“we always have a good time in here!”
Review of The Bengal Lancer

The Bengal Lancer
Ranked #8 of 29 Restaurants in Withernsea
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is our only restaurant for aproximately 15 miles and we never get bored of coming! There is no license so it is bring your own booze but the food is excellent and the staff are just lovely. They also do take away service to pick up or be delivered, and are open 7 days a week. Many a celebration for birthdays has been in this restaurant and we always have a great time...even some people do get a little rowdy the staff handle it brilliantly and have even put my friend who was on her hen night into a car and parcelled her off safely! They also do an all you can eat on a Sunday but I have not been to this yet.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Thank goodness this restaurant opened a few years ago! The choice of cuisine in Withernsea is dire, restricted to English Pub/Chinese/Fish&Chips/Pizza/Burgers and this is the only Indian restaurant in the area. The only other one is in Ottringham over a pub! But that is a great place too.
The family that opened The Lancer originally came from South London and have premises there too so they are not amateurs.
Being a Londoner myself, I pride myself on knowing a good 'Indian' and this is a good Indian. Now living in Holmpton we missed Indian food for four years before The Lancer arrived.
They provide authentic Asian recipes at very reasonable prices and I have never had a bad dish or experience there or in a takeaway. I have not tried the Sunday all you can eat buffet but have been a regular customer for their whole time here.
I would recommend the restaurant to any visitor or resident.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

We have been stopping on the withernsea sands site for about 20 weeks and go to the Bengal lancer every week and never had a bad take out. I usually don't have lamb but this was the best I have ever tasted. It's the best Indian I have ever eaten!!!! Thanx Bengal lancer ur amazing!!!!!! Bodge&bull

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Really good authentic food and excellent service, however i would avoid the Sunday buffet as this is very mild stuff and not enough choice, stick to the main menu and you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I am surprised that there aren’t more reviews about the Bengal Lancer Indian Restaurant in Withernsea. My wife and I made the difficult decision last year to move from the west coast (Morecambe) to the east coast (Hollym) last year, and one of the prerequisites of our “retirement home” was a decent local Indian Restaurant! The previous owner of the house that we bought introduced us to the Bengal Lancer, and since then we have had a steady stream of “eat in” and takeaways. We do not consider ourselves in any way experts, but we do enjoy Indian food if it is good quality and good value. The Bengal Lancer, in our opinion, qualifies on both counts, and certainly deserves a visit to make your own opinion.