“Redefining Relaxation”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Seririt
Singapore
“Redefining Relaxation”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

While this is not a 5 star resort in terms of facility, it more than makes up for in VALUE and SERVICE. And let's face it, these are the most important factors in a vacation.

My friend and I decided to get away from the craziness of our resident Singapore and head to Bali. I am American, she is British. We decided to stay a few days in Ubud then go to Zen Resort.

Every part of the booking process was smooth. Zen picked us up in Ubud and the 3.5-hr drive began. It was not a very comfortable vehicle but driver was nice and we saw some amazing views. When we got to the resort, not 30 minutes passed before we were both being pampered with an outdoor sunset massage followed by a bath in a TUB of flowers. I mean millions of frangipani petals with hot water that you are bathing in. And all of the treatments are like this. The whole experience is reminiscent of how you picture princesses being treated in ancient rome. Your schedule is pretty much booked every hour of the day with Yoga, Massages, Facials, Meditation, and "Free Time" which you just spend lounging by the pool or in your very airy, teak house. The meals are light and healthy with meat or vegetarian options.

But the best part is truly the service. I think the staff are taught to remember all guests by name because everywhere you go, the staff ALL seem to know who you are which makes you feel very special. You really feel like it's a luxury experience in this sense. Plus you only ever see about 10 other guests around max so you kind of get to know them too. For this type of service I was expecting to pay a lot more than I actually did, so Value is a 10 out of 5. All Ayurveda treatments are done by 2 people (which equals 4 hands for a massage - yes please).

The only thing I will say is if you have specific skin issues, they probably won't be equipped to handle those from a western medical perspective (like psoraiasis or acne). The staff are not dermatologists and massage is definitely their focus. (they are amazing at it). It's all Ayurveda medicine and most treatments include heavy coconut oil. Staff do take very careful measures to find out your comfort levels and everyone abides by then. Facials do not include extractions or suction. Products are completely natural but in general treatments probably do better on dry skin types vs oily/sensitive.

Bali is the kind of place where you go somewhere and usually say "yep ok we did that". But Zen was such a good experience we are actually talking about going back for Christmas with our partners. It was a real getaway and the bill ended up being way LESS than we thought it would be. How often does that happen?!

Room Tip: You can specify Sunrise room or Sunset room when you book. I recommend Sunset room!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My experience at Zenresort Bali has been exceptional and exceeded all expectations, to say the least. Right from the word go, I have been pampered by the team at the resort. It all started off with my interaction with the manager at the reception 'Budiani'. She helped me with pull together a custom package and had a no-fuss, no-hassle booking all organised in a jiffy. The experience at resort spa was something else. I marvel the meticulousness of the therapists (Ilu and Lili) and the care factor that they put in, into the treatment every single time. The treatments are a delight (must add that it was many times better than the actual treatments at Kerela) and I am sure that it will be difficult for me to enjoy massages, anywhere else now :) What wowed me most was that the entire team at the resort was bent upon ensuring that I have the best time ever(and its paid off)!!! The staff was more than willing to accommodate to changes requested and did that always with a 'smile' and delight. This added to my entire experience of Bali. I could not have been more happy visiting Bali and this resort would be the default accommodation, whenever I visit this place next.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

What can I say about Zen Resort except that it was the most perfect experience in every way.
From the moment you arrive the specialness begins. The staff are beautiful loving souls, everyone knows and uses your name, the location is exquisite ~ tranquil, beautiful and Zen ! Excellent food and exquisite rooms. The meditation, yoga and oh so very nurturing massage and treatments. Nothing like you will experience anywhere else in Bali
For treatments ask for the beautiful Ardani, her skill, connection and healing touch is truly superb and honouring. I feel blessed to have stayed and experienced the love that is Zen.

Room Tip: Sunrise Rooms are amazing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tracie T
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Beautiful gardens and pool with a fine outlook - lovely dining area - staff really helpful and attentive - we could just relax and be pampered - a beautiful place to spend a few days. The local school put on a special Balinese dance show for us - this was so lovely!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I needed some downtime and found this resort through google. I had high expectations based on TA reviews, however the team at Zen Resort and Spa managed to deliver even greater experience I imagined was possible. I chose the 3N/4D package as wasn't sure this would be for me as I do not usually do yoga or meditate. I will certainly return for a longer stay! Let me start with the beautiful resort, beautiful and genuine staff - from Putu the driver who picked me up from the airport to reception staff, amazing therapists at the spa and attentive restaurant staff including the school kids gaining work experience. I have also met very nice and friendly people/ guests at the resort who like myself enjoyed their stay. The Spa therapists are simply Amazing, they have delivered a great experience as each treatment is an experience in itself! I will certainly come back and stay longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bosh M
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Magical place. Incredible staff. Totally revitalizing. Serene. I plan to now go every year. Absolutely amazing. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to shower love on themselves, recharge, find more life balance and peace. The environment is soothing to the soul. The staff are beautiful souls. The massage therapists truly talented. It is a magical place.

• Stayed April 2014
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I enjoyed very much my stay at this quiet place... except from praying and animal sounds there was not much ;)

pool is perfect, also the service there,
also the food was well prepared, healthy and fresh, treatments were nice and the staff always friendly and helpful,
the only thing, walls of the rooms are rather thin, if there is somebody besides you hear almost every word, but I head only one night neighbours.
what is a bit misleading, I searched for yoga retreat on the google and it appears in the results quite popular, for me the focus was more on Ayuveda and treatments, Yoga was more additional, like one hour in the morning (+1 hour mediation in the evening).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seririt
The Damai
#1 of 4 in West Bali National Park
Mayo Resort
Mayo Resort
#2 of 2 in Seririt

Been to Zen Resort Bali? Share your experiences!