“Best day ever!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Little Bay B&B and Inns
London (Surrey)
“Best day ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My fiance and I were en route to Little Bay for a day's sunbathing and happen to drive past this resort. Our taxi driver said we would be 'safer' and more relaxed if we pitched up here for the day providing they were OK with it (as Little Bay is quite isolated) So we asked the staff at Coral Cove if we could chill out there for the day and they said yes! The staff were so friendly and hospitable, nothing was too much trouble and the lunch was fantastic! We loved it so much we came back a few days later! Beautiful resort wih great views - very romantic too! 5 stars for Donald and the team!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Ahhhhhmazing seemed to be the word said the most during our recent stay at Coral Cove. My husband and I went with another couple for 4 wonderful days. We will never go anywhere else in Jamaica. The food is so good and the grounds are beautiful. I loved that there were no phones and no TV. This is by far my most favorite vacation ever. This is not the resort for people who need Zumba at 3 by the pool. This is the resort for people who want to truly checkout from the hustle and bustle and just chill. The beach is perfect for lounging all day. The cove is great for snorkeling. We went out with Captain Georgie and had a great time, even caught some fish. I can't say enough about the staff. The staff is wonderful, friendly, and very accommodating. We are already looking at our calendar to see when we can go back. My only complaint is that I had to leave and come home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PebblesF
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

For those seeking a vacation closer to Mother Nature and away from all the hustle and bustle of touristy venues, Coral Cove needs to be your destination. Tucked away in a fishing village, every day is a new adventure of exploring the coast by boat, snorkeling in Little Bay, experiencing Jamaican culture or just peacefully lounging by the water without being surrounded by crowds of other sunbathers. It's like being in your own private, low-key resort. Let's not forget about the incredible, totally accommodating staff at Coral Cove where they treat you as family. Can't beat the beautiful, crystal clear waters of Jamaica and warm sea breezes either. If you enjoy going off the beaten path where total relaxation is the norm, than you will want to stay here. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We all take simple vacations, but when was the last time you traveled somewhere that changed who you are and how you see the world?

My husband, our two-year-old daughter and myself traveled to Coral Cove for a full week recently. Our family has traveled a lot and this resort literally blew us away! Its perfect for a wedding or a family getaway. The staff treats you like family, and I felt like I had known them forever, they were so accommodating and caring. The food was AMAZING! Every day we felt like we were eating at top-tier restaurant. All of our meals were fantastic, and we have a picky eater in our daughter. The staff is phenomenal with children! They asked if we had any food allergies when we arrived and made accommodations for our daughter's allergy to bananas. They also made her special meals like mac and cheese and chicken nuggets since that's what she likes.

I was in love with the resort rooms; they were extremely clean, which I really like. The rooms were intimate and so full of Jamaican culture. We had an excellent room with air conditioning to go back to for naps! But I love the idea of staying in another room with just the ocean breeze blowing on you at night. It was also refreshing not to have a TV in the room so that you could just relax or go outside and enjoy the area. They had also just upgraded their WiFi so you could get a signal throughout the property. Which was nice so that you can stay at least a little bit connected if you needed to.

We had a blast snorkeling and swimming in the cove every day. We ventured out to the “Blue Hole”, a must see attraction that is 10 minutes away. If you want to relax or go on excursions you can do both.

