“A place to relax.”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Campeche
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A place to relax.”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Spend four days At Hotel Del mar around Christmas night 2012.
This is a modern hotel. Modern in Mexican therms.
Del mar is perfect located for a short stay in Campeche.
The hotel has a nice pool - and is in walking distance to centro historica.
Breakfast buffet is a incl in the rate.
The hotels great view over the bay is the major reason for picking this hotel.
The beds are great and big - and the bathroom is clean and functionel.
The rooms private Balcon is a great sunspot.
And because Campeche dont have a beach close to town - I would recommmend this hotel as a vacation spot for Campeche. The sunset it worldclass remember that to have drink in reach- you find icecubes in the friege close to the elevator. Enjoy.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank viking0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Mumbai
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a night in our Mayan trail from palenque to uxmah. The location is a big positive- bang opposite the gulf of mexico and right in the city centre. Both the rooms had a sea view. The rooms were quite spacious with a verandah looking out at the gulf. The rooms were neat and clean and so were the toilets. The check in was smooth and the staff was courteous. The staff in the restaurant went out of the way to dish up a special vegetarian meal for us and the breakfast spread was good too. Wifi was free and good connections. Though the room faced the main road, it wasn't noisy at all. We could just walk to the town centre. It was a quaint town with colonial architecture. Apparently it was a UNESCO world heritage town. Our stay was very comfortable.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
juliop01, Director Comercial at Gamma Campeche Malecon, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear Sir:

Thank you for opinions, It was a pleasure to have you here with us, we hope you will stay with us again.

My best regards
vancouver
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I arrived for a 3 night business trip. I found this hotel very safe for a woman on her own. Low rise building so not alone high in the sky - felt safe. The hotel seemed brand new and in a good part of town. The room was large and comfortable. I had a sea view which was nice. I am a Vegan so found the breakfast lacking in catering for Vegan however they did have good fruit selection which was fine. I didn't get to the pool however looked clean and looked after. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and found the staff friendly and accommodating. People in this area don't speak much English so be prepared for that. I found my stay to be excellent and would return for sure. Easy walking to Centro area which is very interesting and clean. Everything was very good at this hotel and in Campeche itself. Highly recommend. Note: if Best Western did this type of upgrade to all their hotels they would have me as a customer more often - this was a nice surprise after a long trip.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor of this low rise building. When traveling I like to keep fit by taking the...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
juliop01, Director Comercial at Gamma Campeche Malecon, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Thank you for your comments We hope to have you here back soon
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is a huge hotel and is a pretty boring place to stay in. It has very little charm and offers no personal experience. This said, the rooms are large, beds are good and they have a large balcony with great view of the ocean and the pool. The pool is large and the whole hotel is clean. It is a few minutes walk to the old town and there is free parking.

The buffet breakfast is rather expensive and not that good. The hotel claims to have a gym in its description (there is even a picture!) but there is no gym.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Buskachi
Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel had a foul smell to it, the rooms are ok. The staff is very helpful and very good wifi. The city is beauiful and very coloinal. I would not recommend staying for more then a few days.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dougzihua
honolulu
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Campeche is a beautiful city. However there is not a whole lot to do. It is not full of life like most other central Mexico cities I love.
This hotel is very large and on the water with some water views. Location is close to the historic city. The positives end there. It is ok for a place to sleep but very uninspiring. The front desk was uniquely unhelpful. There is an old hotel smell inside.
I feel there would be much better options inside the historic district.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank aturkinnola
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel, and it was OK, but I plan to go back to Campeche repeatedly (as I work on developing visitcampeche.com) in the future and hoping to find a much better hotel (besides the pricy Hotel Puerta)

Chose this hotel for 1 reason - my princess tendency is I can't sleep with loud A/C units. After checking hotel pictures and finding no hotels with mini splits (which are usually quieter than the large window units), I chose the Del Mar because it had central A/C. Big mistake! It was like there was an ancient truck in the room with me! Luckily, Campeche is on the gulf and there was a breeze - so I just opened the screenless sliding door.

And, my room reeked of cigarette. Which, I understand because no one ever pays attention to "No Smoking" signs - but I could smell cigarette wafting from under the adjoining door to the next room. I wonder if they could possibly have a non-smoking room adjoining a smoking room? That would be stupid.

The other strange thing. When I checked in, there was a lot of hesistation at the front desk - which lead me to believe my reservation was not in the system. I was asked to show my confirmation, as if there was no reservation. It took a good 10 minutes of clicking and tapping before I was told I had to check in on the 3rd floor for executives. When I got to the 3rd floor, another group was being checked in - causing another wait. If I'm supposedly an executive, why not treat me like one and check me in immediately, instead of causing concern that my reservation was lost, and making me wait 15 minutes? Sometimes this attempt to make a guest feel important is just pretentious and silly.

The location is good, but would be better if construction on the sea gate wasnt being done; you have to walk all the way around to get toward the main square and centro historico. Obviously, the hotel has no control over this. And, proximity to the gulf does insure the breeze.

Otherwise, it was fine.

Room Tip: ask for an sea view - in a non-smoking room adjoing a non-smoking room unless you smoke.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo