“A lovely little cafe.”

Spencers
Ranked #20 of 50 Restaurants in Halstead
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I visit Spencer's cafe regularly and am never disappointed. They serve lovely homemade food. The service is always brilliant, the staff are so happy and friendly. It's a great little cafe and I would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Hfenners

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Driving along between Sudbury & Sible Headingham I passed the sign for Spencers... Needing a stop and refreshment I turned the car around and headed back - good decision!
The warm welcome and excellent freshly cooked food was fantastic - I had a jacket potato with grilled bacon and sour cream and chives with side salad and a further side of "home-made" quiche (I was hungry!) - the side salad had plenty of cucumber and tomato along with fresh green lettuce - plenty of dips offered and the bacon must be the best I have tasted.
If you want more butter - no problem - more dips complete satisfaction guaranteed!
The tea pot gave two and half cups of fresh tea - the daily specials board had strawberry eton mess - resistance was futile!
So many little things that others get wrong - here at Spencers they were oh so right...
Spotlessly clean venue, tables that did not rock, good quality cutlery, thick napkins, sturdy comfortable farmhouse chairs, friendly service etc etc...
If little things mean alot to you - this is the place that is going tio be right up your street!
The review by Ramond was right - What A Find!
THis is the sort of place that you can take any of your family to with confidence
I will be back to sample this fine hospitality very soon!
So if you are passing along the A134 - Yes this place is worth turning back to experience!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Whist on our travels, my wife and I followed the sign from the main Halstead to Sudbury road to this restaurant.
It forms part of a small complex of buildings incorporating an excellent farm shop.
Since the first occasion about eight weeks ago we have visited a further twice, latterly with family.
For us to use the same restaurant three times when visiting the same area, shows how well we rate it.
The food appears to be all prepared and cooked in the in house kitchen using fresh ingredients available for purchase in the farm shop.
The food is delicious, in good portions and reasonably priced.
Would we return? Yes definitely!
The farm shop has a good range of products and also sells the products of the kitchen, so one can purchase food you have enjoyed frozen for another enjoyable time at home.

3  Thank Raymond A