Just at the cherry tree now and really can't fault it. Stayed overnight last night in one of the rooms which are in a separate block set to the side / back of the hotel. The room is clean, modern etc and the duvet is lovely :-) silly things too make a difference - stayed at a hotel last week where bottled water was £3.95 in the room, so there it stayed, whereas here, the water in the room was FREE.
Had a steak last night and was served 24 mins after ordering, cooked to order obviously and absolutely lovely with some nice presentation too.
Breakfast again was lovely with thick bread ( again stayed elsewhere and get measly thin!) and nice bacon and eggs. (But please get some English butter in it has more taste ;-)
All the staff were polite and friendly. I would definitely stay again. I presume the teething issues raised in previous reviews are coming to an end now so give them a chance and try it for yourself or in this day and age it will be another disappearing landmark.
Final thing - if you sat nav to it this takes you to the end of stambridge rd in the town. You need to follow this road out to what looks more like the country (same road still) and you will find it there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Traditional 18th Century Inn with open fires, and impressive bar area. Boasting four bespoke rooms for accomodation, and a conservatory restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cherry Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cherry Tree Hotel Rochford
- The Cherry Tree Rochford, Essex