“Charming Pub with Decent Grub”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Took my dad there for his birthday. Charming old pub just like a pub should be.!! The meals were reasonably priced and huge portions. I had he 3 bean Chilli which was the best I have ever had...ever! Great selection of ales. I would drive out of my way to eat here again.

3  Thank Debbie M

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Just back from a visit to the Kings Arms. Went for a pint but the cosy fire enticed us to stay for lunch. The ideal local for us - good beer and cider, friendly barman,un improved pub with several small rooms and good basic pub grub at a reasonable price. Other locals in for lunch too. We will definitely visit again. Dawn L

2  Thank DawnL186233
Reviewed 22 October 2013

After a day doing activities on the water 13 of us went for a meal in this pub. The food was the standard pub meals, but they did manage to serve all of us at the same time. The portions were adequate and the price was pretty reasonable. There was a selection of real ales which was welcome. If I was in the area again I would probably go back again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Visited this establishment after an enjoayble day out on the Waverley, both being paid for by my 85 year old dad, We went in & ordered chish & fips straight away, if I'd had more time to look around I doubt we'd of eaten there. I have nothing against ol;die worldie quaint pubs, BUT how old was the accumulation of dead flies on the windowsill? Not much effort needed to vacuum them up. When the food arrived it was very poor quality & the portions weren't over generous & no "garnish2 to decorate the plate. We won't be returning.

3  Thank Doidy
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Very welcoming and good hearty and tasty food served in this pub. Surroundings a bit basic but you forget all that when the food arrives. Very reasonably priced as well, would go back again.

1  Thank Neil L