“As close to paradise as you can get”
Review of Coral Cove Resort

Coral Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Little Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2014

For those seeking a vacation closer to Mother Nature and away from all the hustle and bustle of touristy venues, Coral Cove needs to be your destination. Tucked away in a fishing village, every day is a new adventure of exploring the coast by boat, snorkeling in Little Bay, experiencing Jamaican culture or just peacefully lounging by the water without being surrounded by crowds of other sunbathers. It's like being in your own private, low-key resort. Let's not forget about the incredible, totally accommodating staff at Coral Cove where they treat you as family. Can't beat the beautiful, crystal clear waters of Jamaica and warm sea breezes either. If you enjoy going off the beaten path where total relaxation is the norm, than you will want to stay here. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Coral Cove Resort

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We all take simple vacations, but when was the last time you traveled somewhere that changed who you are and how you see the world?

My husband, our two-year-old daughter and myself traveled to Coral Cove for a full week recently. Our family has traveled a lot and this resort literally blew us away! Its perfect for a wedding or a family getaway. The staff treats you like family, and I felt like I had known them forever, they were so accommodating and caring. The food was AMAZING! Every day we felt like we were eating at top-tier restaurant. All of our meals were fantastic, and we have a picky eater in our daughter. The staff is phenomenal with children! They asked if we had any food allergies when we arrived and made accommodations for our daughter's allergy to bananas. They also made her special meals like mac and cheese and chicken nuggets since that's what she likes.

I was in love with the resort rooms; they were extremely clean, which I really like. The rooms were intimate and so full of Jamaican culture. We had an excellent room with air conditioning to go back to for naps! But I love the idea of staying in another room with just the ocean breeze blowing on you at night. It was also refreshing not to have a TV in the room so that you could just relax or go outside and enjoy the area. They had also just upgraded their WiFi so you could get a signal throughout the property. Which was nice so that you can stay at least a little bit connected if you needed to.

We had a blast snorkeling and swimming in the cove every day. We ventured out to the “Blue Hole”, a must see attraction that is 10 minutes away. If you want to relax or go on excursions you can do both.

