“Excellent take-aways”

Eurasia Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Etchingham
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent take-aways”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Good varied selection of Chinese, Thai and Malaysian dishes. A little pricey but beautifully cooked. Discount on take-aways before 7pm.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank KentBaz
EurasiaJo, Manager at Eurasia Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 November 2014
We thank you for your long standing support and indeed for bothering to write this review. Thank you

“Family Friendly and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have been eating at Eurasia for more than 6 years, since our child was a tiny baby. The service we have received has always been of the highest quality and it is so nice to feel relaxed with children when eating out. We have had so many family celebrations at Eurasia over the years and have always had a warm welcome from Jo the owner and her staff, particularly Ann. The food is wonderful and I could not imagine life without a regular fix of Prawn Eurasia, Sea-spiced squid, Beef Redang and Singapore noodles, to name a few of my favourite dishes.

• Visited February 2014
EurasiaJo, Manager at Eurasia Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for continuing support. It is always a pleasure to serve you and your family. We look forward to your next visit. Jo
“Excellent food, not so great atmosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We came to eat here last week; having only had takeaway from here before I was interested to see the inside of the restaurant. I cannot fault the food in anyway. It came quickly from the kitchen and was all delicious. Having a restaurant with good food so close is lovely.
I understand that it may have been a bit busy when we came to eat; however the only downside to me was the seemingly unhappy and unwelcoming attitude of the head waitress (possibly manager). We had not booked and were lucky enough to get a table - although it seemed to be an inconvenience. (I wouldn't have minded waiting!) The younger staff, although very friendly seemed a little bit on edge and I was disappointed to see the way they were being talked to, in front of the customers. A few manners would not have gone a miss. I have worked as a waitress for a long time myself and I can understand the pressures of working in a busy restaurant, but the atmosphere seemed unhappy and as if there was a tension.
As I said previously, I cannot fault the food, and at a good price too. I can only hope that on our next visit there will be a better atmosphere and any issues the management have with the staff, will be addressed away from the customers.

EurasiaJo, Manager at Eurasia Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to give such a unbiased review. Eurasia is unique in that the working environment consists of both East and West. Each cultural differences needed time to work together at each change period. I think I do remember your visit whereby we were rather busy and at the time of your visit, there was no table available to you. The head waitress whom you had identify as being rather abrupt was unfortunately suffering from nagging toothache, which probably account for her rather ' shortness ' with the juniors. Eurasia have a very good reputation for taking on very 'raw' and inexperienced young person from the locality and giving them their first experience in work ethics and work discipline. Some youngster comes to us often needing to differentiate their priorities between work and socialising with their peers. This sometimes put a very unfair pressure on the head waitress who unfortunately do not have the higher social language communication skill of getting the best out of these youngsters when service needed to be given to customers instead of their friends.

. I am very glad you find those youngsters who served you to be very pleasant, as two of them that were there started less than one month ago and one of them actually have learning difficulty. This confirms that Eurasia had managed to recruit well or train well. The head waitress had been with Eurasia now for over five years and many of the present youngsters and past youngsters bond well with her. Many of these youngsters continue to contact her even after leaving Eurasia for their university courses. Please do not let this event be the last and only opportunity to get to know Ann. Once you learnt to accept her shortfall in her communication and language skill, which makes her sound abrupt, you will find a very caring and generous and genuine person. Regards. Jo Lee
Burwash, United Kingdom
“Wok and Wine Sensation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We recently went along to the Eurasia to celebrate the Chinese New Year. An eight course tasting menu in partnership with Majestic wines. We arrived at the restaurant which was full of people and a great sense of excitement, a little unsure of how the evening would go. Our host Jo wished everyone happy new year and introduced the first course, a seafood salad matched with an English sparkling wine. This was one of the freshest dishes I have ever tasted and the perfect starting point, for what was to become a memorable evening. This was quickly followed by a succession of carefully chosen dishes each matched with a different wine. The effect was to create a growing sense of anticipation as each combination increased the wow factor. We spent the evening just raving about the flavours which were just sensational. By the time we got to the coffee we were both delighted and totally satisfied. The whole evening was just great and we cant wait to come back. As far as I am concerned the world is divided into two groups of people. Those who know about the Eurasia and those who sadly don't

• Visited February 2014
EurasiaJo, Manager at Eurasia Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you, Rob, for writing this review. It is great to have written confirmation of your views of the second Wok & Wine evening. This is much appreciated. It has been most rewarding for me to put together the menu for the evening, as this gives me a chance to showcase what Eurasia is 'about'. I hope to host another Wok & Wine evening, possibly in September this year, so hopefully, I can showcase more interesting and new dishes. I look forward to your continued support. I, also, noted that you have joined the Eurasia Club, which allows me to communicate any new events at Eurasia. Once again, many thanks, for your years of support. Jo Lee
“Clean fresh food- a cut above the rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been visiting Eurasia for many years and it has always been our favorite! It is slightly more expensive than the usual 'Chinese' restaurant but well worth it. The menu is fresh and different but still offers old favorites and the food served has a wonderful clean taste (not salty of full of MSG). Jo, the restaurant owner is always incredibly friendly and if you are ever in doubt about what to order you can honestly trust her to make a good choice for you.

We frequently enjoy the special deal on a Thursday evening where you get a meal and a drink for a set price (about £9) what a bargain! Always fantastic service too. Highly reccomend a visit. You won't be disappointed

• Visited December 2013
It is good to get such good support all these years. Thursdays are not the only days we offer a value menu. Every Sundays, we offer a fixed price menu for £16.80, with selections of Chinese and Malaysian dishes to encourage families to try us out. Every Mondays we offer a fixed price menu to allow newcomers to experience the Malaysian dishes, priced at £16.80. Every Wednesday, we offer another fixed price menu, also priced at £16.80 per person, showcasing Chinese dishes. Children under 10 eats at half price and under 4 are free. Do try these experience days.

Also, unique dishes like Char Kueh Tueh and Singapore Laksa are available throughout the week, the quality and authenticity of these dishes surpassing many 'high-brow' Malaysian restaurants in London.

Once again, thank you for your continued support. Jo Lee