We have just had our second two night stay in the green room at the Old Forge. It is a lovely place. Wonderfully retro in style - Lucy keeps a super house with brilliant home made cake with tea when we arrived, breakfast with local produce and their own free range eggs - Lucy also makes her own bread and marmalade - Tim is a great waiter! The room is beamed and with a brass bedstead and en-suite shower room and lovely old shabby chic painted furniture. Tim and Lucy are very welcoming and now feel like friends. Tim is seriously involved in classic cars, and if you arrive in one of those, as we did, you feel a bit like royalty. A great place to relax and see the beautiful countryside. Little touches like biscuits with the great choice of tea in the room, and fresh milk and not that awful UHT stuff - in a little fridge on the landing - really do make a difference. Tim is always onto a new project, and loves being at home, and I do not blame him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Cranborne Chase, The Old Forge is the perfect retreat for those looking to appreciate the slower pace of life. The 18th Century former Carriage and Wheelwrights workshops have been transformed to create a charming Bed and Breakfast and two self-catering cottages with unique appeal. Constantly evolving, recent years have seen the introduction of Sam the Shepherd's Hut and Rosie the 1934 Gypsy Caravan embracing the 'glamping' revolution.Taste of the West 2012 gold award, and national award - the 'Old Favourites Award' from Alastair Sawdays 2013/14. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Old Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Forge Hotel Compton Abbas
- The Old Forge Compton Abbas, Dorset, UK