“Absolutely beautiful!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Weighton
Hull
“Absolutely beautiful!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We got married last weekend, everything was so organised. Staff were approachable & friendly. We both felt at ease & very relaxed!!! Both of our families, were very happy and loved how everything went so smoothly. The food was delicious & very tasty, can't fault anything at all.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Clip1985

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
HULL
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a groupon voucher for this Sunday lunch treat. we waited ten minutes at the reception waiting to be seated but people behind me were being asked if they were waiting to be seated and were seated first. We had booked for 3.pm but they had us down for 12 o clock. they did accommodate us and we ordered our food and half our later as we were eating our main were told that the pudding we both ordered was not available, so we ordered something we really would not have ordered as we would have had a starter instead had we known . I ordered and paid for a drink and asked for coffee for my wife. I also asked for the bill as I did not want to wait a further ten minutes at the reception. the bill arrived and on the bill were 2 desserts which had already been paid for, the drink I had already paid for but no mention of the coffee. I requested speaking to the manager, he was very apologetic and said they usually make no mistakes but I find this many mistakes hard to take. I will not be going to Rowly manor again as the staff were very polite and helpful, but they have no idea about communication between themselves.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robert O
Beverley
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We went with friends as part of a Groupon deal for Sunday lunch. There seemed to be a huge difference in portion size depending on menu choices. The melon starter was laughably tiny but soup and prawns ok. Those of our party who had beef enjoyed it and found the portions generous. Those who had fish fared less well.
When our bill came it was more than eleven pounds over what it should have been and we had to queue at the desk to discuss it. The worst part was that we were not believed before the waitresse's slip had been checked.
There are better places to go for lunch ,although the country house ambience is quite pleasant.
The place is clearly surviving on Groupon but won't do so for long unless they stop treating their Groupon clients as steerage .
No venue that attempts to overcharge is worth a further visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BeverleySueandJohn
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Voucher deal for 3 course evening meal, bed (four poster) and breakfast.
Lovely old manor house in matching countryside. we were given a warm reception and all the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The room (6) was large and comfortably furnished and with a great view from the window and balcony. Furniture a little tired in places but this was no real detriment as it added to the ambience of the place. Large bathroom and plenty of hot water. Down stairs in the bar and dining rooms was very pleasantly decorated and furnished. Glad to say the background music was not modern stuff but as it was D-day anniversary a little 'war time' music would have really made us feel we had gone back in time. The evening meal was very good and ditto the breakfast with plenty of choice for all palettes. The grounds were not pristine neatness, more English country garden that positively encouraged the wildlife and, if you fancied a game, there are a couple of croquet greens. Added bonus on the day of a classic car rally stopping off for afternoon tea so had a good look at a lot of old jags, mgs, triumphs etc.
This is definitely a 'must visit again' hotel.

Room Tip: Did not see any other rooms than no. 6 but heard that no. 1 was very large with large bathroom and o...
1 Thank Edwin P
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Set in beautiful countryside, complemented by an attentive and efficient staff, this hotel presents outstanding value. The Four Poster bedroom provided the ideal backdrop with outstanding views over the countryside. Particular thanks Amanda for adding to this idyllic sojourn.

East Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very good value stay,the Four Posters are great for a romantic stay. The three course meal in the restaurant was pleasant but not Michelin stared ,But not to be expected at the price. The staff are very pleasant and attentive. I would say give it a try. Only real down side is the condition of the driveway OK in daylight but a bit of an obstacle course in the dark. Make sure you book as the hotel does a lot of wedding functions.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a field view. avoid the rooms near the kitchen
1 Thank JCDurkin8
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Arrived this afternoon for afternoon tea - first impressions were bad. The state of the drive is dreadful; inside - the mismatched 'dinner service' with a stained tea cup rim didn't really start the experience off well. On to the food...selection of sandwiches was cream cheese, egg mayo and salmon - oo lovely smoked salmon almost synonymous with Afternoon tea you think?? Nope tinned salmon!! And with an added extra of bones, my mum goththe big bones whereas I had the smaller ones littered throughout the sparsely spread sandwich - I never knew salmon sandwiched could be crunchy! I pointed this out to the polite waitress who said she would check with 'chef' - came back and offered me more of any other sandwich, I asked for ham but apparently they don't have ham on their menu. So vegetarian options only it seems, and no I didn't ask for more boney sandwiches. I did try a second sandwich from the plate but also crunchy so pointed this out again. The manager came this time and I explained I had eaten bones, she herself said she had tried 2 but hers were fine, and also explained that there shouldn't be bones as they use tinned salmon (hardly something to br proud of really is it). Anyway was offered a banana????!!! To help clear my throat maybe but still bizarre! We quickly ate the small plain scones with what tasted like squirty cream and very small sponge cake - we then hastily left and came home for a chicken sandwich. Prosecco was lovely but still feel like I've wasted money and an afternoon though.

• Stayed June 2014
Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Hull
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby

Been to Rowley Manor Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!