“Wonderful vacation paradise!”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome Pool Deck
Dawn Beach
Full Moon
Sunrise
Dawn Beach September 2015
Table and chairs next to the BBQ- Grill and Smoking area. This is at the front of the Villa 2018.
New pool deck furniture 2018.
2018
2018
Pool and outside dining terrace. 2018
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ringer19
“Wonderful vacation paradise!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Lovely villa with all the amenities you could want or need. From the fully stocked kitchen, great bedrooms, to the porch and pool, you couldn't ask for more. We loved the ease of walking down to the beach and having your own chairs and umbrella waiting. Our family enjoyed sitting on the porch and reading with the ocean breezes keeping you cool. The ocean below was beautiful. Nadine took great care of us and was wonderful in recommending activities and restaurants. Oyster Pearl Villa is truly a paradise, we look forward to returning!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Rebecca T
Troy, Michigan
“We LOVED Oyster Pearl”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

I traveled to Oyster Pearl with my 2 sons, husband and another family of 4. My family had come to St. Maarten about 6 years ago on a cruise ship and I have always wanted to return. I researched extensively on the internet and we settled on Oyster Pearl. From the first contact, I was impressed by David's follow through! He answered every question we had. He also first put us in touch with Nadine, the property manager who stays on-site who helped us get answers to anything we needed. She even met us at the airport, followed us to 2 car rental agencies and lead us back to Oyster Pearl. I am not going to lie, driving in St. Maarten is an adventure. The roads are skinny, there are walkers and bikers, and the HILLS! Oh the hills!! Pulling into Oyster Pearl from the road was a little scary at first as both are at opposite angles but Nadine showed us how to navigate to the driveway safely. The first time I backed up, I hit the car and pushed in the bumper (we later fixed it with help from Nadine). If you are a nervous driver, I would consider hiring taxis all week. But if you are up for a little adventure, I will rent a JEEP product next time. Those Japanese SUVs aren't going to cut it in St. Maarten. My friend lost her luggage and a taxi had to come deliver it. It is not easy to find. Even St. Maarten taxi drivers where not sure where we were. Remember this when calling a taxi or ordering pizza. You may need to wait at the gate for them.
The house itself is really great. . The kitchen had everything you need to cook. We cooked in 3 nights, ate out 3 nights and had Chef Romain for one night. He was Awesome! Believe all the reviews you have seen. Stick with him as the other ones suggested are overpriced. Book early as he fills up. We ate outside every night. The veranda and view are second to none. We spent all of our time outside. I was initially worried about the mosquito borne disease that has been in the news. I brought some heavy duty bug spray as I am one of the people who tends to get eaten up. I decided that the first time I saw one, I would spray us all down. The bottle is still on the veranda unopened with the other sunscreens. There are tradewinds all the time that vary from a nice breeze to fairly windy. It can be controlled by using the rain shutters, you can put one down halfway if the breeze is too bothersome. There were no bugs.
Probably my favorite part of Oyster Pearl was the half way point to the beach. The stairs are uneven and you need to go slowly down the steps. Nobody in our group ever fell but we were careful. Halfway down to the beach, there is a deck with 4 chairs and 2 giant umbrellas. It is the most perfect place in the world. The umbrellas are strong and stay up in the breeze, the chairs are most comfortable and the beach is just steps away. For the sun worshippers, there are spots on the deck where you can get sun too. It is probably one of the best places I have ever been to in the world. A cooler (which they have in the villa) with some beers, and a book is all you ever need. We spent most of our days there watching the boys build sand castles or body surf. My son and I went snorkling twice on Dawn beach. It took about 1 minute to swim to a reef filled with fish! What a treat!!
Sleeping is great as the A/C provides a cool climate in the rooms. The beds are very comfortable and we all slept great. Sunrise on Dawn Beach is NOT to be missed.
A note about the Westin. Many people complain about the Westin and that it blocks the view. The Westin is in plain sight. The solar panels are right there. But the Westin adds more than it detracts. After a few days, you don't really focus on it and it is just there. The beach bar is a very easy walk (unlike Mr. Busby's, which I could never figure out how to get there from the beach. The rocks provided a big hazard) along the beach. The pools are nice and the kids liked them. The casino is a little lame but if you are up late and want to try it, it is there. Plus, the gym is on the 3rd floor. Just go in. None of the Westin guests really came down to our beach area so it was still as private as if the Westin wasn't there.
Overall, the service and facility were fantastic. Nadine drove us to a tennis court to which she had the key as this was important to us. We played almost every day. She went shopping for us and had everything we wanted waiting for us. The housekeeper did a nice job and we were all very happy at Oyster Pearl. I hope I am able to get back there.
Rebecca Tanguay
Troy, MI

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the halfway deck
Liked least: The stairs to get to the beach
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Apr 2014
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. We have many guests returning to the Villa year after year. The beach deck is my favorite place too. It will receive more tree and shrub planting, this year to make it even more private and secluded. The grounds of the Villa have had extensive planting with coconut palms and other colorful flowering trees to improve the views and add to the ambience. There are two sets of steps down to the beach. The well worn stone steps, which will receive a refurbishment this summer(2014) and the wood steps and broad walk which is a nice wide walkway just installed a few years ago that cuts out the older steps. Both have a sturdy hand rail if support is needed.
Dawn Beach has soft white sand that your feet sink into. The wave action moves the sand and some times the rocks that separate Dawn Beach from Oyster Bay Beach are covered in sand and the access is very easy. Other times the ocean takes back the sand and the rocks are more prominent. It is very rare that the rocks can't be crossed.
Crabs and other sea life make the rock pools there home.
We all look forward to seeing you again at Villa Oyster Pearl.
George W
Dunkirk, New York
“Great Vacation”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Villa Oyster Pearl 1/18-1/25, David (the owner) is very easy to work with. Our family was six adults and 1 baby. The Villa was spacious and easily accommodated us. We enjoyed using the outdoor living space so we spent a lot of time on the patio for cocktails and meals. We cooked a couple of meals on the grill, dined out several times but the dining highlight was having Chef Romain cook us a fabulous dinner. We had been to St Martin before so we knew we liked the Oyster Pond area. Everything was perfect and more than lived up to our expectations. The most important detail that I need to share is that the view from the Villa is fantastic, looking out over the sandy beach and turquoise water with St Barts in the distance is the ultimate in relaxation.

Your age range 50-64

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing