“Wok and Wine Sensation”

Eurasia Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Etchingham
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Burwash, United Kingdom
“Wok and Wine Sensation”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We recently went along to the Eurasia to celebrate the Chinese New Year. An eight course tasting menu in partnership with Majestic wines. We arrived at the restaurant which was full of people and a great sense of excitement, a little unsure of how the evening would go. Our host Jo wished everyone happy new year and introduced the first course, a seafood salad matched with an English sparkling wine. This was one of the freshest dishes I have ever tasted and the perfect starting point, for what was to become a memorable evening. This was quickly followed by a succession of carefully chosen dishes each matched with a different wine. The effect was to create a growing sense of anticipation as each combination increased the wow factor. We spent the evening just raving about the flavours which were just sensational. By the time we got to the coffee we were both delighted and totally satisfied. The whole evening was just great and we cant wait to come back. As far as I am concerned the world is divided into two groups of people. Those who know about the Eurasia and those who sadly don't

• Visited February 2014
EurasiaJo, Manager at Eurasia Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you, Rob, for writing this review. It is great to have written confirmation of your views of the second Wok & Wine evening. This is much appreciated. It has been most rewarding for me to put together the menu for the evening, as this gives me a chance to showcase what Eurasia is 'about'. I hope to host another Wok & Wine evening, possibly in September this year, so hopefully, I can showcase more interesting and new dishes. I look forward to your continued support. I, also, noted that you have joined the Eurasia Club, which allows me to communicate any new events at Eurasia. Once again, many thanks, for your years of support. Jo Lee

“Clean fresh food- a cut above the rest”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been visiting Eurasia for many years and it has always been our favorite! It is slightly more expensive than the usual 'Chinese' restaurant but well worth it. The menu is fresh and different but still offers old favorites and the food served has a wonderful clean taste (not salty of full of MSG). Jo, the restaurant owner is always incredibly friendly and if you are ever in doubt about what to order you can honestly trust her to make a good choice for you.

We frequently enjoy the special deal on a Thursday evening where you get a meal and a drink for a set price (about £9) what a bargain! Always fantastic service too. Highly reccomend a visit. You won't be disappointed

• Visited December 2013
It is good to get such good support all these years. Thursdays are not the only days we offer a value menu. Every Sundays, we offer a fixed price menu for £16.80, with selections of Chinese and Malaysian dishes to encourage families to try us out. Every Mondays we offer a fixed price menu to allow newcomers to experience the Malaysian dishes, priced at £16.80. Every Wednesday, we offer another fixed price menu, also priced at £16.80 per person, showcasing Chinese dishes. Children under 10 eats at half price and under 4 are free. Do try these experience days.

Also, unique dishes like Char Kueh Tueh and Singapore Laksa are available throughout the week, the quality and authenticity of these dishes surpassing many 'high-brow' Malaysian restaurants in London.

Once again, thank you for your continued support. Jo Lee
Horsmonden
“Top of the Bill”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

It has taken us a bit of time before we made it to Eurasia. One of the reasons were some of the mixed reviews.
Well, we wished we had gone earlier. Eurasia has been going for 18 years now and Jo, chef and owner, has developed an amazing menu. Meat sourced from the local butcher. Brown shrimps fresh from Rye.
The many dishes on the menu present a great selection of choices. We had a drink at the bar before we went to our table. Jo was behind the bar and was a great host, helping us through the menu. Another customer (one of the many regulars) shared some of his favourites with us. In all a very relaxed and welcoming environment. We can recommend the brown shrimps and the squid. The curry was divine.
The wine list listed an interesting range of wines at reasonable prices.
If you like the Chinese/Malaysian cuisine: you will not be disappointed!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank HenriLambriex
Thank you, Henri, for taking time to submit your views. It was a pleasure to serve customers like you and your wife. I look forward to your next visit. Knowing that you enjoy your visit and your meal makes the job of running Eurasia very rewarding. Thank you, Jo Lee
Wadhurst, United Kingdom
“Excellent for variety and helpfulness”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My family have many dietry requirements...vegetarian, vegan, lactose intolerant (yes, all in one family!) and the folk who run this restaurant are amazing at dealing with all these things. I have been assured by the owner, that virtually anything on the menu can be made into a vegan/vegetarian meal, and so can eat there, and take friends there, knowing mine and their choices won't be limited to one or two items, as at many places.

Whether eating in or taking out, we've always found whoever's on the phone to be very helpful, and have rarely waited over the given time for our meals. I don't know what sort of complex the person who said the locals looked at them strangely have, but I've found (as a non-villager) that I'll often have a conversation with those sitting near the bar whilst my food's being fetched.

I like the place so much, I've joined their club, where every time you spend £20 you get a stamp, and when you have 10 stamps you get £20 off a meal - makes it even greater value! (also you get some smashing recipes by email, which you can buy the ready-mixed spices from them for!! )

• Visited November 2013
EurasiaJo, Manager at Eurasia Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
It is great to be appreciated and am very happy to be able to meet your dietar;y requirements. We cook food to order so there is no reason why we cannot meet your special dietary needs. Thank you very much for your support.
Devon, United Kingdom
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Some of the ill-informed "reviews" here obliged me to write about this place. We have dined or had take-aways here zillions of times over the years and without exception, the food has always been of a high standard. To my mind it is the best cooking of its type that I know (and that includes London). Several comments are regarding the "pub"; but to me it is not a pub in the typical sense and anyone looking for a pub should perhaps look elsewhere. The bar here is indeed often frequented by (usually small) groups of people who live locally. I have never found them to be anything other than friendly. It is a reasonable bar for pre-dinner drinks or for meeting up with pals; or maybe having a Harveys whilst waiting for a takeaway; but first and foremost this place is all about the food and therefore the restaurant. It offers high quality, yet informal dining and you will not be dissapointed, I assure you.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you, Jamie. It is always great to see you, Sue and all your family members. There is nothing more pleasurable than to know that you continue to enjoy our meals. I hope you enjoyed the latest serving of Brown Shrimps. We look forward to your continued support.