My husband and I have decide that this is a hidden gem in Jamaica. We loved the fact that it wasn't a huge resort. It’s a small intimate experience that packs a punch. I wish my husband and I would have gotten married there. We now want to spend our wedding anniversaries there. We had traveled to Jamaica before and enjoyed it, but this was beyond what we could have expected, it was the most amazing trip we have had in a very long time! Jamaica is a gorgeous country with amazing local people and lovely beaches!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheela L
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I along with 5 friends visited Coral Cove this week (March 2014) for our 2nd wedding anniversary! This was our 2nd time back to Coral Cove. We got married there 2 years ago. I just can't say enough about Coral Cove in Little Bay, Jamaica. I travel a lot, and have been to many big 5 star resorts, and I love Coral Cove because it is such a different, wonderfully unique experience! It is personable, beautiful, relaxing, fun, and everyone makes you feel right at home. At Coral Cove you do not have to worry about standing in lines for buffet's at meal time, or not getting a reservation at the restaurant because they got booked up. You don't have to worry about crowds, and getting up at dawn just so you can go down and save your lounge chair on the beach before they are all taken up and then not have a seat on the beach. You do not have restaurants at Coral Cove, you have private chef's! You can make requests for your meals, or you can be surprised by their wonderful creations! Each night we had a different dining experience. They setup beautiful tables each night in different areas for us. One night we dined in the open aired dining pavillion, one night we dined out under the trees with white lights strung above us all in the trees, one night we dined out by the water, and could see and hear the waves crashing all around us. It was beautiful and a very unique experience! They make it so special with white linen tablecloths, flower pedals, candles, etc... The food and drinks are delicious. At dinner you get a 4 course meal. A soup, a salad, the main course, then dessert. We dined on lobster, shrimp kabobs, fish, jerk chicken just to name a few items. They cater to vegetarians and special diet needs. It is a wonderful and awesome experience. If you want a bon-fire each night on the beach, all you have to do is ask. They cater to your every need and want to make each second an amazing experience. They have 2 hut fully stocked bars by the water, on each side of the beautiful cove. If you like bananas, you have to try their signature cocktail, "The Dirty Banana"! They also make a great "Jamaican Rum Punch"! They will hook up your IPOD at the hut bars to play your music while you are hanging out also, or they will play great jamaican\carribean music on their main sound system. They currently do not have a swimming pool. Some may feel this is a negative. But, I feel I can swim in a swimming pool any day, anywhere! But, who can swim in a natural beautiful COVE??? They have a cove that you can swim, float, and snorkel in, also kayak. It is beautiful! But, for those of you who like a swimming pool, there are plans to put one in, in the near future. The cove is a unique experience. Bring your swim shoes for it. They have all the snorkeling gear, and kayaks for you as well, to use and it is free for their guests. We love to float in the cove, it is so fun. You can schedule any excursion you would like. There is so much to do in Jamaica. Coral Cove is just 20 minutes from Negril. Be sure and go to Rick's Cafe, Margaritaville, and YS Falls! Captain Georgie will take you out fishing or to the famous caves, and further out to snorkel as well. You can also spear fish, which is cool. Just down the road from Coral Cove are bat caves you can go in, the blue hole (beautiful!), and Bob Marley's old vacation residence. Captain Georgie was friends with Bob Marley and he has lot's of great stories! The rooms are very unique, so different from hotel rooms. These rooms have hardwood floors and furnished with Jamaican antiques. They all have beautiful views, and some of them have open aired showers in the bathrooms. Some rooms have small refridgerators and they will stock them with cokes, bottled waters, and beer, whatever you want. Coral Cove is on a private property and private beach\cove. It is a true authentic Jamaican experience. Non-Commercialized! I had my wedding here 2 years ago, and it was a wedding dream for my husband and I. It was absolutately amazing! They go out of their way to make it extra special and beautiful! My pictures were amazing. The reception and celebration afterwards is something we will never ever forget. Lastly, what makes Coral Cove extra special is the people. It starts with awesome management. Steve and Margaret Zindars the owners care about their employees and treat them like family. The people who work there are very special. Very warm, kind, and heartfelt people. They make you feel at home and they go out of their way to make sure your needs and wishes are attended too. All you have to do is ask. We will be back for a third visit next year! And it will be like going back to visit our family, if that gives you even more indication of how special it really is. I know I could never go back and visit one of the 5 star resorts I have been too and have not even one person remember me. We have invited and shared this special place with around 20 of our friends and family members between our 2 visits back, and each and every one of them fell in love with it and the people who run it. It's just that special!

Room Tip: The Treetop and Treelow rooms are 2 of the best rooms in my opinion. But they are all nice and uniq...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
SteveZLittleBay, Owner at Coral Cove Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Tracy & Jeff
What can I say? Your review of Coral Cove is great and much appreciated.
I was unable to be present at your wedding, however it was a great pleasure to meet you and your guests on your return trip for your second anniversary.
It seems you have found a home away from home and I am looking forward to your return next year as is the entire staff as well as Marla,( her treats will last a long time:)
The bonfires and parties were great, and yes Texans do know how to have a good time!
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My friend and I stayed at Coral Cove Resort 7 days around New Year's. The enclosed cove is lovely to float and snorkel in. The grounds are nicely kept, the rooms / buildings are low-frills but very clean and maintained with pride. The staff is warm and kind, and will treat you as their friends if you open yourself to it. The food was always good and satisfying and sometimes great.

