“Family Reunion” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fencehouses
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Family Reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked three rooms to accommodate my son and his wife and my daughter for a surprise for my wife who celebrated her 70th birthday one week previously.
Rooms were beautifully maintained containing everything one would want for an overnight stay.
Hotel is in the country and a car is desirable.
Ate in the restaurant in the evening. Wide menu catering for all tastes which satisfied the various requirements of the party. Food cooked to perfection being well presented and giving excellent value for money. Bar prices were surprisingly affordable.
An excellent and successful family reunion.

Room Tip: Ground floor opposite reception desk. Quiet and comfortable looking out over the countryside.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank doppa24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Newcastle Upon Tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night on a Groupon Deal. This is the second time we have stayed here and the staff are lovely.
They had a soul night in with a fab singer followed by disco
We stayed in room. 22 which was an Executive room and was fabulous!
Couldn't have asked for a better night!

1 Thank newcastleupontyneval
washingtonuk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the night with my wife, what a great night we had.the room was compact but did the job. It was steak night (thursday) 2 8oz steaks a salad covered with prawns,homemade chips a bottle of rose wine for only £22-50 fantastic value and it was lovely. The bar prices were very good too. Reading another review the manager must have sacked his staff as they were very pleasant and professional. The breakfast was very nice too. All in all a lovely nights stay.

1 Thank safc1
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We had booked this hotel via groupon deal and travelled with family for a short break. What a great find this place was. We really enjoyed it and the hotel and rooms were lovely. Room 25 was very large with beautiful views. Walls are thin and we could hear next doors tv and kids but all silent from 10pm until 7.30. Room service was quick and meals very nice. Wine and breakfast in with price made this a fab deal. Would return and also recommended. Dont be put off by the poor reviews, glad we weren't.

1 Thank shenda40
Sunderland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Sitting in my room with my wife right now after just eating, or shall I say leaving our romantic meal for 2.
tried ordering T bone steak sorry we haven't any...okay then can I have the Chilton mixed grill...The lady comes back sorry we haven't any steaks..ok so what do u have ..so she read out the specials, I ordered the chicken burger with peppers and salad, my wife ordered some chicken and rice dish, now can I say I'm no Gordon ramsay but both was absolutely disgusting. .don't order any specials from this place as it's obviously been cooked sometime last year and been nooked in a microwave. We did have starters and they were ok, can I just say that we are staying here and the room is fine and very clean...room 8...

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank garyrson
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went yesterday (27.07.14) for a Sunday lunch, just myself and my partner, arrived to empty glasses sitting on top of a radiator cover in the main hall way, brushed that off, then went to the bar to let staff know we had arrived for our reservation (not that that was important, as the place was deserted!) and waited a good 10 minutes before the bar server realised that she should probably stop chatting and come to acknowledge us. After the wait we were shown to our (dirty) table, where I actually made a point of picking up a dirty napkin from plain sight under our table whilst the server was there. Once I had ordered, the waitress came back to let me know that what I had ordered wasn't available, so I chose something else. Our food came out in dribs and drabs, nothing was together, so by the time the veg arrived, our meat etc, was cold. I asked three times for gravy, and received it about 10 minutes after our initial plate was set down... Horrendous service, which is a shame as the pub and its grounds are lovely in themselves.

Tip for the managers - GET NEW STAFF!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HonestHelen22
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Despite a small problem which has been rectified we really enjoyed our 2 night stay here.the breakfast very acceptable and both nights we ate in the restaurant.the food was excellent and very good value for money.
The staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jane1952
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fencehouses
Highfield Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 20 in Gateshead
Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel

Been to Chilton Country Pub and Hotel? Share your experiences!