The Cherry Tree
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Rochford
See available hotels
    Gleneagles Guesthouse(Westcliff-on-Sea)
    • Breakfast included
    The Welbeck Hotel(Westcliff-on-Sea)
    Average 3/5
    All reviewssunday roastliverenglish pubbed was very comfortablesouthend airportcharlieniggle
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 22 May 2012

My bridesmaid booked this hotel for the evening of the wedding. She booked out all the rooms (4x) Myself, my new husband and our closest friends stayed and it was perfect.
    The rooms are like chalets and they stand seperate to the main building. The boys had bought our bags down earlier that day and checked it. Considering this was out of normal check in time the staff were very accommodating and happy to help.
    We arrived late after the wedding and the rooms were lovely - clean (except for how the bridesmaids had decorated them! streamers and balloons every where) spacious and very modern.
    In the morning we all went to breakfast which was lovely. There was a selection of cereal, toast and a full english on offer.
    The staff and the rooms are what set this apart from other hotels in the area and I would happily go back and recommend it to all our friends and family. The two ladies that served us breakfast were beyond helpful and also approachable and friendly. I only leave 20 minutes away but would love to go back and stay there again. The value of the stay was also amazing.
    We were x8 happy customers

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 29 April 2012

We`ve become regulars at the Cherry tree as we have consistantly good experiences. Don`t come here if you`re in a hurry, the food is freshly cooked so you have to wait. I normally watch what I`m eating all the time, but that goes out of the window here ! The food has always been fantastic, certainly as good as I`ve had in London. It`s not cheap, but I`d rather have the quality. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the locally sorced produce, they are very attentive. Only one teeny niggle, the background music. I love Adele, but not that much ! Perhaps some Sinatra ?
    Love this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Cherry Tree while in the area on business and had a fabulous stay. The staff were all very friendly when I arrived and made me feel welcome. My room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Dinner was great - the scallop and pork belly starter was excellent. There was a good selection of wines and beers too. Several other diners near me asked for extra/different elements to their meals and the staff were happy to accommodate this. They were also very knowledgeable about the menu. Breakfast the next day was good, the coffee was excellent. I hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: April 2012
    Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've only just discovered The Cherry Tree, but am thrilled to bits I have. It's got a great balance of having a rural location whilst being easily accesible from Rochford and other close by towns.Onto the important bit now... the food is superb. There's a wide selection of dishes to choose from (I heartily recommend the steak!), and as for dessert, well, it was one of the best creme brulees I've tasted. Service was good too, friendly faces and speedy delivery of food. My only mildly negative point, was that when things get busy with lots of customers (which they frequently do) the conservatory can be a little noisy. I'll definitely be heading back to The Cherry Tree and I recommend this as a venue for anyone looking for a fantastic lunch or evening meal. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed 31 March 2012

I visited the Cherry Tree with 4 friends on a Thursday 22 March. I had the Ox Tail which was so succulent, tasty and well presented with lovely crispy croquette potatoes. My friends all enjoyed their various dinners too. We had not intended to have a dessert but were tempted and not at all disappointed with our choices. The waiter and waitress were both extremely friendly and attentive. The only downside is that the lighting in the conservatory is a little too bright, but that is a very minor point. All in all a lovely venue which I shall recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends