My partner and I stayed here for my Birthday weekend on Sept 14th.
We were most disappointed to find that the Spa only opened til 8pm on weekend nights!
We had been out for the day on Saturday and checked in around 6.
We planned to go out for dinner then come back for a late night swim and were very disappointed to learn we couldn't use the Hotel's facilities as they closed at 8pm.
This obviously caters more for business travellers in the week as the Spa facilities are open til 10pm on those nights.
How about thinking about your customers who are here for a special weekend away and their needs?!
We had a good clean, spacious room and the only complaint about the room was the ziplock bed.
If you are a couple, the last thing you want is an uncomfortable ridge in the middle where you snuggle up.
The bathroom was nice and clean but the shower head was fixed and too high so it took ages to wash the shampoo out of my hair.
I then had to go down to breakfast with wet hair, as I couldn't find a hairdryer that the website claimed was in the room and phoning Reception was futile as they just weren't answering.
I was finally told after breakfast that there should be a hairdryer in the drawer, but I shouldn't have had to ask and it certainly shouldn't have been in the bottom drawer!
There was a wedding going on but we weren't disturbed by noise, although the window was old and had gaps and let air in.
I wouldn't have wanted to stay any later in the year than September!
The Hotel do need to put a better structure in place for wedding guests.
As we went out for dinner, and later on our return, we had to weave our way through loitering guests from the wedding party around the bar area.
I was impressed however, with the plentiful supply of tea, coffee, Galaxy hot choc and small biscuits with our kettle area.
Breakfast was disappointing, although the serving room was very nice indeed.
We had continental.
Orange juice had ran out. The fresh fruit was tinned and not a huge choice.
The toaster was one of those 2 sided elemental ones so you had a choice of doing it once to get undercooked toast or twice to get blackened!
Cereal was ok and the filter coffee was passable.
The Hotel had beautiful views from outside, but alas, I wouldn't return here due to their negligence of the finer details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Webbington Hotel and Spa is ideally situated in peaceful countryside to the south of Bristol, with good access to the M5 and within easy reach of local attractions. Originally an attractive Edwardian manor, the house and grounds have been developed to create a luxurious and spacious hotel with a brand new leisure club. The extensive Leisure Club facilities are second to none, whatever you are looking to do it is possible here. There are also the floodlit tennis courts which are free for all guests staying in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Webbington Hotel Axbridge
- Loxton Best Western
- Best Western Loxton
- BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel And Spa Axbridge, Somerset