All reviews the pub chalet room stayed here arts centre large bathroom bit dated saturday evening secure storage ample parking cooked breakfast comfortable bed would definitely stay here again enjoyable stay well worth the money excellent value for money chicken tea and coffee
Reviewed 4 August 2018

ate here the other week ...ordered a little early before they served so went to sit n wait
food arrived cold ..unsuitable for humans
Cold , Warm Up from the day before …
I found that they DO WARM LEFT OVER FOOD UP .from a formal employee ..especially after a Sunday which is roast day and continue to do so until its all been used

As for the waitresses I have never known such bad manners and foul mouth people
I would not recommend eating here to anyone, a 10 year old could have done food better !!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
MrThirsk, Owner at The Feathers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to create an account to leave us a review.

We have no record of any complaints of this nature so were unable to investigate.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I stay here while working in the area. Beautiful location, beautiful hotel. Good food and good choice of alcohol. I would stay here even if it wasn't for work and happily pay. Rooms in the hotel are modern and have plenty of space. The chalets outside have even more room and are modern. All rooms I have stayed in are clean and comfortable. Plenty of choice on the food menu all at reasonable prices. Highly recommend if looking for somewhere to stay while in the area.

Room Tip: Better rooms in the hotel, but the chalets give more space and are just as nice.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review, It's greatly appriciated, and we look forward to you visiting again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Stayed 2 nights. Room (New build) a disgrace, shower hanging off, doors I'll fitting and a constant dripping tap. Breakfasts were cold, sausages raw in middle a real health hazard. Staff seem totally indifferent to any of the issues we raised. Will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doitnowornever

We have contacted you privately but you have failed to respond, this has left us unable to investigate these claims .This is a brand new build that was built to the highest specification and has only been open since March.There are no showers hanging off or ill fitting doors. Nor have any such matters been brought to our attention either at reception or in the restaurant.

Regards

Reviewed 30 July 2018

A friend and i visited for a quiet lunch. We were early and the first to place a food order (Jacket Potatoes with Tuna) Our food arrived and immediately we realised that the Jacket Potatoes were not fresh. They were very hard, inedible, and obviously re-heated from the day before. We informed the waitress who offered us a re-order but we did not have time to wait. as we were on our way to the cinema. We requested a refund and were informed that we could only have a refund for one meal as the other had been half eaten. This was total rubbish as we had only just got the meals 1 minute before we complained. On asking who the catering manager was we were surprised to be told by a second waitress that they didn't know. My friend has been in catering for many years and when she laughed at this statement the waitress turned really nasty., shouting and telling my friend to shut up! I have been a regular here for 10 years and had many meals here, however this experience and the rudeness of some of the current staff has made me rethink about whether i visit again. (staff seem to change on a very regular basis)The place is certainly not as it used to be.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving your review.
On investigation the waitress followed the correct procedure, offering you an alternative menu choice when you stated you were unhappy.
The jacket potatoes were not and are not re heated from the previous day and on examination were found to be cooked correctly.
The staff tried to be courteous at all times.
As incorrectly stated previously a full refund was issued for both jacket potatoes
Regards
The Feathers.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

It's a bit off the path, but as my wife was driving while I was walking, it was close enough for us. We stayed in one of their "Chalets". It was very nice, clean, comfortable, and well equipped. The pub was lively, but very nice. Dinner and breakfast were both excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The morning after we left, my wife realized that she had left her cardigan behind. She returned around 10am, and found it had been carefully placed in a bag, and left in the upstairs office. Safe and sound! THANK YOU!!
If I were to list any downside, it would be getting in and out of the parking area. That is a rather dangerous entrance/exit, especially when there is a delivery van blocking what limited view you have of traffic coming around the corner.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple