“A Gem !”

The Cherry Tree
The Cherry Tree
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rochford
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We`ve become regulars at the Cherry tree as we have consistantly good experiences. Don`t come here if you`re in a hurry, the food is freshly cooked so you have to wait. I normally watch what I`m eating all the time, but that goes out of the window here ! The food has always been fantastic, certainly as good as I`ve had in London. It`s not cheap, but I`d rather have the quality. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the locally sorced produce, they are very attentive. Only one teeny niggle, the background music. I love Adele, but not that much ! Perhaps some Sinatra ?
Love this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Cherry Tree

Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Cherry Tree while in the area on business and had a fabulous stay. The staff were all very friendly when I arrived and made me feel welcome. My room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Dinner was great - the scallop and pork belly starter was excellent. There was a good selection of wines and beers too. Several other diners near me asked for extra/different elements to their meals and the staff were happy to accommodate this. They were also very knowledgeable about the menu. Breakfast the next day was good, the coffee was excellent. I hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've only just discovered The Cherry Tree, but am thrilled to bits I have. It's got a great balance of having a rural location whilst being easily accesible from Rochford and other close by towns.Onto the important bit now... the food is superb. There's a wide selection of dishes to choose from (I heartily recommend the steak!), and as for dessert, well, it was one of the best creme brulees I've tasted. Service was good too, friendly faces and speedy delivery of food. My only mildly negative point, was that when things get busy with lots of customers (which they frequently do) the conservatory can be a little noisy. I'll definitely be heading back to The Cherry Tree and I recommend this as a venue for anyone looking for a fantastic lunch or evening meal. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I visited the Cherry Tree with 4 friends on a Thursday 22 March. I had the Ox Tail which was so succulent, tasty and well presented with lovely crispy croquette potatoes. My friends all enjoyed their various dinners too. We had not intended to have a dessert but were tempted and not at all disappointed with our choices. The waiter and waitress were both extremely friendly and attentive. The only downside is that the lighting in the conservatory is a little too bright, but that is a very minor point. All in all a lovely venue which I shall recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Just at the cherry tree now and really can't fault it. Stayed overnight last night in one of the rooms which are in a separate block set to the side / back of the hotel. The room is clean, modern etc and the duvet is lovely :-) silly things too make a difference - stayed at a hotel last week where bottled water was £3.95 in the room, so there it stayed, whereas here, the water in the room was FREE.

Had a steak last night and was served 24 mins after ordering, cooked to order obviously and absolutely lovely with some nice presentation too.

Breakfast again was lovely with thick bread ( again stayed elsewhere and get measly thin!) and nice bacon and eggs. (But please get some English butter in it has more taste ;-)

All the staff were polite and friendly. I would definitely stay again. I presume the teething issues raised in previous reviews are coming to an end now so give them a chance and try it for yourself or in this day and age it will be another disappearing landmark.

Final thing - if you sat nav to it this takes you to the end of stambridge rd in the town. You need to follow this road out to what looks more like the country (same road still) and you will find it there.

Enjoy :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BobUK999
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Last Wednesday I drove down from London to Brentwood to take my Mum out for lunch as it was her birthday. She suggested The Cherry Tree as she had previously been there over Christmas.
As I live in London I am spoilt for choice with regards to good food, but unfortunately, in Essex, I have had many average meals, most of them below average. So, my expectations were very low.
When we arrived in Rochford the sun was shining and I really felt that I was in the counrtyside. We entered to a warm welcome around 2.15. The waitress was very attentive through out the meal and knowledgeable about the locally sourced food.
I found the menu to be tantalising and had difficulty in choosing what to eat as so much appealed to me.
I ended up having sardines on toast (highly recommended), followed by Desperate Dan's cow pie (really deliscious and very tasty). Although I was sated, the food was so good that I had to have a creme brulee, followed by a double espresso. Both equally yummy.
The presentation was to a very high standard, something that you would see on the final of MasterChef. My only complaint was that the broccoli was not al dente enough for my liking.
I highly recommend a trip to The Cherry Tree to indulge in such quality food and I look forward to my next visit

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jake M
Reviewed 11 March 2012

im sorry to say it was bad, i wanted a roast dinner and we had been been many times before and the roast on sunday was good. We was told no beef but belly of pork so that was what i ordered, it arrived as a clinical square of pork with a yorkshire pudding and three roast potatoes the pork was cold in the middle and tasted quite bland i could not eat the dinner as it was not up to standard. We explained to the waiter as he took our plates away he returned to say the chef said it was belly of pork and that was how it was but was sorry it was cold in the middle!! A lady then came over with four chocolate truffles as a sorry for the bad meal!! When i paid the bill we was charged full price for a meal which i had complained about and it was plain to anyone i had hardley touched it.So im sorry to say we wont be going back and i handed my loyalty card in.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jacky B
Amanda T, Owner at The Cherry Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

In response to this review, we do experience a high volume of sunday lunch bookings, we are now reviewing whether to begin our a la carte menu in the evening as we do run out of certain items from time to time. I did come over to offer a gesture and to allow you an avenue for feedback as I heard from your server you were unhappy. The quality of our food is very important to us. Many thanks for choosing this avenue for feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochford
Skylark Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay
Travelodge Southend on Sea
Travelodge Southend on Sea
#13 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to The Cherry Tree? Share your experiences!