“Vacation”
Review of Little Bay Cabins

and 1 more site!
Little Bay Cabins
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I recently visited Little Bay Cabins. A beautiful,peaceful ,tranquil environment that promotes rest and recuperation!!!The environment offers a true high end camping experience!!The staff is great :Ms Anette,Shane,Young Jay,Ms Patsy and other ladies,the food (a little on the expensive side ) was great!! The cabin was clean but bare,like I said camping:overhead fan and one floor fan,overly hot in the day but comfortable at nights.No refrigerator or air conditioning unit. LBC is about 2.5 hours from the airport,if LBC provide transport the cost of trip $100 US,airport transport $120 US.The neighbor Chubby is great person to meet!! Manager would benefit from professionalism lessons!!! If you choose to go to LBC::walk with swim wear,water shoes,shorts,lots of sunscreen and insect repellent,don't be alarmed if you see ants or 'cockroach'!! Have seal tight container (to store snacks) buy fruits,snacks,juice and water on your way in.Find out (poster on wall at lounge) about the cost for trips to Negril (about 1 hr from LBC),tours and other activities.Avoid the market unless you are going with people from the area,buy keepsakes and souvenirs at the mall Time square in Negril.Note no cash payments accepted at LBC ,credit card for payments for room and board.You may need cash to tip or pay for transportation.Lastly ,CHECK LBC website and read REVIEWS and mostly DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH !!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank john d
There are newer reviews for Little Bay Cabins

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with my brother and sister inlaw visited the day after thanksgiving 2013. Sorry life as been busy and it has taken awhile to write my review. I have to share my experience with everyone because I loved my vacation. It was very nice to go to a quiet, simple, beautiful place away from city life. No one bothered us and every staff member and local treated us very well. Chris took us snorkeling and on a walking tour to the bat cave and blue hole where my sister inlaw claimed she saw a lime green snake (there's no lime green snakes in Jamaica ) and was given the name snake lady for the duration of our stay. We all purchased the meal plan which was affordable and we never went hungry . I had to force myself to eat because I was still full from the prior meal. Ms. Annette's cooking was the best. I wish I could have taken her home with me. Pablo picked us up from the airport he is a very nice man and whatever we needed he was happy to help. Our rooms were always clean. They are simple rooms, nothing fancy. Sometimes simple is more and who needs fancy when the view outside is way better. We are not high maintenance people so everything was perfect. Thank you mike and Keisha your place is paradise you both are very kind and if air fare wasn't so expensive I would come back tomorrow. Keep up the good work and we will see you again someday. For now we have the memories of a awesome vacation.

Your friends Phil and Jess from new Britain CT

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesslynn82
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We loved Little Bay Cabins so much that we came back with our family! We stayed with our kids for 5 days, then sent them home with a friend and had our honeymoon for 5 days! The Legends was great for our family - and they are building more villas for families to stay in! We transferred to a cabin when our kids left. Joe Cool's taxi service was professional and friendly. We were there at the end of their busy season, so it was quiet. Swimming, snorkeling, eating, drinking, and a few excursions - plus a massage to aid in the relaxation!! We went to YS Falls with the whole family - it was great (bring food if you plan to stay the whole day!) and the Blue Hole after the kids left. If you're looking for an extra-fancy resort, this place is not for you. If you are looking for a down-home, rustic experience while being cared for by very kind people, you should get there right away!

Room Tip: The Legends is great for families. Cabin #5 is the best for couples, but gets a lot of sunshine in...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I came to Little Bay Cabins for our honeymoon in February 2014. We stayed for a week and could have stayed for much longer! We are planning our second trip back already.

When we arrived in Jamica- we had contacted Joe Cool taxi for our transport. They are great, reasonably priced, and very reliable. Next time we will ask them to just go through the mountains to get us to our home away from home quicker!

Here are some things to know about the resort-

Go with the meal plan, and bring snacks with you. The food is made with love, and every meal we had was exceptional. A big shout out to Miss Annette, I loved it when you made the Ackee and Saltfish spicy for me. A personal touch that was very appreciated! Make sure that you have plenty of ziploc bags to store your snacks in. You don't want ants in your room!

Go with cabin number 5 or the legends cabin! We stayed in cabin 5 and it was perfect. Private and steps away from the beach.

There is a small area where you can access wifi. This came in handy to email family when needed.

If you need something, ask! Any time we needed anything Mike and Keisha were more than happy to help.

Talk to the employees, I had so many wonderful conversations with Piggy, Oshane, Young Jay, Miss Patsy, Mike, Chubby, and Keisha. One of the best parts of the trip was late nights playing dominoes and listening to some modern reggae at the bar. Just hanging out with everyone like we were old friends. My husband and I think of everyone often and miss them dearly!

