Lucy and Tim made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Rosie was everything we were expecting. Tim has done a superb job on the restoration with lots of attention to detail. The breakfast was excellent being cooked to order from locally source products. Lucy's home made bread, jam and marmalade was some of the best we had tasted. A new little bonus was the tuck shop. All in all a delightful place to stay. Next time we like to try B & B in the 'Smithy'.
Linda & Peter
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Cranborne Chase, The Old Forge is the perfect retreat for those looking to appreciate the slower pace of life. The 18th Century former Carriage and Wheelwrights workshops have been transformed to create a charming Bed and Breakfast and a self-catering cottage with unique appeal. Constantly evolving, recent years have seen the introduction of Sam and Mabel the Shepherd's Huts and Rosie the 1934 Gypsy Caravan embracing the 'glamping' revolution. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Old Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Forge Hotel Compton Abbas
- The Old Forge Compton Abbas, Dorset, UK