“Surf fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Surf fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Our two boys (9 and 7) had a lesson with simon -having barely been in the sea before let alone on a surf board. They loved it and bot were standing up within 20 minutes. I helped and my only regret is that I didn't have a lesson too.

Simon was friendly and great with the boys and we would have done another morning if we hadn't been leaving next day.

Thoroughly recommend them.

Visited December 2013

Whangarei, New Zealand
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Simply could not be more impressed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Title says it all really. Boyfriend and I had a lesson this morning and it was an amazing experience. I am/was a COMPLETE beginner and my boyfriend had surfed once. We were lucky to be the only ones booked in so had the time all to ourselves. Seb was our instructor and he was awesome! Seemed like he genuinely cared about us being able to stand up and get the technique down. Every time I caught a wave he had something constructive to say to help me improve for the next time. We ended up staying out for almost 4 hours!! LOVED IT. We will most probably be back this summer.

Visited December 2013
Whangarei, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Standup paddle boarding a must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Visit Tutukaka Surf Experience and get standup paddle boarding today.

As a complete novice I was up and paddling within seconds. My boyfriend had a few wobbles, but Mal guided him through the know hows and we were off.
As we went out and around Tutukaka harbour, I could not stop being amazed at, 1) how easy this is to do and 2) the stunning surroundings.
We even got to see blue penguin and a beautiul stingray(me from a distance)
I am not wait to do this again and again

Thank you so much Mal.

Visited October 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surfing north of Auckland with a family mix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Tutukaka surf shop has got the most delightful helpful staff and instructors. They simply wanted to do anything to ensure we had a good time. We went back on 7 different days spread over 2 weeks and it was consistently good. Rental gear good. The actual surf instructors (particularly Simon Egginton, Hannah and Joel) were excellent with both our teenagers, younger one and we adults.

Visited April 2012