“wonderful setting for wedding”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bulphan
Ye Olde Plough House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bulphan
watfordbain
“wonderful setting for wedding”
Reviewed 9 February 2010

The grounds and old beamed rooms make this a great place for a wedding and the staff were efficient and friendly. The food was fantastic and all in all, a very enjoybale experience.

K Bain

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Essex
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The service was excellent, attention to detail was fantastic and the staff were friendly and very competent. The charm of the place added to what my wedding guests described as "the best wedding they had ever attended". Ww stayed in a lovely spacious bridal suite, with jacuzzi, great champagne and modern comfortable furniture. The gardens and grounds at this venue make every fairy-tale dream come true and look stunning in our wedding photos and dvd. I would highly recommend the Plough - it is a hidden gem and I had the best day of my life there.
LJ

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
West Sussex
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I've stayed at Ye Old Plough on several occasions and for a variety of events such as weddings, 40th birthday's, Christmas party and Meal in restaurant as I have friends that live nearby. Each stay that I have had has been a great evening and we've had a great time. The food is fantstic and can be recommended and if you are considering holding a wedding or large party there then you won't be disappointed with the attention to detail for your event. The staff have always been more than helpful and friendly and the grounds are lovely if your there at the right time of year to appreciate them. The rooms are fairly basic, but at my most recent stay in November the room that I was in had a new bathroom and was very clean and tidy. I have no doubt that I will be there again this year for a get together so look forward to it.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
essex uk
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Stayed at the Hotel in December after attending a Christmas Meal we had booked, well what can i say after reading some of the reviews on here i was really put of and dreading my stay. When we arrived at the hotel, we was greated by a very friendly Receptionist, whom i must say was very helpfull during our stay nothing was to much to ask! When we entered our room and was pleased with how warm , clean and homely it made us feel we paid £50 room only which i thought was great value, ok the rooms arent great there very basic but you get what you pay for, i would say the rooms are on same par as a travel lodge apart from the Ploughs are a lot cleaner. That evening we attended Dinner in the Elona's Restaurant again very friendly Staff, Meal was fantastic, I would reccomend this venue for a quite getaway or the perfect place for a Wedding Venue as the grounds are beautiful!!
Overall lovely evening and comfortable stay.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
essex
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Attended a wedding reception at the hotel. Room in which the reception was held was nice enough,and my partner and I booked an overnight stay. Our room was shabby, it stank of old smoke and damp, and there was wet patch in the carpet. Bedside lamp did not work, the shades were dirty and smelt of years old nicotine.The whole place looked like it needs a good clean. Artex fell off the wall when we shut the door.The room we had was just awful and we were kept awake most of the night by noise from adjoining rooms. The next morning, we left our room and outside the chambermaid was emptying the clean sheets froma bag onto the dirty stone floor. I stood in amazement at the way she just chucked them down. Would not reccomend, especially as it wasn't cheap. We would have been better off at a Premier Inn, I have no doubt. Lovely gardens and scenary but thats it. Dated room and furnishings.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Although a clean room, i was staying in a Unit. No character, nothing olde world about it and very basic. Overpriced for what it was. Quite different from the website. Perhaps there were some other rooms..? Front desk staff helpful. Lovely grounds.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Essex
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Having read some of the previous reviews of this venue I have to say I was a little nervous. Well all I can say is they were extremely unlucky or there have major improvements. It could be a case of both.
I had a very pleasant stay there, and it was actually refreshing to stay at a hotel that still managed to keep the charm and intimacy of small place, despite it being bigger than I'd expected.
The grounds at the back (sadly not visible to passersby – which would maybe be my one gripe) are exquisite and the room in which I stayed had a lovely view over the lawns and flower beds.
The room was very clean and comfortable, but yet again still had that homely charm, like someone had really paid attention in the detail of decorating this room – not at all like the blander corporate feel of some or the larger chains.
The first morning of our stay we went into breakfast and was greeted by a lovely member of staff who seemed really genuinely interested if we were enjoying our time there, and looked after us very well while we ate.
I will certainly be staying at this venue again, and after seeing how picturesque it is in parts, both inside and out will be considering this as a possible venue for my upcoming nuptials!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bulphan
De Rougemont Manor
#5 of 7 in Basildon
Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
#3 of 11 in Chelmsford

Been to Ye Olde Plough House? Share your experiences!