My husband and I have decide that this is a hidden gem in Jamaica. We loved the fact that it wasn't a huge resort. It’s a small intimate experience that packs a punch. I wish my husband and I would have gotten married there. We now want to spend our wedding anniversaries there. We had traveled to Jamaica before and enjoyed it, but this was beyond what we could have expected, it was the most amazing trip we have had in a very long time! Jamaica is a gorgeous country with amazing local people and lovely beaches!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheela L
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I along with 5 friends visited Coral Cove this week (March 2014) for our 2nd wedding anniversary! This was our 2nd time back to Coral Cove. We got married there 2 years ago. I just can't say enough about Coral Cove in Little Bay, Jamaica. I travel a lot, and have been to many big 5 star resorts, and I love Coral Cove because it is such a different, wonderfully unique experience! It is personable, beautiful, relaxing, fun, and everyone makes you feel right at home. At Coral Cove you do not have to worry about standing in lines for buffet's at meal time, or not getting a reservation at the restaurant because they got booked up. You don't have to worry about crowds, and getting up at dawn just so you can go down and save your lounge chair on the beach before they are all taken up and then not have a seat on the beach. You do not have restaurants at Coral Cove, you have private chef's! You can make requests for your meals, or you can be surprised by their wonderful creations! Each night we had a different dining experience. They setup beautiful tables each night in different areas for us. One night we dined in the open aired dining pavillion, one night we dined out under the trees with white lights strung above us all in the trees, one night we dined out by the water, and could see and hear the waves crashing all around us. It was beautiful and a very unique experience! They make it so special with white linen tablecloths, flower pedals, candles, etc... The food and drinks are delicious. At dinner you get a 4 course meal. A soup, a salad, the main course, then dessert. We dined on lobster, shrimp kabobs, fish, jerk chicken just to name a few items. They cater to vegetarians and special diet needs. It is a wonderful and awesome experience. If you want a bon-fire each night on the beach, all you have to do is ask. They cater to your every need and want to make each second an amazing experience. They have 2 hut fully stocked bars by the water, on each side of the beautiful cove. If you like bananas, you have to try their signature cocktail, "The Dirty Banana"! They also make a great "Jamaican Rum Punch"! They will hook up your IPOD at the hut bars to play your music while you are hanging out also, or they will play great jamaican\carribean music on their main sound system. They currently do not have a swimming pool. Some may feel this is a negative. But, I feel I can swim in a swimming pool any day, anywhere! But, who can swim in a natural beautiful COVE??? They have a cove that you can swim, float, and snorkel in, also kayak. It is beautiful! But, for those of you who like a swimming pool, there are plans to put one in, in the near future. The cove is a unique experience. Bring your swim shoes for it. They have all the snorkeling gear, and kayaks for you as well, to use and it is free for their guests. We love to float in the cove, it is so fun. You can schedule any excursion you would like. There is so much to do in Jamaica. Coral Cove is just 20 minutes from Negril. Be sure and go to Rick's Cafe, Margaritaville, and YS Falls! Captain Georgie will take you out fishing or to the famous caves, and further out to snorkel as well. You can also spear fish, which is cool. Just down the road from Coral Cove are bat caves you can go in, the blue hole (beautiful!), and Bob Marley's old vacation residence. Captain Georgie was friends with Bob Marley and he has lot's of great stories! The rooms are very unique, so different from hotel rooms. These rooms have hardwood floors and furnished with Jamaican antiques. They all have beautiful views, and some of them have open aired showers in the bathrooms. Some rooms have small refridgerators and they will stock them with cokes, bottled waters, and beer, whatever you want. Coral Cove is on a private property and private beach\cove. It is a true authentic Jamaican experience. Non-Commercialized! I had my wedding here 2 years ago, and it was a wedding dream for my husband and I. It was absolutately amazing! They go out of their way to make it extra special and beautiful! My pictures were amazing. The reception and celebration afterwards is something we will never ever forget. Lastly, what makes Coral Cove extra special is the people. It starts with awesome management. Steve and Margaret Zindars the owners care about their employees and treat them like family. The people who work there are very special. Very warm, kind, and heartfelt people. They make you feel at home and they go out of their way to make sure your needs and wishes are attended too. All you have to do is ask. We will be back for a third visit next year! And it will be like going back to visit our family, if that gives you even more indication of how special it really is. I know I could never go back and visit one of the 5 star resorts I have been too and have not even one person remember me. We have invited and shared this special place with around 20 of our friends and family members between our 2 visits back, and each and every one of them fell in love with it and the people who run it. It's just that special!

Room Tip: The Treetop and Treelow rooms are 2 of the best rooms in my opinion. But they are all nice and uniq...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
SteveZLittleBay, Owner at Coral Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Tracy & Jeff
What can I say? Your review of Coral Cove is great and much appreciated.
I was unable to be present at your wedding, however it was a great pleasure to meet you and your guests on your return trip for your second anniversary.
It seems you have found a home away from home and I am looking forward to your return next year as is the entire staff as well as Marla,( her treats will last a long time:)
The bonfires and parties were great, and yes Texans do know how to have a good time!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My friend and I stayed at Coral Cove Resort 7 days around New Year's. The enclosed cove is lovely to float and snorkel in. The grounds are nicely kept, the rooms / buildings are low-frills but very clean and maintained with pride. The staff is warm and kind, and will treat you as their friends if you open yourself to it. The food was always good and satisfying and sometimes great.

You can do visits to Negril and Sav-La-Mar. You can go on snorkeling or fishing trips with Captain Georgie, and the local attractions. You can also enjoy lazy days doing just about nothing near the water. If a staff member invites you to a party, go and experience some local culture. When leaving, be sure to give a nice tip those members of staff who were the most kind and helpful to you.

