“January Wedding to Remember”
Review of Coral Cove Resort

Coral Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Little Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 February 2007

Excellent choice for a wedding. Such a remote, quaint atmosphere. The bed and breakfast only has 12 rooms, so that adds so much to the intimacy and privacy. Everyone there took great care of us during our stay!
Isabelle our wedding coordinator was WONDERFUL top-notch, and surely not enough can be said about her or put into words. She had her finger on the pulse of our wedding from beginning to end and it was even more than we hoped it would be. What a special special lady!
Another VERY IMPORTANT choice for us was photographer/videographer. DMC VIDEO, Diana Campbell. Very special mention must be made of the beautiful job they did with our pictures and video. Must be seen to be believed. From the time and care they took to the time spent waiting for the "sunsetting sky to be just right". Who goes above and beyond like that???? Not many! A++++ to you all!
Also to Steve Zindars, the owner, who has such a capable staff hired and can remotely work and know that EVERYTHING is taken care of in Jamaica. Steve, the flowers were bee-yoo-tee-ful.
From the gardeners to the night watchmen, we made friends with them all. Another thing I must mention.......we went out of our room EVERY DAY without locking the door!!!!!!!! Amazing, the trustworthy individuals you have there. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, OUR LOVE TO ALL OF YOU! Our only regret is that we could not pay them more for all they did for us. We were broke from having such a blast!
We will never forget our time at Coral Cove and we WILL return!!! Robin and Alan xoxo

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thetates

Reviewed 15 January 2007

Coral Cove resort is a terrific place. The accomdations were excellent, the food and service was top notch. The atmosphere and the entertainment were the best I have had in many trips to the caribbean. The staff and the host are dedicated to your comfort. The location is very remote providing you the peace and tranquility on the beach that you desire. The resort has a very limited number of suites which insures a very personal and enjoyable visit. I highly recommend Coral Cove and I am planning my return visit.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2006

My new wife and I are extremely busy people. I believe that is what made Coral Cove the ideal place for our wedding celebration and Jamaican honeymoon. I’ll go point by point…

Planning the Event
When shopping around for a Jamaican resort to handle our special day, we sent out several emails, and Coral Cove was the quickest and most courteous to respond. We invited a handful of family and friends to celebrate with us (12 people). The wedding coordinator (Isabelle) and the Coral Cove staff were more than accommodating in handling all of the reservations. They also were able to do some fancy foot work when we had one more guest than we expected. Isabelle was very thorough in all communications with us several months prior to our stay. She expertly organized the entire ceremony that would prove to go off without a hitch. (More on that later) This was particularly important because as I mentioned, my fiancée and I were too busy to begin planning a single detail of a wedding. All we had to do was say yes and no to Isabelle’s suggestions and then write the check. (which was worth every penny and more!)
To list a few things that Isabelle was responsible for coordinating:
Decorations, Fresh cut flowers, All documentation for the marriage license, minister, photographer and videographer.

She was kind, personable, easy to talk to, and thourough, as was all the staff.

The Accomodations
Every room on the property has a unique layout and spectacular views. All the of the rooms are beautiful and very clean. When we first arrived, there was only one other couple staying on the property, and our room was adjacent to theirs. We decided to move to the other side of the property to give them and us privacy. We first stayed in the Doctor Bird. It is the highest room on the property and gives the best view of Little Bay. It has a nice cross breeze that keeps the room at a comfortable temperature. However it is also the smallest room, but it does have a private patio for candle lit dinners. We then stayed in the Momma Beach which is one of the larger rooms. This room had a living area, and a loft area that would be nice for kids.
These rooms tended to get a bit warm, and we kept the windows and doors open for a breeze. If you cannot take the heat, I suggest you stay in the Sailfish or the Bonita with air conditioning. There are not televisions or phones in the rooms, so you’ll have to find other ways to entertain yourselves. There are cd alarm clock radios in every room.

The Staff
Not much else you can ask for in a staff. Everyone was very attentive without being intrusive. Most people have worked there for years, and take a real pride in the resort. Everyone is super friendly, and don't be surprised if they began to feel more like friends and family by the end of your stay. We still keep in contact with the wonderful people we met!

The Food and Beverages
Delicious! Every bite. Generous meals were served three times daily at your convenience. The wonderful ladies in the kitchen had an impeccable sense of timing to know exactly when you would be ready to eat. There was no formal menu, so every meal was a surprise. Of course you could make requests, but half the fun was discovering each new flavor with every meal. They are very accommodating to special dietary needs, so don’t be afraid to speak up. I highly recommend anything Jerk, the conch soup, and pasta dishes. All of the food was prepared fresh daily, and tasted like it came out of a kitchen full of love. This was a big plus over the assembly line cooking that big resorts do.
In terms of beverages, every room was fully stocked with domestic and international beers, water, juices, and soda of your choice. There are also full bars on the premises with an unlimited supply of quality hard liquor. The freshly made pina colada is to die for. If there is a bar tender on duty, then they will be more than happy to make you anything you’d like, but if there are none at the bar, just make it yourself.

