“Mr”
Review of The Old Post Inn

The Old Post Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Bonvilston
Cuisines: British
Description: The Old Post offers an amazing new menu that comprises of a daytime and evening 1, 2, or 3 course set menu. Bring the family, bring your friends and even bring your dog!! We have a large dining area, large car park, children's play area and a comfy lounge area for your loyal companions.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A regular stop for me on a Friday afternoon, good food with a relaxed pub feel, staff really friendly and a decent menu that’s really reasonably priced.
Worth a visit !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Firstly, this is a really nice little place. I can't understand why it is so quiet in there all the time. It's lovely inside and out. The staff are also really nice so it does deserve more custom. Anyway, we had a couple of burgers, all good, the chicken burger was really tasty. We had a bowl of sharing churros for dessert. The top one was really hot, didn't really seem cooked, so not sure how they are cooked, but it was hot and gooey so all good. The others were just pretty much cold and really did seem very undercooked. There is a caramel centre, but again this was cold. I only ate one, because the texture wasn't right for me, the inside as mentioned, was cold and it wasn't cooked, it was also very white, and not the golden crispy brown that a Churro should be. So, 4 stars today, because I still like you, I just won't order the churros again. I'd maybe look at the best ways to cook these to make them crispy, tasty and delicious, or maybe get them off the menu, because tonight's efforts with them didn't work, and that's a shame because I was really looking forward to eating them.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Found this pub on our way back home to Swansea after visiting Barry Island, and what can i say food and staff were amazing! I ordered the steak and asked for it blue , not many places do this to perfection but this pub did! best steak i have had for a good while and the kids loved their food too (bouns for me 2 picky eater's ) and was kept entertained with their kids wordsearch on their menus . We loved it here so much we came back father's day for a Sunday lunch and the dinner didn't dissapoint either very very tasty and again staff were outstanding and friendly. Definitely worth the 40 min drive just for he food and service . Be back very soon. My new favourite place to eat .

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We were a family of 6 adults. Booked our table which was ready when we arrived. A Brains menu so we thought we knew what we would get. How wrong we were. All meals were piping hot and a good size. My son always has the chicken stack burger and he could not get over the juicy chicken which in other venues is over cooked. A generous portion of scampi and ham. My lasagne was very tasty with a wonderful cheese on top. The desserts were also more tasty than most Brains pubs. The panacotta was delicious with just the right amount of toppings. My dad had the tropical sundae and he said it’s the best he has tasted. The service was excellent and even though we were told the wait would be 40 mins it was a lot shorter and we didn’t mind as the food was freshly cooked and plated beautifully. Both the staff and the manager deserve a mention as they make this place a definite to stop at when next going to Cardiff.

2  Thank oatrih
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Always stop here on the way home from holiday. Menu varied and there are usually deals. The food is freshly cooked and well presented. No exception this time. Perfect stop for a good meal.