had long drive back to the midlands later that day.
Stunning views of the harbour whilst eating your breakfast . Thank you so much

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jennyr1966
Oldbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My wife and I have recently returned home after a 2 week stay at the Smugglers. We couldn't have found a better place. The hosts Barbara and Stephen were 2 lovely people, and they were always willing to give advice about the area etc. We stayed in the Langley room which was situated at the rear of the main building up a small flight of steps. The room was spacious with plenty of room to store clothes etc. Breakfasts were lovely, and you can order almost anything you please. And the views from the breakfast table were breathtaking. We were looking at Newlyn Fishing Harbour, which is literally yards away from our window. So I'm being quite honest when I say that staying at The Smugglers turned our holday from being a good one into a special one, which we'll never forget.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Baggie142
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We have just returned from a two night stay. The room was very spacious there was also a garden area to this room with sun loungers.The room was called Forbes .We ate in the restaurant for dinner .The fish was beautifully cooked and presented.A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We spent a long weekend here in May and this is the perfect place to stay in Cornwall. Only a half hour walk to Mousehole one way or to Penzance the other. Our room was stunning showing that a lot of care and attention had been taken in choosing the decor. This artistic/contemporary flare runs through the whole premises. Breakfast was also first class with plenty of fresh, organic choices to choose from with a great selection of delicious tropical fruit. As for the car park problem! After reading reviews, we took our bus passes and left the car in the car park for the £6.60 for 24 hrs. All the car parks in Cornwall are expensive and we found the bus services in that area are excellent. Next year we are thinking of returning by train and leaving the car at home!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Smugglers (HARVEY) and it was exactly what we needed, a place with comfortable,quiet and extremely clean environment. We would come back to this hotel again and i must say the bed was extremely comfy maybe thats why we missed breakfast during our stay :-)
We found the location convinient for us.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I did not get to stay here as it is mentioned that parking is near, that is at the bottom or the top of a hill. Not somewhere that is accessable to someone with a # spine who can not walk hills. I am sure the inside is as lovely as everyone says. But as the owner objected to my saying i could not stay there and it should be cleary spelt out, shee told me I was a nasty lady and to leave which I had intended doing any way.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank honeyandwine
smugglersnewlyn, Owner at The Smugglers, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
I am sorry that this guest did not choose to stay with us, we do state clearly that we do not have on site parking. If this guest suffers from a condition that restricts them from climbing hills then perhaps they should have telephoned ahead to clarify the parking situation before they booked. The booking was made on Friday for arrival Sunday which suggests to me that the booking was made in a hurry and suitable research was not made by the guest to ensure that this property was suitable for them. The guest informed me that she would not be staying and accused me of false advertising she was very offensive towards me, I was not going to tolerate this, as this is my home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newlyn
Hotel Penzance
Harbour View Guest House
Artist Residence Cornwall
Artist Residence Cornwall
#8 of 82 in Penzance

Been to The Smugglers? Share your experiences!