“Stunning”
Review of Rosebank B&B

Rosebank B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Etchingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When I opened the door to the room I thought I must be the first person to stay here; the room was that pristine. Over the garage sounds musty and dingy; this room is anything but. Large airy and full of light from 3 or 4 large rooflights and a large window in the gable end.

Being seperate from the house means that you are very much left to your own devices. On arrival I was offered tea and cake (home made Victoria sponge - very tasty) and informed that breakfast would be brought up later. You make your own arrangements for the breakfast which is a to hand. A cheese dome with croissants, a bowl of fresh fruits, loaf of organic brown bread, fresh milk, yoghurt and butter in the fridge as the fresh bits and all the extras such as toaster, jams and marmalade (some home made) cereals, teas - mall sorts - coffees etc etc. Great if you are happy with continental style breakfast (which I am).

The room has a huge comfortable bed - at least 6 foot wide, so I got a bit lost in it despite being of substantial proportions! There is a large en-suite bathroom with an excellent power shower; tall men might want to use the loo in an unusual manner - seated due to the sloping ceiling. There is so much space in the room that there is a large setee for relaxation a 32inch? television for when the weather is unpleasant - or waiting for your partner to get ready :) - and plenty of storage space for an extended stay. Despite being on a fairly busy road the room is quiet and you have little knowledge of passing traffic.

The hosts are a delightful couple who look after your needs withoout intruding on your privacy. All in all a delightful place to stay and one I would have no hesitation in recommending.

Room Tip: There is only one to choose from - so grab it with alacrity!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I loved staying here . I particularly liked being separate from our hosts in a beautiful oak timbered building - overlooking the orchard . It is beautifully done . Modern clean bathroom and huge tasteful bedroom. Definitely would recommend and we hope to stay again. Good breakfast too - without having to wake at a certain time . Can help ourselves in our PJs!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed twice at Rosebank and will definitely stay again. It is quiet and private and is set apart from the main house, with a view over the garden and orchard. The room is very large and feels more like an apartment. It is light and bright and really nicely furnished. There is a big, comfortable bed with crisp white sheets, a sofa to relax on and a table for Kate's delicious breakfast of fresh warm breads and croissants. Kate and James are very hospitable and nothing is too much trouble. When I arrived after a long drive I was handed a big glass of wine and felt instantly at home. Etchingham is a sweet village with a wonderful deli/village shop and a lovely cafe at the station where you can sit out in the garden and have a good meal. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

It was better than we expected: a huge self contained room, clean, new and furnished in good taste . The bed was very comfortable, the continental breakfast satisfactory, Kate very kind and the view over the garden, with its old apple trees, very relaxing. We enjoyed very much our short stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed at the Rosebank for 4 nights in May 2013. I can say nothing negative. The room was large and very nicely decorated. We especially liked having our breakfast in the privacy of our room. Fresh bread, local jams, choice of cereals, juice, fruit and coffee/tea. What else could you ask for. We highly recommend.

Cheryl & David W.
Ontario, Canada

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We loved the privacy of the room and the fact we could have breakfast when we wanted in our room as we'd had a late night! We came down from London to a wedding in Stonegate so very convenient. Peaceful and cosy! Thank you.

Jessica R

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My parents stayed in August and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room is more of a junior suite than a bedroom with plenty of space, a sofa, a small refrigerator and eating area, and a spacious bathroom. There are 3-4 windows giving lots of light and the room and area is very quiet. Decor is modern and very tastefully done. I believe there is on-site parking available, although my parents didn't use it. The suite is separate from the main house with its own entrance, meaning you can come and go when convenient, and enjoy breakfast when it suits you. The owners are wonderful and very helpful. We would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Craig C

Been to Rosebank B&B? Share your experiences!