“The Zen Retreat”
Review of Zen Resort Bali

Zen Resort Bali
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Seririt
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I love the Zen Retreat , every thing about it is fantastic , I can't fault it .. My favorite thing is doing Mindfulness at the Zen retreat . The staff , the rooms can not be faulted .. A gorgeous setting .
I am returning soon x can't wait

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Champtaloup

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife, daughter and I stayed at Zen for four nights as part of our 3 week Bali tour. My wife and I were looking for places to stay that offered yoga and I was particularly interested in the diving as well. We were also looking to avoid the crowded southern coast line. Zen was perfect on all fronts. It has a lovely yoga zone which I also used for my first experience with a 1 hour meditation session. I might have to try that again! During my last diving session several years ago I was feeling a bit panicky as I decended and I did not enjoy the experience. Perhaps the yoga and meditation at Zen made the difference or perhaps it was Zen's relaxed dive masters or both, but I really enjoyed the diving. I felt very relaxed which greatly improved my breathing and the overall enjoyment and the underwater world was excellent.
Our sunrise room was great with magical sunrise's everyday. My only complaint is that the room did not have ceiling fans - only air conditioning which we do not like as much. We ended up sleeping with the A/C off but it was hot.
The food was very good but it was the most expensive out of all the places we stayed at. We walked into town one day (about a 45 min walk) and found one road side side restaurant that was very good value but the walk left us exhausted and hot.
Overall we very much enjoyed the time at Zen and we really missed sitting by the pool at the end of our action packed days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nice experience in Zen Resort I took this opportunity to improve myself from energetic and wellbeing point of view!
Don't miss the sunrise unbelievable experience!!!
Yoga and meditation is a must and the restaurant too but first understand yourself through the ayurvedic consultation with Vijay to optimize the benefits from this olistic experience!!!
Namasté!

Federico

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FCanessa
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I came with no expectations, I just wanted to have a rest. I can not even describe what I got, no words come close enough to describe this amazing stay at this heavenly resort! As from the moment you enter the resort the magic happens, the flowers, the smells, the warm welcome,…
This was the most intense week I have ever experienced. Not only the hands of the therapists at the Spa made me feel in heaven, it was the overall experience that did the trick.
The garden with the sanctuary where you can see the sunrise after you heard the birds waking up in the forest, the swimming pool with the view on the ocean and the forest, dinner under the stars at night, fresh flowers on the terrace of the rooms and in the rooms everyday,… What more can you wish for?!
I was totally zen when I headed back home, ready to go back to our live after an amazing experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

At Zen Resort, I chose to go with their Diving Facility that came highly recommended by a friend who had been diving with them before. And, I only have the best things to stay.

For starters, my Diving Instructor was a lovely young lady named Deepa (who again came highly recommended by my friend).

Diving with Deepa was one of the most comforting and thrilling experiences for a non-swimmer like me. She was highly efficient, pleasant, thorough and very very professional. From instructions about safety, to explanations about life under-water, Deepa scored a perfect 10 for hand-holding and cushioning me through the dive.

She steered me underwater, recorded & clicked my most exhilarating moments in-the-blue and also obliged me with a selfie :) She had it all in control with various little things that made the Big Difference. Thanks D. I'm definitely coming back.

Room Tip: When Diving with Zen Resorts ask for Deepa as your instructor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have just had an amazing 5 days at Zen Resort.
The tranquil atmosphere along with the fantastic staff make for the most relaxing, reinvigorating time.
I cannot commend the resort and spa staff enough, from the time you arrive to the time you leave you feel like you have been welcomed into their family.
The rooms and facilities are beautiful and although the noise from room to room does travel quite easily, most guests are mindful of this and are there for the same reason - to relax.
The spa treatments are wonderful, the morning yoga sessions are a great way to start the day and the meditation is refreshing.
After time at Zen you can't help but feel like you have been cleansed mind, body and soul.
Thank you for an experience I will never forget and I look forward to my next visit - and I assure you there will be a next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers stayed at Zen for a week in July and really enjoyed the whole experience. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful with views out over the farmland below. The resort is a 3 hour drive from the airport but it is a lovely scenic drive and there are some nice places to stop on the way for coffee or a meal (which we did on the way back). We had booked a package which included the 4 of us getting our open water dive certification. There is a PADI dive centre on site which is great and we went to Menjangan Island on 2 days to complete our open water dives. It was a 1 1/2 hour drive to the boat departure point for Menjangan but there are many great dives sites there and we were amazed at the variety of colourful underwater life. We even saw a green turtle on our very first dive. Our instructor Deepa was very professional and very patient with those of us who needed more encouragement than others. After completing the course we had a relaxation day at the resort and tried out some of the treatments at the spa which were wonderful. Service was great, the food is healthy and fresh, rooms lovely. The nearby town of Lovina has shops and restaurants and quite a nice beach with black sand. Just one negative point which was the lack of seat belts in the transport vehicle we used for the diving which did concern me as it was quite a long drive. Having previously stayed in the south of Bali it was a refreshing change to stay in such a beautiful and peaceful location and we would all recommend this place.

Room Tip: There are only 14 rooms in the resort, 7 sunrise villas and 7 sunset villas. I think all would be e...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SullivansGoExploring
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seririt
The Damai
Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa
The Lovina
The Lovina
#2 of 26 in Lovina Beach

Been to Zen Resort Bali? Share your experiences!