“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodford
San Diego, CA
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I booked this hotel because it was close to friends that I wanted to visit in London. It was just a lovely stay. I booked by e-mail, and because they don't have a secure website, didn't make a deposit until just before my stay. They were very professional and friendly, and the room was lovely. A room on the second floor with a view of the street and trees, what more could you ask? It had a beautiful ensuite bathroom with claw foot tub, very nice towels, and nice little shampoo and bubble bath packets. It was so quiet and comfortable that I didn't want to leave. The full breakfast looked wonderful, but I just had juice, toast and coffee - but they have a lovely dining room and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I would happily stay here again.

• Liked — Location, lovely decor
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank chissis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Spain
Reviewed 8 November 2007

I would love to stay here, I really would. However, I have come to the sad conclusion that the hotel may not want customers to do so and gave up. I wrote five emails to them last year, only one of which was replied to and not signed by anyone. I have applied to receive the advertised brochure four times and never received it. When I did at last get a reply, I was told that "Saturday and Sunday rooms are reserved for wedding receptions and parties. It would be better for you to come Monday to Friday. As I could fit in with their instructions (!), I could not pursue a booking. I tried again (four emails so far without reply) to book for next year (a total of five nights totalling 525 pounds) but they did not bother to reply to this potential income either. I would like to go there still, if only to discover if the front desk is manned by anyone called "Basil" or "Sybil".

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DrGeePee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodford
Best Western Plus Epping Forest
Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent
Premier Inn Loughton/Buckhurst Hill Hotel
Premier Inn London Chingford Hotel
Holiday Inn Express London - Chingford - North Circular
St. Georgio Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
#5 of 15 in Ilford

Been to Packfords Hotel? Share your experiences!