“Good food and beer, unusual pub”
Review of Langdon Beck Hotel

Langdon Beck Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forest-in-Teesdale
Langdon Beck Hotel
Banstead, United Kingdom
“Good food and beer, unusual pub”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

There is a geology museum housed in its own room in the pub in memory of a previous landlord and the evening we visited there were some Irish musicians playing in the smallest bar. The food we ad was home made pie and a quiche, good portions at reasonable prices. The dining room is a little lacking in atmosphere and all the action takes place in the middle bar but would definately revsit

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LargelyMonk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here on my Pennine Way charity walk and found the staff really friendly. I arrived quite early after a fairly short day and enjoyed sitting in the bar having a drink while I waited for my room to be ready. It was a short but really peaceful stay and I hardly felt like I was in a hotel. I could gaze out from my room at people training their sheepdogs on the field below and I was delighted to discover that they had a bath with Radox (such a rarity!). The people seemed genuinely interested in my walk and provided a delicious packed lunch for a small charge. I left revived and refreshed so no complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Alston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Just average meal,could do a lot better,menu needs some more exciting meals added.
Must get a lot of tourists so some homecooked food would be nicer.
In a lovely location for walks etc.
Staff very polite and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012
beds
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have stayed here 3 times over the last 5 years or so, nothing has changed in that time, only the prices, it is getting very run down, but the price keeps going up, I stayed in the 5* Tower Hotel in London, for New year, for the same price, they need to put some of the money back into the hotel, Breakfast was big, but seemed to be made with cheaper ingredients than in the past, Its a shame, as this is a lovely spot,

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank lol2
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Spur of the moment decision to have lunch here after hiking along the river to Cauldron Snout. What a superb location and friendly people. We were warmly welcomed and and our order taken promptly. Beautiful sunny day so the four of us had lunch in the garden with Cronkley Fell in the background. Quality of food was excellent and the soup tasted delicious. We didn't want to leave. I can highly recommend this gem of a hotel for service, quality and situation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Sierra Nevada
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Although I only stayed here one night, I was walking the Pennine Way, it was very comfortable. Nice warm fire in the bar. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast in the morning. The view out my bedroom window was beautiful. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of five was due to the shared bathroom. It was nice and quiet no loud noises. If you want to watch TV, you will have to go somewhere else. They do have wifi. I loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks upon the back.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
bosham sussex
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Food pretty good and people very friendly. The room was pretty basic but ok. No television or radio. Lovely views and nice surroundings. Nice atmosphere in the bar. We had some lovely home made soup and it was nice to be offered small portions for main meals. Its a shame the weather was so bad. Could not believe they lit the log fire in July.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest-in-Teesdale
Brunswick House
Brunswick House
#2 of 3 in Middleton in Teesdale
Nent Hall Country House Hotel
The Forresters Hotel & Restaurant
The Forresters Hotel & Restauran...
#2 of 9 in Middleton in Teesdale
Old Coach House At The Golden Lion
Old Coach House At The Golden Li...
#1 of 2 in St. John's Chapel
YHA Langdon Beck
YHA Langdon Beck
#1 of 5 in Barnard Castle
Alston House
Alston House
#1 of 14 in Alston

Been to Langdon Beck Hotel? Share your experiences!