“Outstanding B&B for New Forest”
Review of Oakside B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holton Heath
Oakside B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Holton Heath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Very warm welcome from Ruth and Mark. The bedroom was ensiute and was done to a very high standard. The breakfast was substantial and very tasty. The owners were attentive but not intrusive. The location was ideal for visiting the southcoast/Dorset/New Forest area.
All together an outsatnding B&B. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Putney_Boy1951

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I needed a bed and breakfast place for one night in the vicinity of Wareham and I found this establishment by searching on Google maps. What a find it was!
Located a couple of miles outside of the town of Wareham and easy to find just off of the A351 this was a truly great B&B.
I arrived mid afternoon to be greeted by the husband and wife who own this quiet secluded property. I was treated to tea and some lovely home made cake.
My single room was exactly as shown on their web site being quiet small but totally suitable for a short stay and appropriate for the tarrif charged. The bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep.
The next morning I was treated to one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at a B&B. It was very generous in portions and beautifully presented.
I was made to feel very welcome here and treated extremely well.
So all in all I can unequivicably recommend this establishment for a great B&B stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Cameramankeith
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed here before a very important audition and was very happy with everything. My welcome to Oakside by Mark was amazing was offered a Cup of tea and a lovely piece of homemade cake. Me and Mum had a lovely chat with the owner Mark and then was shown to our room and I was very pleased with the room it was very clean and tidy, I was really impressed on how the room was presented very Modern and Clean.

Mark and Ruth should be very pleased with their B&B they have an amazing thing going, keep up the excellent work. Thanks Very Much :D

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Katie1233
Reviewed 16 October 2011

There is a nice B&B called Oakside and this is my reveiw. Not far away is a campsite which my auntie has a caravan. There is a pub down the road, the sandbanks are just a few minutes away. There is lots of wildlife and the food is delicious. We've been there once and we'll go again!...

Room Tip: There are three rooms one with a single bed with a TV, one with a double bed and a TV and one with a...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
markruthwarner, Owner at Oakside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Hello Jack, So nice to hear from one of our younger visitors. We're glad to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and so sorry to hear that you were unable to activate the TV in your room. All rooms have TVs and there are no problems with them. On a previous occasion in another guest room it was solved by simply turning it on and off again - digital TVs can be a bit like computers! Our policy to all our guests is; please do tell us of even your smallest need and we will do our best to solve it for you.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

If watching squirrels hopping along the fence or the rabbits chasing each other around
the field while having your breakfast does not appeal to you then this B&B is a no.
For us it was absolute heaven the Oakside is a wonderful place just set back down a small
lane... We were greeted by Ruth who on arrival sat us down and treated us to a cup of tea
and a piece of her delicious home made cake.
We stayed for 3 nights and i wish it could of been longer the breakfast is worth the journey
on its own.
All the major attractions are within 15-20 min drive and if you dont want to use the car
there is always the local pub 3 mins down the road ..The clay pipe is a modern but homely
pub which has a comprehensive menu.
Overall or stay was perfect ...The Oakside is an experiance we intend to repeat

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank johneo38
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I visited oakside with three friends, we were welcomed as soon as we arrived with a cup of tea and some local homemade cake. The owners were very friendly and so accomodating to our needs; in the evenings we were able to relax in the lounge, while the owners stayed in an annex in the garden, it was lovely to have this space. The breakfasts were amazing! They included homemade hot crossed buns! We felt well looked after and independent, which is a great combination! I would love to stay again, and would definitely recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank vixhug
Reviewed 19 August 2011

....but this may just be the best B&B you will ever stay in. We were made so welcome by Ruth and Mark! I have travelled all over the world and stayed at many of the best hotels; I have never received better or more attentive service. Location, room and facilities all excellent. We will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Twiga House Bed and Breakfast
Wareham Forest Lodge Retreat
Wareham Forest Lodge Retreat
#1 of 2 in Holton Heath

Been to Oakside B&B? Share your experiences!