All reviews mopan river mot mots hidden paradise lovely woman mission group mayan ruins open air dining thatched cabanas friendly dogs enjoy nature six nights belize airport off the beaten path horseback riding own bathroom guatemalan border no air conditioning
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my downtime here at Clarissa Falls. Chena is a wonderful & caring host. She made me feel at home. Chena organized a last minute horseback riding afternoon & a trip to Tikal for me. She offers lots of food options, all are delicious. You simply can’t go wrong staying at Clarissa Falls if you’re looking welcoming hospitality & to enjoy nature.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Amazing place to relax a little bit if you have time. Unfortunately we did´t have enough time to stay more days. The place is so beautiful that it deserve a long stay. The owners are so nice!!! They are really helpfull and talkative, you can spend hours there with them.
They have hammocks around the resort, so it is so relaxing hearing the waterfalls and the birds!!

Room Tip: This is not a Hotel, is a resort without pretentious. They have nice cabins but don´t go if you are looking for luxury cabins.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2018

This was not our first stay at Clarissa Falls and we hope it will not be our last! Chena, Linda and staff were as always incredibly helpful and friendly. Hiking to Xunantunich was great fun with lots of birds along the way, and the birding on the grounds was even better than our last visit. Food was delicious, our room very comfortable, and hammocks good for relaxing. Chena will make sure your stay is exactly the way you want it to be because she is truly interested in each and every visitor.

Room Tip: All cabins are lovely, we prefer the ones by the river. Wi-Fi in dining area.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Our mission group of 16 loved our 6-night stay there. This is more of a family ranch than a hotel, really, but still so relaxing! The food was outstanding, with local menu lovingly prepared. Chena fixed huge, delicious and nutritious meals for us and treated us like family, complete with a big hug every morning. What a sweetie! (And what a WEALTH of encyclopedia-like information about all the local flora and fauna!) The coffee blew Starbucks away, her shakes were amazing, and the fruit...wow, I miss Chena's breakfasts--and hugs! Actually, all the staff were so sweet and accommodating. There is free wifi in the dining room, but they can't compare with the hammocks in the room--perfect for chilling after meals. The cabins definitely are more than a tad on the rustic side, no RitzCarlton, but that makes it interesting! The cabins have thatched roofs, no AC but 2 noisy fans and barebones lighting, temperamental hot showers, etc., but nothing that is really a problem. The sounds of nature surrounded us 24/7, from the waterfalls to the peacock and ducks that woke us up every morning. The rustically landscaped grounds teem with animals (from kinkajuo to iguanas to parrots to the family dogs and barnyard birds), and the place is a photographer's dream even if the falls are actually barely rapids. They are still beautiful and so calming. The mornings tend to be blanketed in fog, and the nights are clear and full of stars. The hotel is conveniently located for visiting the Mayan ruins nearby. Absolutely loved our stay there and can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We had spent the day at Xunantunich and were on our way back when we saw the sign for Clarissa Falls. The host of our b&b Nina had recommended we stop in for a meal and we did. Big parking lot, then we walked down to see the falls. Being from Canada they weren't really what I think of when you say falls, really more just rapids, but still very nice to look at. Then we went to the restaurant where I got a club sandwich and a chocolate shake which was very good and my friend had rice and beans and chicken- the chicken was excellent, I had some, and we were full. The service was good, the lady was very nice, and the dogs were friendly. Having one sit next to me while I ate reminded me of my dog at home. The prices were very reasonable. We took a quick look at the little cabins and it was a nice set-up with some appealing landscaping done. I recommend stopping in here for a meal and nice walk by the falls if you happen to be in the area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends