“Moving son to St. Vincent”
Review of Hotel Alexandrina

Hotel Alexandrina
Ranked #1 of 1 Ribishi B&B and Inns
Champlin, Minnesota, United States
“Moving son to St. Vincent”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We recently returned from a week at Hotel Alexandrina. We moved our son to St. Vincent to attend school. Ruth and Mr. Stevens are delightful people and their property is beautiful. It is located within walking distance of Trinity Med School. It is quiet and relaxing as previously stated. We stayed in a little house which was perfect for the three of us. The maid kept it so neat and clean for us. It has a small kitchen, too, and we used that often. On the night when we wanted to eat at the hotel, we told Ruth that we would like to eat and she asked us if we wanted chicken or fish. Then they went out and bought it and prepared it for us. It was a lovely, delicious, private meal served to us by Mr. Stevens himself. On our last night on the island when we had a function to dress up for, Ruth lent me a hair dryer so I could actually "do" my hair for the event. St. Vincent is HOT so there really is no need to plan on dressing up. Wear your most comfortable, cool clothes. If you are making a trip to the island, this is a wonderful, comfortable, relaxing, quiet, and friendly place to stay. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Kim J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Dearest Mrs. Ruth and Mr. Stevens:
Today I would like to express my most sincere gratitude for your hospitality and friendship at the Hotel Alexandrina in St. Vincent. It was your sense of caring and warmth that I will not forget. Your attention to detail is unsurpassed, from the concern you showed when I missed my flight to the interest displayed when Mr. Stevens came to greet me at the airport. The hotel is spotless, your crew is gracious. Please tell Ms. Rollins her meals were exquisite. Please extend to Ms. Molly she was very amicable. I will not hesitate to stay at the hotel and extend my the best recomendations to any traveler looking for a beautiful safe retreat in a lovely setting. I can't say enough. The grounds are manicured, the natural beauty of the flora in the landscaping, the arquitecture, swimming pool, and accommodations make it picture perfect. I look forward to keeping your friendship and greeting you at my home in San Antonio.

Lydia Devia

Room Tip: Communication is key.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lydia D
Okotoks
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We just spent a week at the Hotel Alexandrina – and loved it.

If you are looking to experience the feel of the island and to have a VERY relaxing and quiet vacation this is the perfect place to stay. The facilities are spotless, the food was great, the rooms are very comfortable and the owners and staff are very pleasant and accommodating. In short, it was a great place to stay.

While visiting St Vincent plan to do a day (or two…) of sailing, we sailed for the afternoon with Sun Sail – it was a great experience. We also took the Ferry from St Vincent to Bequia – it was a 40 minute cruise – the island is beautiful and the people are friendly. While on Bequia we visited the Turtle Sanctuary and we had lunch in Friendship Bay – it was a wonderful day.

We decided to rent a vehicle while on St Vincent – we found that driving from the right side of the vehicle and driving on the left side of the road was not overly difficult. Having a vehicle allowed us to explore both St Vincent and Bequia. If you are interested in a vehicle speak to Ruth at the Hotel Alexandrina – she can set this up for you.

All in all it was a great vacation – we would definitely recommend the Hotel Alexandrina to friends and family.

T & J - Calgary Alberta

Room Tip: We stayed in the third floor penthouse - the room included a full kitchen, living room, dining area.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tim P
New york
Reviewed 29 February 2012

To Tripadvisor.com Gentlemen:

It would be a disservice to my fellow travelers if I omitted to send you the attached note regarding the uniquely refreshing Hotel Alexandrina of St. Vincent. I would like all the future vacationers to experience the quality of service, the genuine hospitality of the hosts that my son and I were fortunate to receive on that charming island. Truly, Hotel Alexandrina deserves all the possible medals in the tourism category. Please publish. It's the least I can do to show my gratitude to Mr. and Mrs. Stevens, and as a public advocate. I can't wait to go back there. Thanks a million. Myrtha O-B

