“Good food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in this restaurant several time and it is by far the best restaurant in Penzance.The food and service are of high quality you must eat here

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Just rang this for a reservation and the answerphone message says closed until Feb owing to family commitments. I look forward to trying it out in Feb.

1  Thank John_Wantage
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had wonderful sole. The greens acompanying the meal were a bit bland though. Great service and very cosy to eat.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The restaurant is well appointed with sparkling cutlery and glasses laid out on crisp white table clothes.
The starters are very good. I had the spicy prawns that were tasty with a generous amount of smoked salmon. I chose the vegetarian option for my main which was good. Other mains were good apart from the steak which was tough. Choice of desserts was not extensive but the chocolate one was delicious.
Overall service is friendly and attentive.
We went on a quiet evening and a little background music would have been nice.

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We visit Mousehole every year and have eaten pretty much everywhere there (all excellent) so decided to try somewhere new. After reading good reviews on tripadvisor I decided to try the Smugglers which I have walked past loads of times in Newlyn and not really given a second glance. I'm so glad I tried it because it is a lovely place and the food is superb. Perfectly cooked interesting fish and meat dishes with veggie options too and desserts to die for! Other diners have mentioned the size of the portions and I have to agree they are very large although my hake was so delicious I ate it all! Service was lovely and friendly. The only downside was that we were the only people in he place all night! So come to the Smugglers and make the atmosphere as good as the rest of it!!! Top tip is that just past the restaurant round the corner on the right is a harbour car park which seems like it is just a private car park but is a pay and display. There is no sign to say its a public car park but it is!! We parked in duke st car park which is a bit of a walk. A sign for the nearer car park would be good!! I urge you to try this restaurant if you fancy a change from 2 Fore st, the Cornish Range and the Coastguard in Mousehole. It's up to their high quality and you get good views over Newlyn harbour too. A secret gem!