“Authentic Jamaica Cabin”

Little Bay Cabins
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Authentic Jamaica Cabin”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

From the moment we arrived at little bay cabin we knew we had come to the right place its a relaxing retreat where you will experience the real Jamaica Vibe. freshly prepared food, friendly people, super clean rooms.. You diffidently need to experience this place...

I didn't want to leave, seriously, just ask my traveling companions!! - Jamaica Cabins - Little Bay.

1 Thank DanBlaze

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Little bay cabins was just awesome. It has very great atmosphere, cool and relaxing. The food at LBC was out of this world and the staff there are just great. Jam packed with fun like kayaking, swimming in Bob Marley's swimming pool, plus my favorite which was jumping from 30ft into the blue hole mineral spring. After a fun day you get to relax in these cozy beds and listen to the sea water wash again the shore which is bound to put you to asleep.

1 Thank Chen C C
Kingston Parish, Jamaica
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is what you call that real tropical experience unlike the resort experience. Nothing is wrong with being in a fancy hotel but hotels no matter the country are all basically the same. It's like going to chains of Disney theme parks with a room you can sleep in at night. You never truly visit a country until you really get as close as possible to the irie vibe of the islanders. Falling asleep to the sound of the waves on the beach and waking up to that fresh crisp beachfront smell is priceless. Not too crowded its a private experience perfect for any group of friends or couples. Having my own private getaway made me feel like a celebrity for the weekend. If you want a non-resort experience, Little Bay Cabins is the best place to go to. I highly recommend this for persons who really want to get away from it all. Did i mention they took us to one of Bob Marley's secret hideaway and the swimming hole? Its like an under water cave paradise you could play hide and seek. They even showed us the chair he sat on inside the cave and the meditation stone where he created some of his biggest hits. The most exciting part of the stay was the blue hole mineral spring we dived into and the bat cave where we climbed up the trunks of trees to the roof of the cave. I'll never forget the kayaking, snorkeling, fisherman's boat ride and the bonfire where i sat and had my Pina Colada. Lastly if you really want to have jamaican food? eat from a jamaican cook lol not a resort cook. I was welcomed and sent off with a warm loving welcome and goodbye. So what more could i really ask for more than another another trip to that beautiful place. Little Bay Cabins see you soon!

1 Thank Ashleigh M
Kingston Parish, Jamaica
Reviewed 9 July 2014

30 minutes before we headed into the big resort town of Negril, we turned off into a sleepy, secluded seaside community of Little Bay.

The words that come to mind are Authentic Experience. I've been to many of Jamaica's All-inclusives, but they always felt a little plastic and fabricated.

It's a "create-your-own-adventure" vibe at LBC. If you want to float the day away in the beautiful bay, or take a walk to Bob Marley's fabled swimming-hole, or get up close and personal with the local fruit bat community. Its all there.

The staff is close-knit and unpretentious, they just wanted to take care of us. I haven't been so well-fed in a while! The rooms are nice, but you won't be spending that much time in them.

Whether you want to party with 25 of your closest friends or spend some QT with your special someone. Little Bay Cabins not only does it right, but it does it REAL. Don't expect too much frills on this hand crafted property, just authentic Jamaican love and hospitality.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Wailers Cabin. You can open the door and get a clear view of the bay. Perfect for co...
1 Thank Kamal M
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Little bay cabins was so wonderful! I love rustic places that make me feel like i'm stranded on a deserted island or something so i was really charmed by their simple wooden cabins and I LOVED the shower in the bathroom! Beautifully covered in stones and surprised me with hot water lol Speaking of which I didn't expect wifi all the way out there but there was free wifi and i could pick it up in my room and even on the beach! The beach was right by my doorstep so the first thing i did was swim every morning without having to go too far. That also meant the sound of the waves on the shore lulled me to sleep at night and there was no real noise on the property so i could sleep in as late as i wanted undisturbed.

Boysee took us to a bat cave and this place that used to be a cabin belonging to THE BOB MARELY! There was also an awesome natural rock pool/swimming hole there that he helped me into for a cool swim. The next day my group went to the nearby blue hole and I had a heart attack inducing 25ft leap into another underground pool.

Back to the cabins though! I can't say enough about how warm and personable the staff was, i was surprised to see the owner's wife serving me breakfast like it was no big deal! I asked for a full length mirror in my room and i got one right away no hassle! The kitchen staff even prepared lime juice with warm water for me in the mornings and brought it to my room. Boy could those ladies cook! They had alot of great "real jamaican" dishes than were expertly cooked and the bartender made me a mean pina colada every night! For people who want a private, peaceful and economical trip to Jamaica, I can't recommend anywhere more than the remote piece of heaven they call the little bay cabins! I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are right on the beach so you don't need to specifically choose a room to get the...
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place is one of those secret gems in Jamaica. It's in a lovely peaceful place called Little Bay and let me tell you I was there for two nights and 3 days and it was one of the best experiences I've had. The staff were so friendly and they make you feel so comfortable like you were a part of the family. It is so chill and relaxed there and the cabins are lovely and right near the beach. This place is great for people who are not into the big crowds often seen at mid to large size hotels. The place may be small but it has a lot of charm and character only true nature and adventure lovers would enjoy.

While I stayed there I went kayaking, toured Little Bay on the boat (fisherman style), visited the bat cave, swam at the blue hole and Bob Marley's Swimming Hole, enjoyed a bonfire by the beach, I mean there was so much to do I didn't get to try everything. This place is definitely for those who like a little adventure and enjoy nature at it's finest. I had a lot of fun while I was there and I learned some history as well, overall it was a great experience.

I'll definitely return!!!!!

1 Thank Ranjeet K
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The perfect place to loose yourself from the everyday humdrum. Great food and drinks, warm hospitality and the entire duration of the trip was one adventure after another. Talk about kayaking, tours to famous sites such as Bob Marley's backyard swimming hole and the Blue Hole for daring divers. Talk about real Jamaican dishes such as ackee and salt fish, Jerk Chicken among others, plus the best Jamaican drinks. The proprietors Mike and Keisha were very accessible, open and extremely friendly. Awesome stuff!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
#1 of 3 in Little Bay
The Caves
The Caves
#5 of 85 in Negril

Been to Little Bay Cabins? Share your experiences!