“fabulous homemade cakes and good coffee”

Aunty May's Pasty Company
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Newlyn
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Aunty Mays is very friendly and it seems that all the cakes are homemade and delicious,especially the raspberry and white chocolate flapjack,fabulous! Good coffee and a few seats to sit at and watch the world go by.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

If in Pen with you must get food from Aunty Mays, too tasty to be missed and the staff are lovely too.

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

I got married on Friday 27th November 2015 and was worried about breakfast for all the boys in the morning of the wedding. As I live opposite aunty mays I went in a week before the wedding for food and asked if they could do me breakfast baguettes for the day. After a lovely chat and excitement about the big day I was given discount for the baguettes. The morning of the wedding the food was ready for collection at the time we organised and without the best baguette ever for the morning I'm not sure what I would have done. Highly recommend aunty mays, staff are amazing service fantastic and regular customers are so friendly. Big big thank you. I'll be back in shortly. Matt

1  Thank MMeyritz
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We always used to go to Aunty Mays and I ranked it as my favourite pasty in Cornwall at one stage, but of late the fillings in the pasties have got lean on the meat % front. A recent frozen takeaway batch had one or two tiny bits of beef in each pasty - - virtually all potato and swede. We joked every time we cooked them about which end we would find the piece of meat in.

Sandwiches are lovely but over £5 for an egg bacon / sausage baguette as a takeaway is pushing it a bit. I guess it's a sign of a more touristy Newlyn what people will pay. It seemed really busy so they are doing something right. The quiches looked lovely. I will try one of those next time I go.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

I like this place. Its clean and tidy and the staff are always friendly and helpful.

I have never eaten in (there are a few window stools) But we have had many take out lunches and snacks.

The food is fresh tasty and (I dont know if it is?) but has that homemade look/taste/appeal.

We have had sandwiches/baguettes/rolls/coffees/ Pasties from here and ALWAYS enjoyed them.

Good value for money too.