WiFi is iffy, don't plan on it. Be present on your vacation instead!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MileHiFamilyofFour

Thank you Mile High for visiting Coral Cove for your holiday vacation.
Your review will be helpful to potential guests looking for what you were able to find.
Your description of the property is right on.
In our effort to work with the natural beauty of our surroundings our focus has been to put our guests in an environment with a focus on satisfying all of their senses, with the hope that you will return one day for another dose of the Coral Cove reality:)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

site unseen, we asked 43 of our closest friends and family to join us at coral cove resort in little bay jamaica to help us celebrate our wedding in early february 2014. what followed was the most incredible six days of our lives! there is magic in little bay that is hard to explain and impossible to mimic. authentic, kind and tranquil describes the town, the resort and most importantly the people. if you fancy yourself as laid back, open minded and friendly, you will fall in love with little bay.

if you are considering a jamaican destination wedding, i'd say save your time reading all those reviews on all those resorts and book coral cove with confidence. trust that it will be as perfect as possible and that the incredible staff will take every measure to make sure you are happy.

is coral cove for everybody? probably not. the fact that coral cove is a bumpy hike from MBJ and that little bay is the antithesis of tourist towns like negril is precisely what makes it such a special place. if you need the company of 200 strangers, pre arranged evening activities, or junky beach stores, coral cove is decidedly not for you. if you are at home in the country, with pristine untouched surroundings, kind people, and simple pleasures than i'd say spending some time at coral cove is a must.

the food is terrific. fresh, simple and local. the rooms are cozy, clean and full of character. the starlight / starbright have elevated front row seats of the caribbean. an overwhelmingly beautiful way to wake up.

due to the size of our wedding and the room configurations, additional lodging was arranged at coral cottage, just a short and safe walk up old hope road. ritchie, the proprietor of coral cottage is a sweet and honest man who took incredible care of our friends and family who stayed there.

while re-living our wedding week is sadly not possible, a large group of us are talking about revisiting coral cove and spending some more time in this magical small town in rural westmoreland parish!

to the staff of coral cove whom we now call friends, meg and i would like to say thank you. we will remember our week in little bay for the rest of our lives. to steve, you were right, its just a special place! i remember our first phone conversation, you were concerned that i'd mistake your enthusiasm for a "sales pitch", im now concerned that this review will be mistakenly interpreted that same way.

to carlos, our friend. thank you for everything. yeng + donald + sammy, i am proud to have brothers in jamaica. michael city, best guest appearance ever. bunny + wigga for keeping the place beautiful and safe. to marla, a great dog. richie A for introducing us to little bay. hope, for the amazing massages. maxine and rouchelle and all the ladies at coral cove for keeping this place going....you make it feel like home.

until next time, with lots of gratitude-

meg and dan

a few notes:

1. explore little bay. the ruins of bob marleys house, the blue hole, spear fishing with locals, or simply a walk up and down old hope road.
2. ask. coral cove will do everything in their power to meet your every need.
3. disconnect. the spotty wifi was a blessing in disguise.

Room Tip: really can't go wrong. the two stand alone cottages are terrific. not all have AC, we didn't...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank danny_swed

Dan & Megan..

Thank you for the great review!!
From the first phone call to the final goodbye at Coral Cove, it was all good!
It is always a leap of faith for a couple to invite family and friends for a week to a location that you have no previous experience with. You researched as best you could without making a physical visit. Thank you for deciding on us!
It was great working with you both, and your guests were phenomenal.
Everyone kept commenting on how wonderful the staff was. Well it is true that you get back what you put out. There was so much consideration and respect shown by you and your guests that the week was a pleasurable experience for all involved.
You now have a full understanding of my bias towards Coral Cove:)
Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is the first time I've ever written a review, but Coral Cove deserves every word. As others have said - and I'll just reiterate - this is NOT the place to go if you're looking for 5-star avant garde cuisine, constant access to wifi, or bow-tied butlers offering you chilled champagne with the morning edition of the WSJ. This is, however, the greatest place to go if you want stunning views, a genuine feel for Jamaica, and the best, most personal service possible.

We went to Coral Cove for a wedding -- and there were about 40 of us staying there. The town of Little Bay has about 200 residents, of which probably 20+ or so are employed in one way or another by the resort. The staff is the highlight of the show here. They are attentive, kind, warm, personable...they simply become family after a day or so of staying there. My wife is allergic to gluten, and although they probably thought she was nuts, they would run up to her before every meal to make sure she got her proper allocation. They knew my drink within 1 hour of landing at the resort. They had someone available at all times to drive you wherever you'd like to go. Whether it was Yeng being the best bartender ever, Michael 'City' singing reggae music, Hope giving people massages, or Keisha serving up breakfast....everyone was just phenomenal. To say that we miss the staff would be a grave understatement.