Mrs. Stevens, our airline reservations were through Trip.com when my son Myrtho and I visited your enchanted country for the first time on Sept.1, 2011. However, I contacted you directly for accommodations, recommended by TUSOM. From the minute I heard your sunny and sincere voice on the phone, I was certain I made the ideal choice. I meant to write a thank you note to you since I returned to the United States. Most of all, I need everyone to know what a true testament both you and your gracious husband are to your welcoming island, St.Vincent. Please post this note where necessary, as a public service.
My comments are that your Hotel Alexandrina offers all I needed during my too-short visit to St.Vincent. Your accommodations are impeccably neat, well acclimatized, freshly decorated. My son Myrtho and I greatly appreciated your warmth, Mrs. Stevens. You and your gracious husband, Mr. Stevens, treated us like family. Also, your staff member who took us to TUSOM was beyond helpful.
By the way, the location of your Hotel Alexandrina is excellent: Just on the other side of the short hill separating us from the university. Imagine strolling in the cool breeze, sharing the road with merry chickens and roosters! Moreover, the goats grazing in the colorful gardens alongside were all smile. The captivating site of the sea all around us when we reached the top of the hill was breathtaking. It was overwhelming: You want to stand there, pray, cry, and giggle forever. This perfect beauty transports you into a surreally paradisiac world... Yet, we were only a few minutes away from the main street where the supermarket, the open market, the museum, the hospital, the store, the theatre are all within reach.

In summary, without a doubt, my son's colleagues, our families and friends will know that Hotel Alexandrina is where the services go far beyond the expected. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Stevens for making our St. Vincent visit a very memorable one. May you continue to represent your country so genuinely and proudly. Until next time, have a wonderful day, Mr. and Mrs. Stevens.

Sincerely, Myrtha & son 2/25/2012

PS: Our dog (Butters) that we then left home in the U.S., also thanks your lovely 'husky' for giving us so much love while we were visiting. It was an instant connection, very moving. Love you too, baby. Hello from Butters. We miss you. See you when we visit again, for a real vacation.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Myrtha O
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I had a beatiful time my mom son and I were there for our family reunion. We also had a tour guide that took us to the beautiful sand beaches. The meals were included. the place was clean and beautful I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank sanabennett
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2011

From the moment we arrived, we were met by the owners (the Stevens') with warm welcomings and a smile. They grabbed our bags without hesitation and brought them to our rooms, which were huge, very spacious, very clean, and fully equipped with full kitchen, A/C, and a fridge which was stocked by the owners with cold bottled water and ginger ale (at no charge). The phone was also pre-loaded with 10 dollars for outside calls, and can be easily re-loaded online using a credit card, as well as free internet service. The ocean views from the balcony are extraordinary, and it is very quiet and serene at night. The grounds are constantly monitored by security cameras, which makes for a very safe environment. The groundskeepers would also bring us mangos, and coconuts free every day. The owners and staff were very accomodating and nice, I cant say enough about how much we enjoyed staying here, and we will defineitely be back! Highly recommend. In addition, Crispin the taxi driver is a great guy who will not rob you for excursions to the town, or anywhere else you may need to go, just ask the owners for his number for all your transportation, hes great!
Avrille and Marc Iqbal

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank avy7
Maryland
Reviewed 26 April 2011

A group of us stayed at Hotel Alexandrina in Prospect St. Vincent from March 18th to the 25th 2011, our accommodation was outstanding. The rooms and the surrounding were impeccable and breath taking, The owners the Stevens were hospitable, they went far and beyond the calll of duty to accommodate our needs and wishes. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Ann-Marie Lee-Wilkins Maryland.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank MarylandAnn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ribishi
Blue Lagoon Hotel and Marina
#2 of 5 in Kingstown
Grand View Beach Hotel
Grand View Beach Hotel
#3 of 5 in Arnos Vale

Been to Hotel Alexandrina? Share your experiences!