“its withernsea not blackpool”

Withernsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 13 August 2014

bronze caravan was lovely ,clean and warm ,friendly staff from reception to security ,have a chat they always spare you the time ,enjoyed the swimming pool , entertainment very good ,the team are ace ,yes its a smaller place ,we like it here

Room Tip: our bronze caravan had heating which was needed as weather not great ,
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Withernsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I am very pleased that you liked the visit to our park. You are right, we are not the biggest park, but our team always try to offer a first class service to our guests. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

01964 612 189

Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The shower block floundered 3 times a toilet kept leaking from the side of it. The pool is tiny and freezing cold and your only aloud in For 40 minutes which you have to book. The food in the bar is overpriced garbage you get better food in frozen ready meals.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to our park. I will pass on your comments to the relevant teams.
As you will see from the reviews on TripAdvisor, we have many customers whose experience is different to yours so I can only apologise if we did not meet with your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

On arrival to our pitch, it was on a hill with lumps and bumps everywhere. Hardly any distance between pitches. It was raining when we arrived, which is fine, but our pitch was flooded due to the very uneven ground. The toilets were absolutely disgusting, as were the showers. I wouldnt of washed my dog in them. I would of come out of the shower dirtier than when I went in!! On complaining at the reception, I was told there was nothing that could be done untill the following morning. So after being all muddy from the flooded ,uneven pitch we couldnt even wash!! The following morning the toilets and showers where even worse. I complained again. This went on every day that we were there. Complain and nothing gets done. I know the mess is due to the people that use them, but they need to have a better turn around of the cleaning. We had to book in to go swimming so we could use the shower facilities! ! We were cleaning our teeth at the tent as we were gagging to much in the facilities. On our arrival there was blood on one toilet and the floor, and it was still there when we left a week later!! The staff in the arcade area are very rude and unwilling to help. One of the security men is one of the rudest people I have ever met.(the one that thinks he is Elvis!) On a brighter note the entertainment team are great and the bar staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your review of Withernsea Sands. I am very sorry to read your comments but please be assured we do take all comments, good and bad seriously and I will be speaking to the various teams that you have mentioned. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided by the entertainment and bar teams. Once again Thanks you for the review.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

we stayed for a week at the start of august with family, we had an electrical pitch located on the field with the zip wire, was an okay start to our holiday staff were okay, we got pitched up and had a little drive around withernsea. we found a little chipshop / cafe the lighthouse amazing food amazing prices!!!!

2nd night we had a few problems, there is no curfew so being opposite the zipwire there were kids there at all hours, security were phoned and moved them on but they just came back, maybe should consider locking it up of a night like the sports cage??

entertainers were fab, we only went to the club 2 nights but was a real laugh, really enjoyed the entertainers and made it worth while really.

pool and arcades - pool is quite small and not a lot of rooms to get changed, you have to book when you want to go swimming and is FREEZING!!!! staff were great in there too.
arcades were alot of fun just a shame the staff were rude and ignorant, didnt want to help you seemed too much trouble for them, they were awful!!

our 3rd day my friend put my little nephew on the zipwire and the fabric on the floor/platform was ripped causing her to trip and fall off the platform which then resulted in a trip to the local minor injuries. she had torn the ligaments in her foot because of falling and spent the remaining holiday on crutches which kinda took the fun out of camping.. be careful on the zipwire with the ripped platform!!

showers and toilets were okay but water would be cold one day hot the next, just your basic facilities, however once cleaner had been in the floors were drenched with no wet floor signs and on crutches it was horrible.

on a whole we enjoyed most parts of our trip staff were friendly and helpful, security responded to phone calls helped as much as they could, entertainment is really worth watching.

Room Tip: dont stay on park with zipwire if you have little kids gets noisier late!!
2  Thank Lucy D

Thank you for your detailed review of Withernsea Sands and the local area. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and as you have detailed, the team do their best to offer a very high level of customer care. I was surprised to read your comments regarding the swimming pool being cold, we operate our pool at a minimum of 29 degrees.
I have passed on your comments regarding the arcade team to their manager and where necessary, additional training will be given.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Excellent park and I have stayed at. Lot of park resorts. Would highly recommend for a family holiday excellent location, for activities and beach holidays. Clean tidy and accommodation excellent, team
Star excellent , and all facilitates highly well supervised . Would highly recommend .... Will be returning!

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Withernsea Sands Holiday Park. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have been to many park resorts sites and this has to be the worst ever , the toilets and showers were disgusting filthy and not nearly enough of them, on the bluebell touring area they are porta cabins and this was inadequate for the amount of campers and caravanners staying .. What on earth does that touring warden do ??? never in his office, saw him once around tea time driving around , complained to reception numerous times re the overall state of the facilities.
On arrival someone else was on our pitch as another family had taken theirs .. back to reception who gave us the choice of some others which we chose near the football pitch , large uneven plot but better than stuck in the middle of everyone else, entertainment team worked hard but our kids teenagers so had no interest, small pool but didn't use. bar and food area well used and reasonable prices. all in all disappointing but on a positive note weather great and nice walk on the seafront to the town.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

thank you for your review of Withernsea Sands Holiday Park. I am sorry that your stay did not meet with your expectations.

Withernsea Sands is a very popular park and we do get extremely busy at times.

I have passed on your comments to the team at the park and where we can, we will always look at ways to improve the experience of our guests. Thanks once again for your comments.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When arriving to book in told we had been upgraded to a silver caravan from a bronze which I thought was great but turned out to be disappointing! It hadn't been cleaned anywhere the table in dining room was grimy. Toilet was smelly, bugs everywhere. I did notice cleaners cleaning the caravans that were for sale though. Reception staff were okay. Pool staff were really nice but pool much too overcrowded, big blokes chucking kids around in such a small area,really stupid. Wouldn't go back.

1  Thank trever d

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you did not find the caravan cleanliness to your satisfaction. We do try really hard to ensure that our caravans are presented in a manner that usually exceed expectations. We ask guests, to report issues to our reception team, as they are always at hand to offer assistance. I am pleased that you found the service from the staff to be good. Should you wish to discuss any matters further, please do not hesitate to contact the park.

01964 612 189

Also consider these accommodations in or near Withernsea
Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Sand le Mere Holiday Village
Elm Tree Farm B & B
Elm Tree Farm B & B
#2 of 5 in Withernsea
Barmston Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Been to Withernsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!