The Wedding Day
Everything went off without a hitch! We got just what we asked for and more. No pressure. We actually did a mini rehearsal about 3 hours before the ceremony. I could not believe how relaxed my fiancee and I were. We were swimming and snorkeling in the cove with our family and friends all morning prior to the event. The minister and photographers were well organized. We wrote our own vows, and the whole cermony lasted about 15 minutes. They had a sound system that we played music on. Perfect I'd say. The photography and video was done by Owen and his wife. They were very professional and fast. We had the wedding on Friday, and on Sunday afternoon, that brought us a fully edited video (dvd) and over 100 photos on disc. Their website is [--]

Other thoughts:
A hurricane was threatening to hit the day before we left. They actually closed the Montego bay airport. We did not care. We wanted any excuse to stay longer. Especially since we had trip insurance. (which I recommend)
The ride from the airport is about 2 hours. Its rocky but an enjoyable part of the adventure
Bring bug spray, and pack light. Seriously...pack light, and bring any leisure items you might enjoy like games, frisbee, dvds, cards, etc. Wear sturdy sneakers and sandals. It's rocky. If you are into big touristy environments, this is not the place for you. If you want to relax low key style, then this is the perfect place. We cannot say enough about this wonderful place, the phenomenal people we met, and the exceptional time we had with our family. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bdirden
Reviewed 10 December 2006

My husband and I chose Coral Cove Resort for the location of our November 2006 wedding. What a perfect choice! As my Dad's review says, we were treated like royalty. The staff and owners will go out of their way to make sure you have the most unforgettable experience. They went above and beyond for us and we truly appreciate all of their efforts.
We wanted to avoid the impersonal weddings offered by many large resorts. Coral Cove and their wedding planner let us customize our wedding and carried out our vision with enthusiasm and professionalism. We were able to have our guests book the entire resort plus another property close by and so we had a very intimate & personal reunion with our friends and family for a whole long weekend!
The gardens are beautiful, the food is delicious, the rooms are comfortable and well designed and the people are so warm and caring, they made us feel right at home! The setting is very unique - there are acres of gardens, a beach on a private cove full of interesting coral, pathways leading to decks on the coral cliffs, the gazebo (great for romantic dinners) and everywhere are hidden hammocks and great spots to enjoy. The sunsets are perfect! Many of us are already planning on a return visit (or a few!)
If you are considering planning your wedding at Coral Cove, I would be happy to give you my personal referral. If you want to have a unique and unforgettable experience, this is it!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank TahoeTragert
Reviewed 20 November 2006

We stayed at Coral Cove Resort for my daughter's wedding. There were about 35 guests, some of whom stayed nearby. We were treated like royalty. The staff is exceedingly friendly and anxious to please, in which they were very successful. The setting is on the coast in a remote area about 30 minutes from Negril. All the food was great. We had a combination of island and American food. The Jerk Chicken was the best I had ever tasted. They handled the wedding very professionally and all the contractors they recommended were superb (photographer, florist, band, etc.). Ask them to arrange for Alves (The King), a local champion, to teach you Jamaican Dominoes. It gets exciting. The water is warm and the snorkeling enjoyable, with colorful coral and numerous species of fish. Snorkeling equipment is available at no cost. They can arrange a local fishing trip (at extra cost). We ate the tuna the same night. Meals and snacks are served family style on a veranda. The food is very good and plentiful. Everything is included in the price, even the liquor. Most all inclusive resorts only include local barstock. At the Tiki Hut bar at Coral Cove, both local and Internationally recognized liquors are included. They have the best Pina Coladas, made with freshly sliced pineapple. The sunsets are to die for. Bring some stout sandals. As the name implies, there is coral around. Some of us are already planning a reunion there.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank Aerobob1
Reviewed 15 October 2006

We were looking for the perfect place to renew our wedding vows and we found it at Coral Cove! The location, the staff, the rooms, the food - everything exceeded our expectations. I have to admit that during the last 15 minutes of the ride there I had some doubts - the road is an experience in itself - but when we drove through the gates of the property, it was like we were transported to another world! There is a peace and charm that simply envelopes you. The waves crashing on the rocks, the crisp line-dried sheets and towels, the wonderful food, constant breezes, beautiful flowers, I could go on and on.
Our ceremony itself was coordinated by Isabelle, of Weddings By Isabelle, arranged through the inn. She did a wonderful job and gave me exactly what I asked for - her warmth and caring is yet another reflection of the inn. She even arranged for Diana Campbell of Digital Memories Collection to photograph and video the ceremony, so we came home with tons of pics.
I couldn't have hoped to find a more perfect place and group of people to celebrate such an important event with! Both my husband and I had tears in our eyes when we left to come home, but we're already planning a return trip!
I'd be more than happy to answer any questions! Debs2nd@Comcast.net - just e-mail me!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank djda
Reviewed 3 October 2006

It's amazing to me that I didn't find a way to write a smashing review when I came home...I suppose I was just too depressed from leaving my personal paradise. Coral Cove was intended to be my wedding site. But, I did some soul searching and found things were not meant to be. My close family and I had already reserved part of the resort for the week and decided to make a vacation of it. I have been to Jamaica before, mind you. But THE COVE is really Jamaica! The sea air, the smells and waves crashing...even the rooster cockadoodling next door could be anywhere in Jamaica. It is the PEOPLE of the Cove that make it so special. Ritchie is always there with a smile (though he is worked far beyond the US typical 8hr day) where 'no problem' really isn't a problem. Miss Jean and all the ladies in the kitchen are phenomenal as is the food. Donald handed me one Red Stripe after another and filled my three year old daughters' belly with freshly made juices daily. He also introduced us to Georgie who took us on a voyage overseas to Negril. Georgie napped in the boat on the rough seas as a storm approached while I had to have my ONE drink on the cliffs watching the jumpers! It has become my life mission from this point forward to make it to the Cove yearly as my pockets allow. My heart aches for its' peace and comfort. Even my daughter, who was JUST three at the time, remembers Jamaica fondly and asks for 'Ronald McDonald' by name and when we can return to see him! Don't go here if you want flash and tourist "fluff.' Go here for the REAL Jamaica and allow its people to show you how they entertain guests.
Betsy Kurtz, Baltimore, MD

#3 of 4 in Little Bay
Great Huts
Great Huts
#1 of 29 in Port Antonio

Been to Coral Cove Resort? Share your experiences!