“Never again.......!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bulphan
Ye Olde Plough House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bulphan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Don't waste your time or your money. This is a one night only place and is not clean, has cheep lumpy and springy mattresses. Worsed night sleep ever. It's stuck in the middle of nowhere and to be honest I would not pay £10 to stay here... Not even a one star...

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Hydrodem1
There are newer reviews for Ye Olde Plough House

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Easy enough to find the hotel, plenty of parking
This is a motel rather than a hotel – rooms were in lovely gardens, clean but so unwelcoming and basic. The bed & furniture were of the lowest quality I have ever seen in a hotel/motel but had recently been decorated with new carpets
No hairdryer – I had to go to reception and leave a £5 deposit to have one and my £5 was returned when I took it back!
Bathroom was spacious and again very clean – the water took forever to get warm (such a waste of water) but once it did it was very hot, unfortunately when you switched from bath tap to shower the water went quite cold, think due to low pressure as we were a long way from the reception and the water possibly had a long journey
Breakfast again so minimal – no fruit/yogurt/hams/cheeses/croissants
Breakfast was ordered from a short menu ie full english, eggs etc and cooked to order but again not a great amount and not a great quality
Staff were all friendly

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Happytravelllers
Reviewed 19 April 2014

What a fantastic venue! As mother of the groom I can honestly say we couldn't have wished for better. Firstly there is the venue itself - beautiful ! When the evening arrived everyone relaxed in their chosen area be it dancing in the great hall, chilling in the quieter bar room and buffet, or catching up with old friends in the seated area of the garden. Yet no-one seemed excluded from the wedding party itself.
But the biggest plus is the staff . We arrived the evening before to get ready for the big day and I can honestly say nothing was too much trouble for this great team. From the reception to the bar , the chef and the guys and girls who wait on tables , the groundsmen and ladies , and most of all the wedding coordinator Trudi , everyone was friendly helpful and professional. Which made for a perfect day. Many of the guests complemented the food and venue and a few enquired about booking it for themselves,
The accommodation was fine - we had 3 rooms (one disabled) and the bridal suite (which came complimentary) and they were spacious well maintained clean and comfortable. Traditional English breakfast was served in the main restaurant which was very welcome the morning after.
Well done all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here as a friend was holding their wedding reception here. We only booked a standard room and it was cheap enough, so no complaints there. The way the rooms are laid out around the grounds was like being at Butlin's! The gardens were lovely and the staff that I met were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank raquelrattle
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is in lovely grounds the room are holiday camp chalet style and can vary if not in price. Ours was very roomy twin, modern and airy with a huge shower room. Whereas our friends nearby had a double room which was cramped, dated and badly laid out. Perhaps they are refurbishing a few at a time? Breakfast good if a little slow but we were in no hurry.

Room Tip: From our experience ask for one of the re furbished ones!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Family Room - Two young children under the age of 10 years old have to share a single bed and sleep top n toe!!! Or as suggested by a member of staff, one child can sleep with parents in double bed. Unacceptable seeing paying family room price!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had my wedding her on the 26th September 2013 and I can honestly say I could not fault the venue at all. The grounds are kept beautifully. The rooms are very clean and spacious and great value.

The staff were extremely helpful and Donna was amazing in getting everything sorted for me and making everything run smoothly.

Only downfalls. We did have a number of things go missing after the wedding and no one could every trace them including 7 mirror plates, a bra, a garter and a bouquet.

Unfortunately I would not recommend the DJ either. We had a meal going spare so we gave it to him and when it came to the evening the only person he was actually polite to was me. Rather than playing songs which I had requested ie club classic 70's and 80's he played what ever he wanted and managed to clear the dance floor. When one of my bridesmaids asked him to request if everyone could clear the floor for my father daughter dance, he bluntly turned round and said that's your job. He also managed to ruin that by not playing my mash up cd which is a moment I will never get back. So I would recommend getting your own DJ.

Other than that I would recommend this venue to anyone. It's lovely.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bulphan
Orsett Hall
#1 of 4 in Brentwood
Holiday Inn Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
#5 of 7 in Basildon

Been to Ye Olde Plough House? Share your experiences!