Our family stayed at the Old Forge to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday and between us stayed in two of the B&B rooms, Rosie the Gypsy Caravan and Sam the Shepherds Hut.
I slept in Sam which was a truly unique experience; no electricity but a lovely wood burning stove to keep us warm. Our hut was in a field with beautiful views and a very friendly donkey for a neighbour. My only slight disappointment was there were no biscuits in the hut as written about often in the guest-book but I'm sure if i had asked Lucy and Tim would have helped.
Tim and Lucy were lovely hosts who really went the extra mile to help my grandmother when she became ill. Their cooked breakfast full of local produce was delicious. The whole place is beautifully decorated and furnished and even the outbuildings are full of charm. A real hidden gem! Thanks for a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Cranborne Chase, The Old Forge is the perfect retreat for those looking to appreciate the slower pace of life. The 18th Century former Carriage and Wheelwrights workshops have been transformed to create a charming Bed and Breakfast and a self-catering cottage with unique appeal. Constantly evolving, recent years have seen the introduction of Sam and Mabel the Shepherd's Huts and Rosie the 1934 Gypsy Caravan embracing the 'glamping' revolution. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Forge Hotel Compton Abbas
- The Old Forge Compton Abbas, Dorset, UK