“If this is what heaven is like....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Grey Goose

The Grey Goose
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Rochford
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Under new ownership and management from October 2015. Bar and restaurant with live music nights and great deals. Visit our website for further information.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If this is what heaven is like....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

It was a quiet evening at the Grey Goose
The waiter for the night was polite and friendly
Drinks Starters & the Main Course were timed brilliantly
Bit of Michael Buble in the background.
Starters : Crispy duck : Epic
Main Course : Pork Belly, Absolutely amazing, I wish they had put less pork on the plate I instantly went oh my god..walked in skinny and hungry, Walked out fat and tired, but yet Very happy.

London
“Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

I had high hopes and was sadly let down. Interesting to see others having the same experience with respect to an unspectacular steak and soggy chips. Also ordered the pork belly with vegetables and pak choi. Veg arrived 5 minutes after the pork and the chef forgot the pak choi and sent this out later. The wine list is limited which reflects the whole atmosphere

“a taste of class in Rochford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

me and my friends visited The Grey Goose for dinner last Friday night, we arrived and had a few drinks in the bar and were then shown to our table by a happy and friendly waitress. We weren't rushed to order which was nice, and when we did order, it was above and beyond what we were expecting! The food was superb and so was the atmosphere. As we were ready to leave, we discovered a singer downstairs who was brilliant! This made us stay for a few drinks in the bar. Overall my night was fantastic and a lot better then I had first predicted, I will definitely be back with my friends!

Amsterdam
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Having read the mainly good reviews we were looking forward to our first visit here. First impressions were good - we had a drink in the very pleasant bar area & were then shown to our table upstairs. We chose from the menu and ordered a bottle of wine. A waitress plonked the bottle unopened on the table and took away my wine glass. I thought it must have been dirty and she was coming back with a replacement - that was the last we saw of her! So I reached over to get a glass from another table and opened the wine myself (fortunately a screw cap). Our first courses were ok, but the mains were nothing special. I had an average rib-eye steak served with somewhat soggy chips. My wife's lamb dish was overcooked to the extent that the meat was actually crispy. We decided to pass on dessert and coffee. Maybe it was an off night, but we won't be rushing back based on our first experience.

1 Thank Brozzers14
UK
“Wonderful place in Rochford”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have visited the Grey Goose many times for drinks and three times for dinner. We love it! We understand that this is not a pub, it is a bar\restaurant. With this in mind we have never been disappointed. The food is wonderful and there has always been something for my husband as he is a vegetarian. On our last visit, the chef even cooked something that was not on the menu for him. For dinner, we have been once on our own and twice with friends. Although the food is a little on the expensive side, it has always been cooked and served exactly to our taste.
The staff is always friendly and efficient. We have been there when it has been quiet and when it has been very busy. Never have we experienced any problems at all. Reading previous reviews, I am hoping that those people complaining about the food and getting money off their bill are actually complaining straight away and not once they've finished the dish!
We love this place and visit very often. I recommend this place if you are prepared to pay for quality food, great service and a London-like experience in a small town. You shouldn't visit the Grey Goose if you only think of it as a pub in a small town - that is not what it is.