What to bring- probably the most important part of the review:

sunscreen

BUG SPRAY (we also had the Off clip on bug fans- very helpful).

books- I went through 5 on our trip

towels for the beach

water shoes

a small chargeable speaker for your phone, ipod, etc.

games- we brought yahtzee and it was a huge hit!

nalgene bottles for water/drinks- they will be happy to fill them for you at the bar

an open mind

snacks and ziploc bags

If you are on a budget, you can make your own drinks in your room. We did this by buying two big jugs of water, bringing drink mix packets from home, and buying booze at the airport. But make sure you have some drinks at the bar too- the banana daquiris are to DIE for!

Feel free to contact me with any questions about the resort!

Peace and love :)

K and W

Room Tip: Cabin number 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 387kellyg
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Recently returned from my second stay at LBC. Last year my wife and I discovered Little Bay Cabins online when searching for an affordable getaway to celebrate her 40th birthday. We stayed for 5 nights and were not disapointed. In fact, we enjoyed our stay so much that we returned this year for a five night stay in the Legend villa with our kids and another family member who was kind enough to fly home with the kids so we could stay an additional 5 nights on our own in cabin #5. If you have the extra dough the Legend is fantastic and I would highly reccomend it. The staff at LBc will treat you right without hovering over you at every moment. Don't be afraid to ask for what you need and they will accommodate. The owner, Mike, takes the time to personally check in with guests daily and genuinely cares and wants to get to know people. I apppreciate the fact that unlike the huge resorts that take advantage of the locals, Mike and Keisha are truly invested in their local community and staff.
Meals: My wife and I opted for two meals per day on the meal plan consisting of a full breakfast and Dinner. We stopped at a grocery store on our way from the airport for midday and late night snacks to keep in our cabin. With Annette heading the kitchen now, the food was outstanding. For $30 per day this was a real bargain. I chose to eat american breakfast and jamaicandinners most days. My typical breakfast was 3 eggs (local free range), a pile of bacon, callaou, fresh fruits, and fench toast. jerk chicken or pork, shirmp or lobster, with veggies and starch were had for dinner. dinners always started with soup and ended with dessert. I was always full and many times could not finish the entire meal. Delicious, authentic, affordable food!
Make sure to check out the Blue Hole Mineral Spring nearby.

Room Tip: Legend or Beachfront
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack W
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Overall a good value. Rooms are basic but very clean (bedding was a bit worn), grounds are well-kept. In spite of the endlessly adorable antics of two puppies, the overall vibe from staff was not as welcoming as another place I have stayed in the area.

Activities: We hung out, read books, enjoyed sunning, swimming (bring your water shoes), sea kayaking and snorkeling - equipment provided for free. Walked up to the site of Bob Marley's summer home and took a dip in the mineral spring where the legend used to bathe. Negril and Sav-La-Mar are not so far if you want to hire a driver to go exploring. Bring your BUG SPRAY.

Food: I don't recommend locking yourself into the meal plan. The kitchen did not open as early as expected - most places are up and running at 7am. Definitely opt for the full breakfast (ackee & saltfish, the national dish, is amazing, as are the omelettes), perhaps pack your own snacks for lunch. For dinner, make reservations at Wayne's World (reviews here at TripAdvisor) - you'll enjoy a delicious, private candlelit dinner right at an outdoor cafe on the beach where you can watch the sun set - for a lot less $. In spite of the dire warnings posted on the wall of your cabin, this business is fully licensed. We enjoyed 5 authentic Jamaican dinners at Wayne's during our stay.

The community of Little Bay is a place of quiet beauty that will change your heart if you let it. Be sure to tip your staff generously if they treated you right. This area is very much dependent on tourism but they're not pesky about it like they are in larger towns.

Room Tip: Room choice: We stayed in Cabin 5 for a week, the only single cabin right on the water.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I can't begin to explain the beauty of the place and the staff they made you feel like kings and queens while you were there! Keisha was most gracious and helpful and she runs a tight ship . The staff are tons of fun and full of so much information about the island you can't read in a book get the food plan I guarantee you will not want to snack in between meals. Bring bug spray this is a must! Don't bring a lot of clothes you will live in bathing suits the entire time.
We are planning on going back in November
It was the most relaxing vacation we have ever had, many thanks to shamonie miss joann our gracious cook ,piggy our coconut man miss patsy who yelled cause I cleaned our cabin up before she came in. ( I did not want her to think we were slobs). And if your worried about no air conditioner You don't need it the ceiling fans and breeze from the sea had me covering up in the middle of the night. Any questions feel free to email me and join their face book page

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin 5 it stands alone other cabins are right next to each other or if your traveling...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Little Bay
Coral Cottage Jamaica
Coral Cottage Jamaica
#2 of 3 in Little Bay

Been to Little Bay Cabins? Share your experiences!