“Webbington Hotel & Spa”

Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Axbridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Bayeux
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great hotel, lovely spot but had a little road noise from motorway but excellent food and nice rooms. Lovely views over Somerset Levels, great first night stop over to a family holiday. Would recommend and stay there again. Staff very pleasant

Room Tip: Rooms on the front may have road noise
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear FABenson

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel for your stopover stay whilst travelling down to Cornwall. I was very pleased to read that you took the opportunity to take in the fantastic views our across the Somerset Levels and that you would certainly return again for a future stay. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our dedicated team and I know they will be pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel, we do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed two nights in this hotel at £40 a night in August. The room we stayed in was 101. The location is really good as it wasn't too far from Bath, Cheddar Gorge and the beech, we were almost midway. The hotel from the outside looks amazing. Downside to the hotel is that the room we stayed in the window would not close. Although it was quite warm in August it did get a little cold at night time. The room kettle and so forth was a little dated and the bathroom looked at though it needed a fair bit of repairing. I have stayed in budget hotels which have been in better condition. The really annoying thing about the room though was the noise the laundry staff make first thing in the morning. Since the window did not close we were interrupted early on in the day with what sounded like the movement of trollies.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dronfield
Reviewed 15 August 2014

To summarise my review in full I wrote the following to the manager of webbington hotel as feedback of our stay which is also useful for others to know all about the place:
It was lovely staying at your hotel, great position and friendly staff. I am actually a contributor at Trip advisor and I want to share my feedback with you before I publish it on trip advisor. My comments and review will help when read by travellers.
One: more attention is needed to your food, we had bar food: fish&chips and my wife pasta and they were not to the same level expected of your place. However the coffee was good.
Two: you need to have a passage to sauna and steam room from swimming pool rather than through the gym, maybe beneath the gym if not to be moved and closer to changing room. However the facilities are excellent.
Three: Attendance to service at the bar need to be rapid rather than waiting even after I made a call, other customers experienced the same thing.
Otherwise we enjoyed our stay and the location was convenient to explore other sites easily. Despite the motorway M5 noise but that can not be helped. It was good in general and good value for money too.
Best Regards

We will definitely consider it again in the future.

Room Tip: Despite M5 noise which has no effect on accommodation and food quality, it is good value and locatio...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tripadviceshare
Bristol
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Used this hotel as a stopover was great for what we wanted a nice hotel room was massive and the facilities were nice. Only downside to facilities were the steam room and sauna were by the gym meaning you had to walk through health club reception wet from the pool to get there.
Location however did not suit is it was quite a stressful drive up through tiny hill country roads. Wasn't really anything about which would suit someone wanting to get away to a quiet place but we did not book food at hotel luckily a local told us of a pub down the road the new inn which the food was great at! Unfortunately we had to drive it wasn't in walking distance but it was worth it. Overall a nice stay but probably wouldn't stay again due to the location of it.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank A1m9y92
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear A1m9y92

Thank you for our review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and leisure facilities and that your guestroom exceeded your expectations.

The hotels location is only a 5 minute drive from the main A38 Bristol road and 10 minutes from Cheddar Gorge, I do apologise if this was a surprise to you on your journey to us. I would like to say that many of our guests find our location, offering views across the Somerset Levels ideal for a relaxing break and to unwind. I do hope you will reconsider and choose our hotel for a future stay so that you can enjoy our surroundings and the many local attractions.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel, should you ever require accommodation in the area again please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist you with any future reservations.

Webbington Hotel & Spa
London
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were directed to our room, which was some distance up and down stairs with no help offered. The room was clean, small but well furnished. The views from the hotel are stunning. The breakfast however was extremely poor. We wasn't greeted, or offered a choice of eggs. The scrambled egg sat in a sea of fluid. The staff appeared robotic and stressed. No one smiled or were friendly. I asked for fried eggs and two appeared, one with a broken yolk which was missing and another nicely cooked. The sausage was of a good quality. I expected a lot better from the hotel. One of the receptionists was extremely helpful and friendly as we left, she is a gem. I hope the hotel can teach the staff to mirror her customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear CockneyCounsellor

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you found our hotels location and setting beautiful, however please accept my sincere apologies for any aspects of your stay that fell below your expectations.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I can assure you that your comments will be discussed and used to ensure we continue to provide the level of service that we pride ourselves on.

We receive many positive reviews and comments regarding our breakfast service and I was somewhat disappointed to read that you did not encounter such an experience, again please accept my apologies. Your feedback will be investigated and measures taken to ensure we continue to provide a superior experience for all our guests.

I was however very pleased to read that our receptionists were extremely helpful and that you thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent views out across the Somerset Levels. Should you ever return to the area please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly as we would personally like to assist you with any future reservations and assure you of a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Webbington Hotel & Spa

Travellers are raving about these Axbridge hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Axbridge
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wookey Hole
Days Inn Sedgemoor M5
Days Inn Sedgemoor M5
#1 of 1 in Cheddar

Been to Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!