You can do visits to Negril and Sav-La-Mar. You can go on snorkeling or fishing trips with Captain Georgie, and the local attractions. You can also enjoy lazy days doing just about nothing near the water. If a staff member invites you to a party, go and experience some local culture. When leaving, be sure to give a nice tip those members of staff who were the most kind and helpful to you.

WiFi is iffy, don't plan on it. Be present on your vacation instead!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MileHiFamilyofFour
Thank you Mile High for visiting Coral Cove for your holiday vacation.
Your review will be helpful to potential guests looking for what you were able to find.
Your description of the property is right on.
In our effort to work with the natural beauty of our surroundings our focus has been to put our guests in an environment with a focus on satisfying all of their senses, with the hope that you will return one day for another dose of the Coral Cove reality:)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

site unseen, we asked 43 of our closest friends and family to join us at coral cove resort in little bay jamaica to help us celebrate our wedding in early february 2014. what followed was the most incredible six days of our lives! there is magic in little bay that is hard to explain and impossible to mimic. authentic, kind and tranquil describes the town, the resort and most importantly the people. if you fancy yourself as laid back, open minded and friendly, you will fall in love with little bay.

if you are considering a jamaican destination wedding, i'd say save your time reading all those reviews on all those resorts and book coral cove with confidence. trust that it will be as perfect as possible and that the incredible staff will take every measure to make sure you are happy.

is coral cove for everybody? probably not. the fact that coral cove is a bumpy hike from MBJ and that little bay is the antithesis of tourist towns like negril is precisely what makes it such a special place. if you need the company of 200 strangers, pre arranged evening activities, or junky beach stores, coral cove is decidedly not for you. if you are at home in the country, with pristine untouched surroundings, kind people, and simple pleasures than i'd say spending some time at coral cove is a must.

the food is terrific. fresh, simple and local. the rooms are cozy, clean and full of character. the starlight / starbright have elevated front row seats of the caribbean. an overwhelmingly beautiful way to wake up.

due to the size of our wedding and the room configurations, additional lodging was arranged at coral cottage, just a short and safe walk up old hope road. ritchie, the proprietor of coral cottage is a sweet and honest man who took incredible care of our friends and family who stayed there.

while re-living our wedding week is sadly not possible, a large group of us are talking about revisiting coral cove and spending some more time in this magical small town in rural westmoreland parish!

to the staff of coral cove whom we now call friends, meg and i would like to say thank you. we will remember our week in little bay for the rest of our lives. to steve, you were right, its just a special place! i remember our first phone conversation, you were concerned that i'd mistake your enthusiasm for a "sales pitch", im now concerned that this review will be mistakenly interpreted that same way.

to carlos, our friend. thank you for everything. yeng + donald + sammy, i am proud to have brothers in jamaica. michael city, best guest appearance ever. bunny + wigga for keeping the place beautiful and safe. to marla, a great dog. richie A for introducing us to little bay. hope, for the amazing massages. maxine and rouchelle and all the ladies at coral cove for keeping this place going....you make it feel like home.

until next time, with lots of gratitude-

meg and dan

a few notes:

1. explore little bay. the ruins of bob marleys house, the blue hole, spear fishing with locals, or simply a walk up and down old hope road.
2. ask. coral cove will do everything in their power to meet your every need.
3. disconnect. the spotty wifi was a blessing in disguise.

Room Tip: really can't go wrong. the two stand alone cottages are terrific. not all have AC, we didn't...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank danny_swed
Dan & Megan..

Thank you for the great review!!
From the first phone call to the final goodbye at Coral Cove, it was all good!
It is always a leap of faith for a couple to invite family and friends for a week to a location that you have no previous experience with. You researched as best you could without making a physical visit. Thank you for deciding on us!
It was great working with you both, and your guests were phenomenal.
Everyone kept commenting on how wonderful the staff was. Well it is true that you get back what you put out. There was so much consideration and respect shown by you and your guests that the week was a pleasurable experience for all involved.
You now have a full understanding of my bias towards Coral Cove:)
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Bay
#2 of 3 in Little Bay
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
#7 of 85 in Negril

Been to Coral Cove Resort? Share your experiences!