“great service and responsive to needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Packfords Hotel

Packfords Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodford
Newcastle Australia
“great service and responsive to needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This may not be the most glamorous hotel in this part of London, but it is very comfortable, clean, quaintly roomy, the breakfast was delicious the the value for money was superb. I didn't know how long i was going to stay when i arrived - i was attending a funeral - and when i cut down my length of stay because I had been invited to stay with the bereaved family, I was astounded that I was not charged a cancellation fee. That alone for me would be an incentive to stay there again. And I appreciated the follow-up email enquiring after my welfare

Room Tip: I had a suite - bedroom and en-suite, kitchenette and sitting room - spacious, warm and interesting
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Graham V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Thirsk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after a family party held at the hotel. The service was excellent and the quality of food was brilliant! We all thoroughly enjoyed our 3 course meal at the function and our breakfast in the morning. The rooms are lovely - clean, fantastic hot showers and a very comfy bed!! The staff couldn't do enough and helped make my grandad's birthday very special! Our thanks go to all the staff!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank natcat_78
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this charming family run hotel with my parents. We do not know the area so we booked by checking out nearby hotels to the venue of the party we were attending. I have to say we were all blown away by the fantastic service we received. Right from when we phoned to book, through to checking out. Nothing was too much trouble the staff were really friendly, the rooms were spacious well equipped and very clean. We are visiting the area again with my parents in November and will definitely be booking 2 rooms again. A big thank you to all the staff at Packfords.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Neasymoo
Spackford, General Manager at Packfords Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are so pleased that you and your husband had a good stay. We look forward to seeing you in November.
Sarah Packford
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

2nd time to stay at Packfords and will certainly return again to this great little hotel. Lovely clean comfortable rooms, attentive staff and a lovely breakfast. There was a function being held on Saturday night which was a bit loud but in all fairness, it finished promptly at midnight so didn't really bother us at all. This hotel is the best in the area by far,

Room Tip: Took my elderly mum this time and had disabled room which was great - no stairs to climb and a large...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Due to an overbooking error by another local hotel we were booked into Packfords Hotel at very short notice. Trip Advisor reviews were positive, but as I didn't know the hotel, I was apprehensive as we had a full weekend of plans in plae and this late switch had the potential to undo everything before we'd even started!.... What a pleasant surprise Packfords was!... The hotel provides free off street parking, after which, we were warmly welcomed by Sarah, shown our rooms which were spotlessly clean and have some of the comfiest beds I've slept in - the pillows were amazingly comfortable.

The rooms are really warmly appointed with classic colur tones, with Tea/Coffee/Water facilities and Flat Screen TV. Wardrobe space is good. The standard of Bathrooms in both rooms was excellent, with piping hot water to both Bath and Showers. Ample clean, fluffy towels.

There is a great Bar on the ground floor with draught Beers, wine and spirirts, which we enjoyed a night cap and a chat with Sarah before hitting the hay!... Breakfast was served in the bar the following morning on the dining tables laid out as it doubles for a Breakfast Room. Breakfast was ample in choice and quality, lovely and hot full english, really well cooked and presented.

What can I say?... the 'other' hotel might just ahve lost thier regular customer?...!?

Thanks for a great stay Sarah and family - will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Sarah gave us a preview to those available and I have to say, they were all great rooms. Book withou...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard02271519
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We went to a wedding there and stayed overnight. They certainly didn't scrimp on staffing levels, and all were very pleasant and hard working. The buffet meal was excellent. Nice garden. In a residential area and on a quite busy road but although we had a room at the front, the noise was not as bad as we expected. Our room was stylishly but simply furnished. By no means a "full service" hotel but fine if you don't need all the bells and whistles. I agree with the reviewer who said that they could do with providing more information about themselves (there was no room folder or even instructions on how to telephone another room) and about local facilities and attractions but if we wanted a no-frills base for local work or pleasure, we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew893
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Very good room. I needed a desk for work and was delighted with the one provided which made the trip brilliant from a work point of view. Very good power shower. Lots of hot water. Delicious breakfast. Parking.
Only one thing to be aware of there is no evening meal available.
I discovered there are some good places to eat for Dinner up the road by accident when I walked up there to the P.O. but it might be helpful to put more information about what is available locally in the room. Takeaway was mentioned but there was no actual info about one so I did not know who to call. Some leaflets in the room or reception would be good. They kindly provided me with sandwiches on my Sunday arrival after a long journey which I much appreciated. I had a great stay and would love to return.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Hilary B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodford
BEST WESTERN PLUS Epping Forest
Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent
Premier Inn Loughton/Buckhurst Hill Hotel
Premier Inn London Chingford Hotel
Holiday Inn Express London - Chingford - North Circular
St. Georgio Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
#4 of 15 in Ilford

Been to Packfords Hotel? Share your experiences!