In addition, the rooms are rustic but beautiful. They are each unique and all romantic. They all have stunning views of the cove, which in of itself, is incredible to have all to yourself. The water is crystal clear and the snorkeling is phenomenal -- we saw a sting ray within the first hour of being there, plus tons of fish and coral.

The food was great -- it was typical Jamaican food; lots of fish, meat pie, local veggies, and they (Georgie) managed to catch us over 40 lobster for the rehearsal dinner. It rained a bit while we were there (which was quite unusual), and we literally watched them set up, and then break down, and then set-up again, our meals, every night, to ensure that we could eat outside under the stars.

There was literally no length they would not go to to ensure we were happy. And every request was rebutted with a "No problem, mon" or a "Everyday", or "All the time".... there was simply nothing that they wouldn't do. I just can't say enough about the staff.

If you can't tell already, the entire party -- bride & groom included of course -- was ecstatic with the stay. We will be there again, for sure.

Room Tip: Every room is so unique and different -- but all fantastic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jordan D

Jordan,
It was a great pleasure meeting both you and Colleen, as well as the entire party (to a person) that joined Megan and Dan at their Coral Cove wedding. It was a great week!

Thank you for the great review. I will make sure that all the staff get to read your words of appreciation.
Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had a group of 14 individuals with 8 children ranging from the ages of 6-17. We spent 8 relaxing nights at the Coral Cove Resort. All the children had a great time experiencing the true Jamaican experience. We had the opportunity to go snorkeling with George, walk with Duke to the Blue Hole and a local soccer game, We also walked to the bat cave, watering hole and Bob Marley's property with Sammie. We took one day and drove to Negril and spent the day at Margaritaville. We even had the chance to attend a 'wake' party one evening with all the locals. We spent many of our mornings and afternoons relaxing by the cove and swimming. Donald and Yang made the best drinks for both the adults and the children and they always had plenty of Red Stripe!! Chef Sharky made us fabulous meals each evening and many nights we had either fresh lobster or fish that was caught earlier that day. Sharky always made sure our meals were prepared as requested and accommodated our children's requests of pasta and dessert!! The morning breakfasts were also very good and many choices to choose from. All of the workers at the Coral Cove Resort were very friendly and kind. They were very appreciative of the guests staying at the resort and would do what they could to make your vacation enjoyable. We always felt safe at the resort and within the community.

Things to be aware of and prepared for if staying at the Coral Cove are as follows:
1. Bring water shoes.
2. Be prepared for cold showers although many nights they felt good due to the warm humid weather.
3. Bring bug spray.
4. Floaties for the cove were great to have.
5. Don't forget essentials because there is not a store near by.
6. Don't plan on having internet access. It was very hard to get a strong signal. Although it was great to see the children and adults disconnect from their electronic devices.
7. If you are able, bring school supplies or extra items for the local children. It was a great experience to be able to meet the local children and see them excited with just a box of markers and coloring books.
8. Bring money for tipping the workers as they do work hard.
9. Rooms are clean but not 5 star.
We would recommend the resort and it was a very unique experience that you will not get at the other resorts in Negril.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristi0826
SteveZLittleBay, Owner at Coral Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you Kristi for your positive review,
I remember being asked by one of the members of your party prior to booking with us, "If there would be things to occupy the children?"
It is great to see the children become one with their environment. As you found being occupied is not an issue for the children. Mine were 10 and 13 the first time they went to Little Bay.. They will tell you 17 years later that it was the best vacation of there lives.
You had two issues while you were guests that have been remedied. Our backup electric hot water heater went down at the same time our solar hot water heater decided that it needed maintenance. The perfect storm for hot water:( A new hot water heater was installed and our Solar hot water heaters are once again 100%..
Good for your return trip!

Our internet provider was having technical difficulties. We have since changed providers and once again have WIFI throughout the property. The signal is strong and working well. We understand the importance of staying connected for many of our guests.
While it is nice to escape the communication devices, they are sometimes a necessary part of our lives today.
Once again thank you for the review and we do look forward to your return.

Regards, Steve Z

#2 of 3 in Little Bay
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
#5 of 80 in Negril

Been to Coral Cove Resort? Share your experiences!