“Great traditional Italian food”
Review of Antica Roma

Antica Roma
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Rochford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited here with family at a lunchtime. We had garlic bread as a shared starter ( I recommend the version with the tomato sauce on!) and a variety of dinners. 3 out of 4 of us had different versions of chicken and it was all cooked to perfection. Even the smoked chicken on a salad was moist and thoroughly enjoyable.
The service was friendly and I do like to see a family run business, it just has a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here last night again and it never let's me down. After having pizza every visit I decided to ask the waiter 'fat Joe' for a recommendation. I ended up having the monk fish and it was cooked perfectly.

The best thing about this place though was the service I received from 'fat Joe' . he recognised me from a previous visit, and was very welcoming and friendly .

Its hard to find waiters these days who take the time to accommodate and be generally pleasant and helpful.

Defiantly recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Returning to Rochord for a family funeral 46 years after we lived there to discover a better developed centre to the town. We chose Antica Roma for a meal following other recommendations. It was superb. Very friendly staff. Good sized portions. Certainly a place to visit again if we are in the area

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a friendly restaurant with lots of Italian waiters and charm, and serving delicious Italian food. They were so busy we only just managed to get a table and had to complete our meal in 90mins in order to be able to eat there. This was fine as the service is quick. We enjoyed the special chicken dish that had cheese melted all over it (yum) and came with potatoes. The portions of vegetables are enough for two people and we were glad that we took their advice and had one between us. I had a very nice ice cream dessert that was huge and green with lots of cream (pistachio, I think). We enjoyed it but it's more expensive than going for an Indian or Chinese I think. We liked that it has five stars for hygiene (the best) as we always look for that if we can. The Monsoon Indian restaurant in town also boasts this but not all the cafes and restaurants do.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We absolutely love this restaurant. Food is excellent. The staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful.

1  Thank KurtandTracyHansen