“Scenic!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Scenic!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We got to the stables a bit late but everyone was really nice and made sure my friends and I still got our tour!

They have lockers for you to lock up your valuables. I was able to tell our guide that I've never ridden a horse before and was somewhat scared so they got me a big, sturdy, slow horse. The horses know to just follow each other so you don't have to be a pro.

The ride through the hills of Cape Bay was amazing. The views of the clear blue water stretching as far as you can see were breathtaking. Our guide (whose name I can't recall but he was great) gave us a great tour of the area pointing out Anguilla, Indigo Bay, and other notable locations.

Then we rode down into Cape Bay. We didn't ride incredibly deep into the water but it was fun to say I rode a horse into the water.

The ONE problem? One of the horses decided to poop in the water and there was just no avoiding it. It was floating everywhere. That's not Lucky Stables fault at all. Just a potential occurrence.

But overall, it was an awesome excursion. I highly recommend it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Trey D

Califon, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So beautiful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I were the only two on our outing as there were no cruise ships in on this day, a Sunday, which was actually nice. We were greeted by a friendly staff. Our tour guide, Danny, was great. The horses are very well trained and though I knew that, I was till a little nervous as I only road a horse once before about 30 years ago.
The trails are narrow and rocky and sometimes steep, but the horses know exactly what they are doing. Along the way, Danny would stop periodically to explain the island views and such. It was just beautiful.
The stables are set behind an industrial looking area, DO NOT BE PUT OFF, it is beautiful at the park behind it.
We took the hour ride and at the end went into the bay with the horses! Amazing. After, we enjoyed a $2.00 beer and $4.00 wine while waiting for our taxi.
It was a beautiful and amazing experience.
My only regret was being nervous about taking pictures as we were riding. I recommend you take your camera out, hold onto it tight, trust the horse and take as many pictures of that beautiful area as you can!
Danny also took pictures of us which was great. Wonderful memories.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Alice W
Surrey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Only for the swim!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

What a dissapointment this experience has been - whilst communication has been excellent during the booking process done via email, it rapidly went downhill with our arrival at Lucky Stables (on the Dutch Side) where the staff at the reception were rude - no hello, no welcome and a gentleman barking orders to get ourselves ready, having to choose a riding helmet, all of which were in extremely poor condition (don't trust the pictures, they will makde you wear the most ill fitting broken helmet). The guide was uninformative, only shouting the mandatory "are we having fun yet" every 10 minutes, hoping this would be sufficient to earn a sizeable tip. The ride is uninteresting, offering the same gorgeous views you get on the cab ride over and the stables are located next to the oil refinery - not my idea of a idyllic location. I would recommend this experience only if you want to "swim" with a horse as this is the only going for Lucky Stables and frankly, I'm not even sure the swim is worth the money... I'd say go ride on the beach somewhere else...

Visited April 2014
2 Thank bschum
Whitby, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We took our ride on April 8, 2014 and loved it. There were only 4 of us in the group, plus Lewis our guide. The horses were well trained and loved the water. Lewis was a great tour guide, stopping to show us different things and tell us various information about St. Maarten. He also took lots of pictures of us and the other girls on our tour. We met the owner who just loves his horses, which was so nice to hear. And we met Simba, the family dog. Make sure to give him a good belly rub if you happen to be "lucky" enough to visit this wonderful place.

Visited April 2014
Sydney, Canada
“A must do when on the island. Well cared for horses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Booked for my two kids and myself online. The website was easy and everything was fine. The guide (Danny) was funny and informative. He knew a lot about the area and was willing to share. Nice trail with beautiful sights. Last and most importantly, the horses are well maintained and cared for. Each guide seems to know each horses's temperament. We booked online and picked out time. It is more expensive and larger groups if you book through the cruise ship.

Visited March 2014