Another great choice from my fellow travellers. My first trip to historic Campeche, this hotel served Rod and I well. I got a great room at a good price with a killer view. Rod got special parking out front where the doormen could watch him for me. Treated very well at the front desk, even though after 3 days on the road on a motorcycle I was really starting to look rough and being old man grumpy. Checked out my room first, which was very clean and well appointed with tile throughout. Good flat screen TV with 2 gringo channels, nice work area with great wifi ( no charge), lots of plugs and a great bathroom with lots of hot water and pressure ... along with the phone, again. Hmmmmm. This was a very nice, comfortable room. Two queen beds, both very comfortable. A/C unit worked like a charm.The business center was just down the hall and had a good selection of fast enough computers. Out back were two great pools in a well manicured by somewhat bare green space. The breakfast in the morning was excellent, although not included in the price of admission. This is a hotel that caters to the business traveller - which can be big and lacking in personality. They also tend to be more private and open to all kinds of travellers. The deciding factor is usually the staff and all were very friendly, helpful and of great service. Campeche is a very old and historic city, with a modern strip along the Gulf. This hotel sits right between the two distinct zones - a 3 min walk to the walled ancient city, a 2 min walk to the stroll along the seawall and modern restaurants. There was so much to see in this beautiful place, I would highly recommend renting a car and just touring - beautiful roads along the water, crazy chaos in the city itself. A history buff's town for sure. And this hotel was a perfect base to start your tour from.
As always I shot video of this hotel @
location @ googlemap @ www.yolotraveller.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern and great location at the seaside, waterfront, just one block from historical downtown, comfortable and spacious rooms, with balcony, coffee shop with international and local cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gamma Campeche Malecon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Del Mar Hotel Campeche
- Best Western Campeche
- Best Western Hotel Campeche