“A long overdue re-visit”
Review of Lucianos - CLOSED

Lucianos
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Hessle, Nr Hull
“A long overdue re-visit”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Due to mainly personal reasons, I have not been able to visit Lucianos for some considerable time, during which there have been personnel changes, if not a change of ownership.

Having some friends visit us and staying over, we thought that it would be nice to take them out somewhere quite local, and opted for Lucianos (as I love Italian food). It was a fairly early booking at about 7.00pm but is was surprisingly quiet and perhaps lacking some atmosphere that being busy brings to a place, rather that than some very noisy/loud singer/musician, who only stops people from having decent conversations whilst eating (this happened on my last visit ages ago).

As we had not seen these people for a while, we definitely preferred the quiet. The wine of our choice was not in stock, but the replacement (Pinot Grigio) was nicer than expected so did not disappoint. We skipped starters and went straight for the main course. I had my usual calzone, which, as ever was delicious. My wife had a chicken dish which she enjoyed, but our two guests had mussels, one served in a bed of pasta and the other on a risotto. I have to say that these two dishes looked outstanding and both guests tucked into this veritable mountain of mussels topped with giant prawns. Both said that it was the most incredible meal that they can remember, and ate every last morsel. The evening was finished off with choosing the deserts from the wonderful array on display in the cool cabinet. We all had something different and argued about whose was the best. In reality, they were all superb and each was the best in its own right. The quality of the food outweighed any lack of atmosphere, which really, we hardly noticed as we were making our own atmosphere.

I am looking forward to re-visiting again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank John B

“Regular haunt”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We regularly visit here for just coffee or a nice meal. The mains can be a bit pricey but there are always tasty specials and the Sunday menu is great value. Omg the puddings are to die for

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank fufu14
Hessle, United Kingdom
“A meal with the girls”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Came here with some work colleagues for a meal after work. Nice ambiance inside the restaurant, upkeeping the italian vibe by having what I'd call 'patio style' furniture throughout. Nice touch having the desserts on display! I ordered the steak with the brandy sauce - a little disappointing as I couldnt taste any brandy in the sauce, and I would have liked to have seen some more exotic mushrooms than the common closed cup ones. Chose the 'napoli mess' for dessert however it was a very heavy pudding - a friend got the mille foullie - looked a lot better and should have gone for that! Very friendly male waiter. Overall it was a nice meal at a decent price.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lauramhorne
sheffield
“Sunday evening meal”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We happened to pass by Luciano’s as we were in the middle of a bike ride.

We had a great time and glad we stopped by, me and my wife shared a antipasto platter, which was more than enough for both of us and had fresh ingredients imported from Italy.

For mains I had a fantastic mix seafood dish which was delish, the sauce was incredible and was even better when soaked up by the garlic bread which was provided.
My wife had a lasagna which she enjoyed.

The restaurant has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and the waitress was very friendly and efficient.

Wouldn’t hesitate in visiting again!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hinchys
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fresh and tasty”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Staying in a nearby hotel, we came across this little gem by chance. A very laid back vibe inside the cafe/deli. The food was freshly made and very authentic. I went for the Calzone rustica and wasn't disappointed. The other half tried the lasagne and was also suitably impressed. The desert cabinet looked amazing unfortunately I couldn't fit in anything else but a coffee. Great food, fair prices, friendly staff and atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

1 Thank JamesK1982