“Small and Sweet, Best place to chill”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Bay
Tansobak Cottage Vacation Resort
Winfield, Illinois
“Small and Sweet, Best place to chill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

This hotel is easily my favourite of all the places we stayed at during out hoping around the island. There was obviously a lot of thought and care put into creating the rooms and the layout of the space. They all have nice new uphostery with handmade local furniture giving it a nice warm feeling. We loved the saltwater pool and the new addition to the little bar next door at Richies. The staff is well trained and not imposing and the food is the best we had on our entire vacation. It's Jamaicain with a fun twist. Lots of fresh with a cool Red Stripe chaser. Most of all the staff is what makes this little place a five star. So funny and deltightful. We just loved learning about Jamaica through the eyes of our new friends. I would suggest giving Tansobak a try and giving the small guys a chance to do what they do best- hospitality

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I cannot thank the staff and owners at Tansobak Cottages for making my first trip to Jamaica a great one. I was in the bridal party for my best friend's wedding at a resort about a mile up the road. My boyfriend and I were to be the only guests not staying at that resort (fully booked) but we were assured that it was within walking distance from Tansobak. At the last minute my boyfriend was unable to travel and I had to come alone. The staff made sure that I had their cell phone to call them anytime day or night to walk/drive me back and forth from one resort to the other. Being a single woman in a foreign country and being from the same town as Natalee Holloway (the teenager who went missing on her school trip to Aruba) this simple act went a long way to me and my family back home feel so safe and taken care of. I can't thank Michelle, Denis, Richie, Annette, Sophie and DuWayne enough for their excellent attention to detail and top notch customer service. I opted to only have breakfast at the Cottage and was not disappointed with the fresh fruit and variety of traditional Jamaican food I was able to experience. The first floor room is really like a mini apartment with a bedroom, bathroom living room, and kitchenette equipped with full size refrigerator, dishes and coffee maker. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a private getaway with a friendly and helpful staff. Though there is a driver that can take you sightseeing, I could have stayed at both of the secluded resorts the entire time. Thanks to Michelle, the owner, we will be back as soon as possible to use the credit she so graciously gave us for the unused portion of the trip that we paid for but my boyfriend did not use! Walk don't run to Tansobak Cottages.

• Stayed June 2012
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

Tansobak is truly a gem! The cottage has 3 beautiful rooms and is gated and completely private right on the cliffs. From the delicious meals made by sweetheart, Miss Ann, to the always smiling face of Sophia who keeps everything beautiful, Tansobak is a place you never want to leave! Richie (and his four-legged sidekick, Grumpy) do a great job keeping the grounds looking beautiful, and will beat your at rummy every time! Everybody (including people in the community) are inviting and kind, and willing to make your stay whatever you want it to be. You can relax in the hammocks, explore the local attractions, or take a short trip to Negril with accomodating and trustworthy Courtney if you want a bit more excitement. Tansobak has it all! And if by chance something is missing, Miss Ann is more than willing to pick it up for you on her next trip to the market. You always feel safe and secure because you know Dwayne is keeping watch at night. You won't find a better place in Little Bay! There's nothing like pulling a fresh lime right off the tree to put in your red stripe, and relaxing in the private cool down pool watching the sun go down! We would highly recommend Tansobak to everyone and can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

I miss it...!
I miss the big garden with lots of aloe plans, humming birds and woodpeckers. I miss the food Annet makes and her laugh. Richie took us to explore the area and show us the best part of life of Jamaica. The place is away from busy area and I was so happy that I wasn't in some resort. It's private and very relaxing. The view of sun rise in the morning and sun set in the evening is amazing. Jumping into the ocean in the morning to start out the day and lay in hammock without thinking about the time passing by. I miss it all I want to go back there right now!

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

I traveled to Tansobak with my husband and a group of friends in January 2011. The house was very comfortable, we were just steps away from the ocean, and there were bicycles available for us to get around town. Not only were Anette, Courtney, and Ritchie amazing hosts, but I felt a warm welcome from the community as well. We are looking forward to our next trip to Tansobak!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

We were there early January of 2011. Tansobak has the best staff that cooks amazing meals and offers great hospitality. Swimming, "hammocking" and local exploring were main activities. There's so much to talk about that's difficult to describe, the best word to use would be GREAT.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

My friend Cullen and I spent the most wonderful week at Tansobak. We have always stayed at all inclusive resorts and thought we would try something different. I cannot say what a difference this week was for the both of us. We have certainly fallen in love with the people of the island and Annette, Richie and Sophie treated us so well, I feel like they are my extended family. Annette's meals were just fabulous and of course the lobster meal was one I will certainly cherish. Richie is just a gem, always with a big smile on his face and Sophie she is the one who likes to laugh- the party girl! We cannot wait to get bak to Tansobak. We stayed on the first floor and did use the air conditioning for a few of the nights. We cannot wait to book our return visit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
#1 of 3 in Little Bay
Richie's on the Beach
Richie's on the Beach
#2 of 3 in Little Bay

Been to Tansobak Cottage Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!